Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

does it really matter if nitro causes cancer?
    i mean take a look around ,the air wee breath has a butt load of impurities in it and one day we won't be able to breath without an oxygen tank strapped to our *****.
    shot i probably have cancer right now and could care less.
    nitro can be deadly if huffing concentrated fumes.
    it attacks the nervous system an causes cerebral hemreging, JK i don't know but i do know it's toxic so don't drink it.
    You forgot to mention ''running with scissors.'' [img][/img]
    ah yes i totally forgot about scissors.
    i also will continue to shoot my eye out while struggling to watch my kids shoot their eye out as well.lol
    And cause birth defects, and reproductive harm in the state of California using shoe goo to repair RC parts(says so right on the tube). Guess I'm lucky I live in Illinois which is not mentioned on the tube
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

funny how living in a different state can keep you healthy.
    maybe it's cali that causes cancer.lol
    everything can go faster!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bet if you looked at the box of a Micro-T it will say known to cause foot growth defects in babies
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

does it really matter if nitro causes cancer?
    i mean take a look around ,the air wee breath has a butt load of impurities in it and one day we won't be able to breath without an oxygen tank strapped to our *****.
    shot i probably have cancer right now and could care less.
    nitro can be deadly if huffing concentrated fumes.
    it attacks the nervous system an causes cerebral hemreging, JK i don't know but i do know it's toxic so don't drink it.
    You forgot to mention ''running with scissors.'' [img][/img]
    ah yes i totally forgot about scissors.
    i also will continue to shoot my eye out while struggling to watch my kids shoot their eye out as well.lol
    And cause birth defects, and reproductive harm in the state of California using shoe goo to repair RC parts(says so right on the tube). Guess I'm lucky I live in Illinois which is not mentioned on the tube
    Not only can you not buy lead-based paint, but you can't even buy lead fishing weights in California anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I alsoheard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I alsoΒ*heard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.
    Actually shocked junk food manufacturers haven't been forced by California to add "WARNING consumption of this product has been known to cause heart disease in the state of California" on the bags
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I alsoΒ*heard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.
    Actually shocked junk food manufacturers haven't been forced by California to add ''WARNING consumption of this product has been known to cause heart disease in the state of California'' on the bags
    funny i'm about 306lbs but i don't really eat junk food, i eat three squares a day and that's about it.
    there was a time when i was thin but even then i was at 250lbs so i guess it probably cuz i got laid off" due to an industry slow down"
    about a year and a half ago.lol

I hold a steady 260 lbs these days, but lived at 3 bills for a couple years during my football days.....Warning labels on junk food would just entice me to eat more of it.  Food doesnt make people fat...people make people fat
    Savage FLM ext X LRP .30 Mid Tanked 250cc
    Revo New Era BB Conversion, awaiting Mill
    Brushless Thunder Tiger ST-1 150A on 5s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Shenanigans

I hold a steady 260 lbs these days, but lived at 3 bills for a couple years during my football days.....Warning labels on junk food would just entice me to eat more of it.Β* Food doesnt make people fat...people make people fat
    amen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Although I do acknowledge electric has come a long was with lipo batteries and brushless motors I will stick with Nitro and Gas (1/10 truck and 1/5 Baja 5B). I have no desire to get involved with electrics. The only noise they make is gear whine. I want the sound of engines. VROOOOOOOOM!
    If it hasn\'t got 4 wheels, makes a damn hell lot of noise, it\'s of no concern to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Myself and small group of about 7 of us only run 1:5 scale gassers and nitros exclusively. IMHO electric is to toyish and kinda embarrassing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like this died out.
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bad smell?! exhaust note? those are the best things about nitro, though i have to agree tunig is a pain in the butt!
    Nitro sport/slash MMP with tacon 4200kv.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is nothing new - people are starting to drag race electric cars and such. I still prefer having my 700 rwhp gasoline bmw engine. it makes for more excitement, fun, and there's something to be said about a huge turbo spooling and loud exhaust that a 800 ft lb torque electric motor lacks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JonKBMW

This is nothing new - people are starting to drag race electric cars and such. I still prefer having my 700 rwhp gasoline bmw engine. it makes for more excitement, fun, and there's something to be said about a huge turbo spooling and loud exhaust that a 800 ft lb torque electric motor lacks.
    After reading this comment I couldn't beleive it, I checked YouTube and sure enough there it was. It was like watching Drag Racing on mute. I was utterly disgusted.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hahah you guys r so rite about cali i live in the la area but anyways on topic for all u who r saying nitro is slowly dieing im 14 and have had elec b4 and the a pain in the ass iv been tinkering with real cars and dirtbikes i actually build my own mini bikes and theres nothing better than feeling the vibrations of a 350 small block go through ur heart everytime u rev the engine and haveing a nitro rc car is actually cost me less money than elec and nitro is 20 times more fun and i dont think ill ever pass it up

o yea who here in cali has gone to the winter nationals in pamona

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i like nitro alot becouse i am the kind of person who fixes things up and lets other people drive
    and the smell is amazing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrostam

i like nitro alot becouse i am the kind of person who fixes things up and lets other people drive
    and the smell is amazing
    I equate electric R/C anything to watching paint dry. OR taking a wizz. Oddly enough, I've seen enough videos of brushless cars going against modified nitros and the nitros spanking the electrics. RTR nitro engines arent as powerful as high-end race engines but I suppose if a guy has a degree wheel and the right tools to mod the port timing and such you could get a nitro to consistently beat a Brushless electric. That and a good brushless motor, esc, and batteries will set you back a heck of lot more than a decent nitro engine would.

People who favor electrics probably can't tune worth a damn. Easy scapegoat.

Long live nitro! (I favor nitro over gas - I find Gassers to be quite laggy in the low end. Nitros seem so much snappier.) Do they make Glow plugs for gassers, say 26cc or so? I'd love to convert a weedy engine I have sitting around - homelite 26cc that I wouldn't mind running on Glow fuel. I'd build a boat to put it in.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if i'm not mistaken, you can convert the gassers to nitro fairly easy and i think you use the spark plug as well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A 26cc nitro engine sounds like it would push that 1/5 scale to 50mph?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I gave up on nitro because I ran out of fuel way too fast.

At least with electric, once I was done buying stuff, I didn't need to spend money on keeping it going (not talking about broken parts), plus it was pretty loud (which I liked, but my neighbors didn't).
    Tamiya TT-01 (in bits and pieces)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wait are you talking about electrics being loud or nitro being loud, because electric is not loud at all.
    Nitro sport/slash MMP with tacon 4200kv.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Wait are you talking about electrics being loud or nitro being loud, because electric is not loud at all.
    Oops, I meant nitro was too loud.
    Tamiya TT-01 (in bits and pieces)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i miss my nitros but they aren't runnin because i don't have the money to fix them and most times the parts aren't in stock..on the other hand electrics just make u want to mistreat them. i miss the sweat sound and smell of nitro.[]
    i can do a ton of things to a monster truck with $2000

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All Ican add here is that real truly fast and usablecars and trucks run on CombustibleFuel of some sortand as someone who builtseveral Big HP engines back in the day going to the quarter mile strip and Dirt track races I can say that if myself or just about anyone else there had seen an electric car run a 9 or 10 second quarter mile pass we would have said Dang thats pretty fast for an electric car but the fire breathing Nitros injected 700+CID big Block that pulled a wheely for 50ft, made half the people put there fingers in their ears and cough up a lung because of all the tire smoke would have been the conversation at the end of the night on the way back home, that electric car would be very soon forgotten.

Not bashing electrics here, I dont even have a BL LIPO vehicle, but I can say this.........the first .049 COX powered string fly airplane I had made me fall in love with the sight, sound & smell of the little Nitro Engine and I never forgot it.

Hobbies that include tuning and trouble shootinginternal combustion engines are an art form and become a talent.

But let's remember that there are those who love art and go and buy the best art work they can find, hang it up, keep it clean and enjoy it in their own way.......

But.....then again there are those others that enjoy the art just as much and maybe even more because they are the ones that paint the pictures and create the art through patients, love of the craft and time consuming labor.

Now the question here is, who is the artist and the most fullfiled person here............?

I plan to start my grandkids on less expensive electric buggies but as soon as they are ready to step up, they will be learning the Nitro buggies.

Most kids now days can play all the electronic games and gagets but are completely ignorant to anything mechanical, the Nitro engines are a good training tool and loads of fun for us trainers....they can take some of the skills and apply them to other things in life, like longsuffering, patience, problem solving skills andactually having to use their minds and hands for more than things to push buttons, work joysticks on remotes and video game controllers.

I think for the most part Nitro Cars, Trucks and Buggies are mechanical pieces of art and Electrics are more like Toys and Games.

Personally I'd rather have a Loud150 MPH Corvette than a hopped up175 MPH Prius.........!

PEACE..to all..........just my point of view nothing more nothing less...........!

Welfare to the able bodied is like giving shelled nuts to a squirrel, he gets lazy & soon looses will to provide for himself!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast