Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

does it really matter if nitro causes cancer?
i mean take a look around ,the air wee breath has a butt load of impurities in it and one day we won't be able to breath without an oxygen tank strapped to our *****.
shot i probably have cancer right now and could care less.
nitro can be deadly if huffing concentrated fumes.
it attacks the nervous system an causes cerebral hemreging, JK i don't know but i do know it's toxic so don't drink it.
You forgot to mention ''running with scissors.'' [img][/img]
ah yes i totally forgot about scissors.
i also will continue to shoot my eye out while struggling to watch my kids shoot their eye out as well.lol
And cause birth defects, and reproductive harm in the state of California using shoe goo to repair RC parts(says so right on the tube). Guess I'm lucky I live in Illinois which is not mentioned on the tube
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny how living in a different state can keep you healthy.
maybe it's cali that causes cancer.lol
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 PM
cooldriver385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet if you looked at the box of a Micro-T it will say known to cause foot growth defects in babies
Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 PM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

does it really matter if nitro causes cancer?
i mean take a look around ,the air wee breath has a butt load of impurities in it and one day we won't be able to breath without an oxygen tank strapped to our *****.
shot i probably have cancer right now and could care less.
nitro can be deadly if huffing concentrated fumes.
it attacks the nervous system an causes cerebral hemreging, JK i don't know but i do know it's toxic so don't drink it.
You forgot to mention ''running with scissors.'' [img][/img]
ah yes i totally forgot about scissors.
i also will continue to shoot my eye out while struggling to watch my kids shoot their eye out as well.lol
And cause birth defects, and reproductive harm in the state of California using shoe goo to repair RC parts(says so right on the tube). Guess I'm lucky I live in Illinois which is not mentioned on the tube
Not only can you not buy lead-based paint, but you can't even buy lead fishing weights in California anymore.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
RobbieP
Banned

I alsoheard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also heard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.
Actually shocked junk food manufacturers haven't been forced by California to add "WARNING consumption of this product has been known to cause heart disease in the state of California" on the bags
Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 AM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I also heard that if you eat too much food, that you'll get fat.
Actually shocked junk food manufacturers haven't been forced by California to add ''WARNING consumption of this product has been known to cause heart disease in the state of California'' on the bags
funny i'm about 306lbs but i don't really eat junk food, i eat three squares a day and that's about it.
there was a time when i was thin but even then i was at 250lbs so i guess it probably cuz i got laid off" due to an industry slow down"
about a year and a half ago.lol
Old 10-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

I hold a steady 260 lbs these days, but lived at 3 bills for a couple years during my football days.....Warning labels on junk food would just entice me to eat more of it.  Food doesnt make people fat...people make people fat
Old 10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: Shenanigans

I hold a steady 260 lbs these days, but lived at 3 bills for a couple years during my football days.....Warning labels on junk food would just entice me to eat more of it. Food doesnt make people fat...people make people fat
amen
Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Nitro Fumes

Although I do acknowledge electric has come a long was with lipo batteries and brushless motors I will stick with Nitro and Gas (1/10 truck and 1/5 Baja 5B). I have no desire to get involved with electrics. The only noise they make is gear whine. I want the sound of engines. VROOOOOOOOM!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Nitrojunkie666

Myself and small group of about 7 of us only run 1:5 scale gassers and nitros exclusively. IMHO electric is to toyish and kinda embarrassing.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
cooldriver385

Looks like this died out.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:25 PM
rc awesome

bad smell?! exhaust note? those are the best things about nitro, though i have to agree tunig is a pain in the butt!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM
JonKBMW

This is nothing new - people are starting to drag race electric cars and such. I still prefer having my 700 rwhp gasoline bmw engine. it makes for more excitement, fun, and there's something to be said about a huge turbo spooling and loud exhaust that a 800 ft lb torque electric motor lacks.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 AM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: JonKBMW

This is nothing new - people are starting to drag race electric cars and such. I still prefer having my 700 rwhp gasoline bmw engine. it makes for more excitement, fun, and there's something to be said about a huge turbo spooling and loud exhaust that a 800 ft lb torque electric motor lacks.
After reading this comment I couldn't beleive it, I checked YouTube and sure enough there it was. It was like watching Drag Racing on mute. I was utterly disgusted.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM
dirtpsycho

hahah you guys r so rite about cali i live in the la area but anyways on topic for all u who r saying nitro is slowly dieing im 14 and have had elec b4 and the a pain in the ass iv been tinkering with real cars and dirtbikes i actually build my own mini bikes and theres nothing better than feeling the vibrations of a 350 small block go through ur heart everytime u rev the engine and haveing a nitro rc car is actually cost me less money than elec and nitro is 20 times more fun and i dont think ill ever pass it up

o yea who here in cali has gone to the winter nationals in pamona
Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM
nitrostam
My Feedback: (1)

i like nitro alot becouse i am the kind of person who fixes things up and lets other people drive
and the smell is amazing
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrostam

i like nitro alot becouse i am the kind of person who fixes things up and lets other people drive
and the smell is amazing
I equate electric R/C anything to watching paint dry. OR taking a wizz. Oddly enough, I've seen enough videos of brushless cars going against modified nitros and the nitros spanking the electrics. RTR nitro engines arent as powerful as high-end race engines but I suppose if a guy has a degree wheel and the right tools to mod the port timing and such you could get a nitro to consistently beat a Brushless electric. That and a good brushless motor, esc, and batteries will set you back a heck of lot more than a decent nitro engine would.

People who favor electrics probably can't tune worth a damn. Easy scapegoat.

Long live nitro! (I favor nitro over gas - I find Gassers to be quite laggy in the low end. Nitros seem so much snappier.) Do they make Glow plugs for gassers, say 26cc or so? I'd love to convert a weedy engine I have sitting around - homelite 26cc that I wouldn't mind running on Glow fuel. I'd build a boat to put it in.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM
bigdogkanicsar

if i'm not mistaken, you can convert the gassers to nitro fairly easy and i think you use the spark plug as well
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 AM
cooldriver385

A 26cc nitro engine sounds like it would push that 1/5 scale to 50mph?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Raguvian

I gave up on nitro because I ran out of fuel way too fast.

At least with electric, once I was done buying stuff, I didn't need to spend money on keeping it going (not talking about broken parts), plus it was pretty loud (which I liked, but my neighbors didn't).
Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
rc awesome

Wait are you talking about electrics being loud or nitro being loud, because electric is not loud at all.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Wait are you talking about electrics being loud or nitro being loud, because electric is not loud at all.
Oops, I meant nitro was too loud.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
the nitro way

i miss my nitros but they aren't runnin because i don't have the money to fix them and most times the parts aren't in stock..on the other hand electrics just make u want to mistreat them. i miss the sweat sound and smell of nitro.[]
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
1ofmyfuns

All Ican add here is that real truly fast and usablecars and trucks run on CombustibleFuel of some sortand as someone who builtseveral Big HP engines back in the day going to the quarter mile strip and Dirt track races I can say that if myself or just about anyone else there had seen an electric car run a 9 or 10 second quarter mile pass we would have said Dang thats pretty fast for an electric car but the fire breathing Nitros injected 700+CID big Block that pulled a wheely for 50ft, made half the people put there fingers in their ears and cough up a lung because of all the tire smoke would have been the conversation at the end of the night on the way back home, that electric car would be very soon forgotten.

Not bashing electrics here, I dont even have a BL LIPO vehicle, but I can say this.........the first .049 COX powered string fly airplane I had made me fall in love with the sight, sound & smell of the little Nitro Engine and I never forgot it.

Hobbies that include tuning and trouble shootinginternal combustion engines are an art form and become a talent.

But let's remember that there are those who love art and go and buy the best art work they can find, hang it up, keep it clean and enjoy it in their own way.......

But.....then again there are those others that enjoy the art just as much and maybe even more because they are the ones that paint the pictures and create the art through patients, love of the craft and time consuming labor.

Now the question here is, who is the artist and the most fullfiled person here............?

I plan to start my grandkids on less expensive electric buggies but as soon as they are ready to step up, they will be learning the Nitro buggies.

Most kids now days can play all the electronic games and gagets but are completely ignorant to anything mechanical, the Nitro engines are a good training tool and loads of fun for us trainers....they can take some of the skills and apply them to other things in life, like longsuffering, patience, problem solving skills andactually having to use their minds and hands for more than things to push buttons, work joysticks on remotes and video game controllers.

I think for the most part Nitro Cars, Trucks and Buggies are mechanical pieces of art and Electrics are more like Toys and Games.

Personally I'd rather have a Loud150 MPH Corvette than a hopped up175 MPH Prius.........!

PEACE..to all..........just my point of view nothing more nothing less...........!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.