Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Just GET BOTH!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's simple.
    Big Boyz Toyz go brum brum brum,
    Big Girlz Toyz go Bzzzzzzzzzz.
    Nitro VS Electro, what a joke, gimme nitro all day long, no recharging and no burned out electronics-busted gear box's or busted dogbonez N stuff.
    As fare as I'm concerned nitro will never die out if there are people dedicated enough to really enjoy the mini mechanics involved.
    I do have an electro though, it's a Tamiya Sand Schorcher that I got from my Grandad back in 81ish, other than that only NITRO.
    Luv the noise, Luv the smell and luv the mess they make.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree but dis agree,mine runs fine,and is wicked WICKED FAST,to loud and messy,fully agree.Electric nitro,r/c i love everything r/c.Espessially indoor carpet race tracks,that i find really fun.Stop it already or i'm gonna get one,my goodness boat,jato now i want an eletric one to..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77142.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	331.3 KB 
ID:	1557201  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well while your waiting around for your batteries to charge, all i have to do is refill a tank, eat my dust!  BL=BS
    When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched his head, and said, \"I can do better than that!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

$30 for nitro in 2 weeks.......hmmmm.......nah i will go with electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

$30 for nitro in 2 weeks.......hmmmm.......nah i will go with electric.
    Yes, and you will saving the planet.

ok a few comments. any nitro can go faster than any brushless and visa versa its all in the gear ratio but that takes common sense. As far as keeping your engine tuned I run losi engines on my 8th scale and either RB or OS on my 10th scale and never have to touch them. And "saving the planet"? gimmie a break the nitro we burn is a drop in the bucket to hurting the planet they set whole oil fields on fire in iraq and burn millions of gallons of gas in power plants everyday. once your battery won't hold a charge anymore it goes to the landfill where it stays forever and causes more damage to our eco system than nitro does. And last but not least have you people ever seen a lipo explode? If not wait till you get in a bad enough wreck it will destroy your whole car. There are only 2 things in this world that share a lithium/polymer combination, batteries and bombs. No thanks I'll keep burning my nitro and killing baby birds there's my carbon footprint. Do you people real realize that one volcano emits more carbon in one day than all the cars on the planet do in 50 years?????

another thing alot of people dont realize is if you have an EZ start or a pull start it will always leak air and never hold a tune you will always be messing with it if you buy a bump box and go to a sealed backplate it will eliminate 90% of your tuning problems and traxxas stock engines are all junk buy a brand new jato/slayer sell the traxxas engine and put an os 18 on that beast and its all over but the crying

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

both have advantages an disadvantages
    run both, more luv me nitro as a Petrol/gear head but I do now enjoy leccy's because of lipo & brushless [8D] greater speed then bushed gear an LONGER,faster run time then nimh cells can offer.

An for the backplate leak simple fix is to seal it with rtv sealant or threadlock, sealed lots of pullstart engines with said method not one leaked from backplate an also sealed carb neck to crankcase.
    nt18+mt,blaze,mini t,M18 pro,recoil,Gpv1,crt.5 pro,hyper mini stE,hyper8 proE,revo BB,mtx3,ts4n pro,ntc3ft,ft tc4,Er-1,MI09st

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol wow dude who peed in your cornflakes. I see your point, duely noted. Each side has its pros and cons, that's why you have the choice. I run both and both are alot of fun. With the tuning issues aside, it's just so easy to gas up and go. So whatcha got for sale lol
    Takeoff is optional, landing is MANDATORY!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so let me see if I understand hat you're saying. You don't like nitros ?
    ORIGINAL: topdogg11

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKINGof nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDSDOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRYONEOUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERYSINGLEDAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCKBAD!!!! They are ONTHEWAYOUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAYFORBRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYEFILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man, not another one of these threads slowly coming back to life...[]
    I just wish running nitro wasnt so toxic.
    After getting fuel ALMOST in my eyes once, I told myself that stuff isnt for me.
    The only advantage I see with nitro over electric is they can be filled up many times and keep going.
    The downside to that is you have to have that expensive fuel to keep them running, it all adds up.
    Im like these other guys I dont mind waiting to charge a battery to run for 15-20 mins.

Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

Man, not another one of these threads slowly coming back to life...[]
    I just wish running nitro wasnt so toxic.
    After getting fuel ALMOST in my eyes once, I told myself that stuff isnt for me.
    The only advantage I see with nitro over electric is they can be filled up many times and keep going.
    The downside to that is you have to have that expensive fuel to keep them running, it all adds up.
    Im like these other guys I dont mind waiting to charge a battery to run for 15-20 mins.

a gallon of nitro fuel lasts forver!

........and if you cant afford a $30 gallon of fuel you need a new hooy
    Revo 5309: OS .21 TM, tekno, Spektrum, Buku*
    Jato 5507: Work in Progress
    Rustler 3.3, super basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the major appeal for me is the smoke and the sound and the challenge that it is to keep it in tune. I have some electric stuff but it always feels like its missing something. I grew up around hotrods so nitros are a nice way to work on a hotrod while sitting in a chair.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jrwizbang

I think the major appeal for me is the smoke and the sound and the challenge that it is to keep it in tune. I have some electric stuff but it always feels like its missing something. I grew up around hotrods so nitros are a nice way to work on a hotrod while sitting in a chair.
    +1
    everything can go faster!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+2
    Welfare to the able bodied is like giving shelled nuts to a squirrel, he gets lazy & soon looses will to provide for himself!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+3
    After all is said and done, more is said than done.
    My YouTube channel. Subscribe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+5

i know brushless is faster blah blah blah
    but electric RC makes me feel like a kid running walmart RC's
    oh battery is dead, time to charge...........fun fun[:'(]
    Revo 5309: OS .21 TM, tekno, Spektrum, Buku*
    Jato 5507: Work in Progress
    Rustler 3.3, super basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I keep some electric stuff so I have something to bash around the man cave when its snowing out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like both but i prefer my nitros ...7 nitro 1 electric ....... I dont see the ponit in nitro vs electric who says you have to pick ..one ..just buy both

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

could not agree more.
    ORIGINAL: 22johnq

I like both but i prefer my nitros ...7 nitro 1 electric ....... I dont see the ponit in nitro vs electric who says you have to pick ..one ..just buy both

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If teenagers with A.D.D. too imcompetent and impatient to tune a nitro engine wouldn't start threads with such assinine titles, things might not be so polarized...

Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have both, and they are both cool.

Nitro sport/slash MMP with tacon 4200kv.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to say im only on my second nitro car (nitro rustler with the 2.5 racing motor) i have to say playin with eletric rigs feels like its  a toy. i really enjoy the " hhhmmmmm looks like its smokin a bit much, gotta lean it out." pull screw driver from pocket adjust........car does back flip....... ah much better nitro = BALLS

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast