Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
joel45acp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

I hate either nitro or electric. It all depends which one I'm not playing with. I have 3 vintage RC10 and a vintage RC10GT and hate, love all of them.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: stumpjumper1280

ok a few comments. any nitro can go faster than any brushless and visa versa its all in the gear ratio but that takes common sense. As far as keeping your engine tuned I run losi engines on my 8th scale and either RB or OS on my 10th scale and never have to touch them. And "saving the planet"? gimmie a break the nitro we burn is a drop in the bucket to hurting the planet they set whole oil fields on fire in iraq and burn millions of gallons of gas in power plants everyday. once your battery won't hold a charge anymore it goes to the landfill where it stays forever and causes more damage to our eco system than nitro does. And last but not least have you people ever seen a lipo explode? If not wait till you get in a bad enough wreck it will destroy your whole car. There are only 2 things in this world that share a lithium/polymer combination, batteries and bombs. No thanks I'll keep burning my nitro and killing baby birds there's my carbon footprint. Do you people real realize that one volcano emits more carbon in one day than all the cars on the planet do in 50 years?????
Have you ever owned a electric? A brushless will kill a nitro, and I'm a nitro guy saying this.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM
nitroholic

Oh yeah some can,some can't,it depends.I would love to watch an electric on road compete in a tournement with an HPI Procced,or a Serpent,,so on.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: nitroholic
HPI Procced
Sure is 1997 in here.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
MPevine11

+HPI Procced
they kick *****!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

I love nitro, theres nothing better then working on your rc engine, tuning it to perfection......... And if you do it right and treat your cars right it'll last for a long time....... It's been over a year since I ran my nitro's mainly because of work and personal matters. However, I started up my mini mgt with big block engine today and my rc10gt with lrp .18 engine and both started with little to no problems at all, they both held a great tune (minor adjustments) and I had a blast bashing them for an hour............ I do have electric rc's as well but they are nowhere near as fun as my nitros......
Old 02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
rc awesome

Oh yeah some can,some can't,it depends.I would love to watch an electric on road compete in a tournement with an HPI Procced,or a Serpent,,so on.
Dude you don't understand do you? Brushless is simpally faster than nitro.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
jrwizbang

"simply" not "simpally".
ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Old 02-25-2011, 04:36 PM
ZeroKelvin
Banned

ORIGINAL: stumpjumper1280

ok a few comments. any nitro can go faster than any brushless and visa versa its all in the gear ratio but that takes common sense.
I can't believe I'm contributing to this pointless thread, but I just have to say something about this comment. First off,I am a nitro guy, have been since the late 1980's. I'll take nitro over electric any day of the week, period. However, loving nitro doesn't mean I dislike electrics, I actually have some. One of my electrics is just a simple traxxas slash. I had to give this brushless thing a try, so I installed a cheap system in my slash this year, a hobbywing 6000kVmotor/ 60A ESC combo, was only $90 shipped for the kit. I run the cheapo 7 cell (8.4V) NiMHbatteries. I ranit after installing the system and it completely blew me off my feet. With just a simple 7 cell NiMH battery this thing is easily doing over 40mph, and I have it geared very low too (small pinion, lower top speed). It will have no problem keeping up with any of my nitros (1/8 buggies, truggies, 1/10 trucks, etc), and it runs 20 minutes on one battery too. I have a ton of nitros, some with some pretty decent engines compared to the standard RTRengine(LRP Spec3, Jammin 21, OS 18, etc), and this electric slash would keep up with them in top speed on just a 7 cell battery.This brushless system isn't running near its potential(it can run up to 3s LiPo).

Is brushless faster?I love nitro, but I haveto say electric wins, but for me top speed isn't everything. Once a vehicle hits 40mph I'm happy because in offroad I don't need more speed than that, it would just be out of control.

Personally, I think the speed argument is a waste of energy, and here's why: Should I really care if my slash on a 3S LiPo hits 70mph? At that speed, about any vehicle is only good for going in a straight line, how fun is that. How many people enjoy being restricted to driving in a straight line all day?

Why do I like nitro more than electric? The facination with nitro has been explained several times in this thread and I agree 100%
Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: jrwizbang

"simply" not "simpally".

Thanks man, ya really helped me out.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
jrwizbang

no probbelam

"simply" not "simpally".

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
nitroholic

Every one has thier own opinions,i personaly like both,i just run nitro.No big deal,if i see someone running electric,i'm gonna watch and enjoy.Doesn't matter they're all aewsomely fun.I know i spelled that wrong,i don't even know if it's a word,but you'll know what i'm saying.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
electricrc68
Banned

no probbelam

"simply" not "simpally".

you spelled problem wrong.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 PM
nitroholic

Yeah,i saw that too,i can't spell very well either.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm a nitro breathin nut case by default.
i have had electric in the past, even brushless.
speed record in a straight line for electric is something like 147mph i think
and nitro is like 120mph i think
electric is faster in this case but still like nitro based on fascination, sweet smell, complexity.
there is no brain challenge with electric.
and i can't afford the electric bill from all the recharging of lipo's.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
nitroholic

There's the dog.i can't afford the batteries to charge,lol they are some expensive parts,batteries,chargers,ESC ,motors.Man.That's why i'm nitro only.My boat nitro,my jato 3.3 crazy,kitty sleepy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44863.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1569907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87007.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1569908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze84987.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1569909  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
rc awesome

I cannot until I have enough money to buy my second nitro! Right now the other one has seized.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:03 PM
DeferredDefect

Can I just point something out to all of you?

IT'S GLOW, NOT NITRO!

Nitro is an explosive used in mining. Glow is a methanol based fuel with nitro as an additive

Sorry- it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people insist on using incorrect terminology.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:47 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

O.M.G. ANOTHER NITRO ELECTRIC BASH FEST i like elecric set ups especially brushless but i love nitro and for those of you that think your brushless is better and fater than my nitro i chalenge you to a race my xt2 is all xtm except for head on engine oh and the wing thats proline ive taken a brushless vxl ill take you too! well maybe not a tc3 with a brushless setup but ill have fun trying. on a different note different people like one more than the other, some people like i saw stated earlier dont have the patience for nitro thats no reason to bash it just because you cant doesnt mean nitro sucks try and learn and have some patience statments like "NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!" 
deter (i think i spelled that right) new comers from the hobby (quit ruffling feathers) people  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

It's simple.
Big Boyz Toyz go brum brum brum,
Big Girlz Toyz go Bzzzzzzzzzz.  i like this
Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

Can I just point something out to all of you?

IT'S GLOW, NOT NITRO!

Nitro is an explosive used in mining. Glow is a methanol based fuel with nitro as an additive

Sorry- it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people insist on using incorrect terminology.
does that mean deisel is glow too?
i could have swore the box said nitro TC3 when i bought it.
i guess all the manufacturers are wrong. lol
Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 PM
greg d
My Feedback: (34)

If you dont like nitro why not just buy a simulator and stay home sit on the sofa and play in your make beleive world!Nothing against electric I like it all but most of all I love the smell the sound and the feel of burnin some real fuel!I guess thats the reason the electric car is taking so long to catch on I just cant see getting into a 1968 chevy and not hearing the rumble of a well fed big block come to life and smell the race gas!Go to a drag race and feel that horsepower down in your gut sorry give me nitro or give me death!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
nitroholic

Doug 702,that's what i'm saying.That's right,i'll be there to,so after your done whooping i can.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83751.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1570376  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
jrwizbang

Next time you see someone trying to mine with nitromethane (nitro for short) you let me know because I would love to see that. Nitro fuel is made up of some sort of suspension oil like castor oil, methane (which is the easily ignited portion) and nitromethane ( which carries extra oxygen molecules to help the methane burn more efficiently). It is called NITRO fuel because the ingredient that has the largest effect on performance is the oxygen carrying nitromethane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.