Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
crash1ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Sorry, its not a real model airplane if its not running fuel! thats the whole point,,, the smell, the fumes,the tunning. not those electric toys!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 PM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKING of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDS DOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRY ONE OUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERY SINGLE DAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCK BAD!!!! They are ON THE WAY OUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAY FOR BRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!
You sound like you are like 6 yrs old or a perfect idiot WOO HOO
WOO-HOO, BYE-BYE FILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: airega1

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKING of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDS DOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRY ONE OUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERY SINGLE DAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCK BAD!!!! They are ON THE WAY OUT, WOO-HOO!!!

You sound like you are like 6 yrs old or a perfect idiot WOO HOO
WOO HOO I'M AN IDIOT
Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

i like it nitroholici would like to race you to just for the hell of it anytime your in las vegas let me know we can go play i know so many places out here on road off road and one track im trying to find more tracks
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
rcpilotaviator
My Feedback: (14)

You probably drive a toyota hybrid prius to huh!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

I bet your fingers are squeeky clean just like some bank presidents. Electric is for lazy types. People that can't figure anything out. Everything is written down somewhere and they just put things together and go. That what robots are here for. Soon they will be running all of us. Just like the terminators. Nitro forever!!!!!!!! Hoorah.......
Old 02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
DeferredDefect

Nitro was the main ingredient in the mining explosive used to create the Canadian Pacific Railroad. If the fuel was based on this liquid, it would make sense to call it nitro - but it isn't. The base is methanol.

You wouldn't call a burger a tomato, because it has tomato on it...

As such, when the engines were developed, they were called glow, or glo fuel engines. Only in the past few years has the name changed.

Anyhow, this argument is futile. It is a matter of opinion based on the premise of "best", thus no argument can be conclusive.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
jrwizbang

are you kidding me? NITROGLYCERIN AND NITROMETHANE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBSTANCES ! Nitroglycerin is an explosive, nitromethane is a fuel. It is called Nitro fuel because without the nitromethanes ability to release oxygen during combustion our little rc engines would make very little power so it's an important part of the fuel. this is basic science not "opinion". you can get "glow fuel without nitromethane in it but it doesn't make god power so i makes sense to call the stuff with the added substance by that substances name. its a "cheeseburger" not a "cooked beef patty with added dairy curd ".
ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

Nitro was the main ingredient in the mining explosive used to create the Canadian Pacific Railroad. If the fuel was based on this liquid, it would make sense to call it nitro - but it isn't. The base is methanol.

You wouldn't call a burger a tomato, because it has tomato on it...

As such,when the engines were developed, they were called glow, or glofuel engines. Only in the past few years has the name changed.

Anyhow, this argument is futile. It is a matter of opinion based on the premise of "best", thus no argument can be conclusive.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and a burger without a tomato is still a burger only better.
now add cheese, mushrooms and bacon and call it a super burger, and yet still has nothing to do with nitro fuel. lol
Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
jrwizbang

Damn it, now I'm hungry!
ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

now add cheese, mushrooms and bacon and call it a super burger, and yet still has nothing to do with nitro fuel. lol
Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 PM
DeferredDefect

Hmmm.. Nitro is sitll not required in the fuel!
I have, as well as countless others, flown for years with ZERO nitro content. My fourstrokes don't like it, in fact. It is still just an additive, and is not part of the chemical breakdown that makes up glow fuel!

Either way, there is no argument for glow or electric power. This IS an opinion argument.

Define "best", please, without using opinion! 

Which of the below consitutes what is better - glow or electric? Is it one single or a combination of the below? Do none of the below matter?

Value? (Opinion)

Speed? (Opinion: Is speed everything? What about tourque? What flying or driving style do you prefer? I wouldn't put a "faster" glow or electric setup in my 83'' Etrich Taube just to make it faster...I couldn't care less, in fact)

Efficiancy? (Depends on specific setup. For instance, a high quality OS engine will be better than a 5 year old Nicad and brushed motor, the same way a brand new brushless setup with LiPos will be better than a poorly maintained no-name engine from 1980. Humidity and altitude matter too. )

Reliability? (Depends on circumstances, setup, knowledge, weather, humidity)

Noise? (Is loud better, does any sound annoy you? Do you prefer the sound of an electric motor?)

Ease of installation? (personal preference, experience)

Start up price? (depends on brand, size of motor or engine, etc, quality)

Lasting price? (do you drive or fly often? Battery size, brand, vs fuel size + nitro content)

Durability? (opinon, differs for driving or flying style, care and maintanence...)

Looks? (opinion)

Smell? (opinion)

Difficulty of use?  (opinion -For instance: I have never set up an electric model -I would find it next to impossible. Many would say the antithesis)

It's just impossible to define. Both have their places, and neither is better.
Stop this madness and actually go out and build, fly, or drive something...It's sad.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 PM
DeferredDefect

I digress. Tomato all the way!
Guess who's gone to get a sandwich...
Old 02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
doug702

this is funny "Any landing you can walk away from probably wasn''t that exciting to watch" and oh so true
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: nitroholic
HPI Procced
Sure is 1997 in here.
LMAO!!!!!! This thread is getting even funnier to look at as days go by.
Where's my popcorn? [sm=omg_smile.gif]
Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
DeferredDefect

Thanks Doug702: Nothing turns heads like a model cartwheeling down the runway, pieces flying everywhere!

This, and the troll who started it must be dying laughing at us for keeping this thread alive!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
doug702

my dad used to fly and after a crash and a few min of crying he would come look at the video and go damn that was a good one
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM
doug702

b.t.w. cars cartwheel to
Old 02-27-2011, 05:43 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brushless is fun and quiet and no smell, but also for people that can't tune or really don't have the knowledge they need to make it work on a regular basis
You make a good argument, but it is incomplete. You left out that it is also good for people that do not care to waste time playing with the stinky, slimy power plants, and prefer to drive (or fly) their models. I prefer gas and electric, that is the nice thing about the hobby. There is something for everyone.

What is best? Whatever you like best.

My 3 cents (was 2, I adjusted for inflation)

Gerry
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
tizdaz

just.... lolz!

I think he needs to get out more imo haha ^^
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 AM
steelerscotty

Yes I see your point! But lets not forget the ESC"S, at least your good one's cost alot! A decent motor costs alot!and let's not mention the batteries.and while they have all the torque in the world,your still landing in ten minutes while I'm flying laps around your bird waiting for you to recharge or put another battery(more money)in your plane. And I'm sorry but any true modeler loves the smell of burning nitro! and if tuning is that hard for you to do have you ever thought of gas? Now that's real flying when your plane has 120 inch wing span and swings a 26 inch prop!and yes you still have to tune the gas one's too. Not trying to cause waves with anyone but I'm just saying there's two sides to every story.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:25 AM
The Hedgehog

Glad we are talking about landing and props in the RC Stadium truck forum...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:49 AM
nitrohead803
My Feedback: (20)

+9999999999 just because you cant work on nitro...shouldnt bash it. well good luck anyway

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKINGof nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDSDOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRYONEOUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERYSINGLEDAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCKBAD!!!! They are ONTHEWAYOUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAYFORBRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYEFILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!
Wow! Filthy oder? You make it sound like it smells like a porta potty.
haha, yeah that what i thought to myself.
that and what does he do when he runs in the dirt?...........put it in a bubble! LOL
where's the fun in that?!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 AM
rc awesome

Can we please just but this stinkin thread to bed. After I finsh eating my burger it better be all over.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM
FahrtAutoRC

To the guy making a big deal and telling everyone it's glow and not nitro, STOP. They are called this because of the way the engine works, not the fuel. Do you call diesel fuel glo-fuel as well?

Nitro and electric is no better than each other, it is all preference and you idiots and childrfen making a big deal of it are no better than people arguing Ford Vs. Chevy / Import Vs Domestic. Grow up.

And wth is with that nitroholic guy posting pics of his stock Jato every time he posts? Nobody cares!

And nobody mines with nitro fuel.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Ken Kehlet
My Feedback: (89)

This guy sounds like an only child that can't keep his NITRO R/C CAR running. Now he has his new Electric, he won't be in the Hobby very long, there are too many lessons for him to learn as he grows up.

But, he has learned how to steal and I quote from his Profile:

"HAHA, I ENJOY MY NEIGHBORS WIRELESS INTERNET SIGNAL, FAST AND FREE, WHOO-HOO. HAHAHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.