Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKINGof nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDSDOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRYONEOUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERYSINGLEDAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCKBAD!!!! They are ONTHEWAYOUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAYFORBRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYEFILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!
    HAHA, I ENJOY MY NEIGHBORS WIRELESS INTERNET SIGNAL, FAST AND FREE, WHOO-HOO. HAHAHA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

lol, dont hold back and tell us how you really feel?
    Savage FLM ext X LRP .30 Mid Tanked 250cc
    Revo New Era BB Conversion, awaiting Mill
    Brushless Thunder Tiger ST-1 150A on 5s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

brushless is fun and quiet and no smell, but also for people that can't tune or really don't have the knowledge they need to make it work on a regular basis
    everything can go faster!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

brushless is fun and quiet and no smell, but also for people that can't tune or really don't have the knowledge they need to make it work on a regular basis
    pretty much.
    Nitro is not for people that don't like tinkering with the RC. If you have no patience(like most people nowadays) forget it. But to each there own. I'll be honest I rarely ran my RC's this summer due to the weather. My nitros were a pain to tune (100 degrees with 99% humidity most days I was off), and in the electrics my lipos were at 114 degrees due to the sun before I turned the RC on even... Now after a 2-3 weeks of rain its at 45-50...

Side note around me I notice more electric by me for sale in CL than nitros (saw like 8 electrics and 1 nitro the last time I looked last week) [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i live in fresno ,ca. and even though it gets hot the humidity isn't high really at all so all my nitros run pretty good but when it gets colder out then it just have richen it up slightly cuz he air is a little denser.
    i've had electric stuff and they are fun but i love the sound, smell, and the fact that if i mod an engine i can squeeze ungodly power from them without spending a dime, unlike electric. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brushless is a lot easier and cleaner. That being said if you do something drastically wrong with big power electric setups (wiring, gearing, kv calculations, load etc,) it is even less forgiving than nitro. The electronic can be destroyed in a few secs.

Bottom line you still have to learn your stuff regardless if you are running electric or nitro.
    There is NO best anything in RC. No one CARES about what is the fastest. Asking same question a million times WON\'\'T help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKING*of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!* The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDS*DOWN!!!* For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!!* For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRY*ONE*OUT!!* I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again.* I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERY*SINGLE*DAY in my area and other areas for the past week.* EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why.* THE NITROS SUCK*BAD!!!!* They are ON*THE*WAY*OUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAY*FOR*BRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYE*FILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!
    Your point? I own both, and like both equally for different reasons. You want to sell your nitros? I'll buy them all for $100... you seem to not care about them.
    Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: secretsg

Brushless is a lot easier and cleaner. That being said if you do something drastically wrong with big power electric setups (wiring, gearing, kv calculations, load etc,) it is even less forgiving than nitro. The electronic can be destroyed in a few secs.

Bottom line you still have to learn your stuff regardless if you are running electric or nitro.
    lol so true
    One of my rigs I was testing out (nitro conversion, seeing I've not found any pure elects I like ) I had a ESC in it took a reading it was a little warm still under the danger point sent it our 100 feet and saw a pile of smoke come out from under the lid. I was like DAMN THAT SUCKER LOOKS LIKE ITS STILL A NITRO RIGHT NOW. I royally roasted the ESC (not that I care it was a ESC sitting in the junk pile)

I also found due to torque of BL setups I snap more dogbones, break more a-arms, and break chassis's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

your just mad you can,t tune a nitro and dont like working on your truck.good less noobs on the track.as for the dirt and nitro you must be a sissy who doesnt like to get dirty. good ridens have fun with your electric leave the nitro to us.
    ps what nitro are you getting rid of

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry i ment to reply to topdogg11

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pigpen1

sorry i ment to reply to topdogg11
    kinda figured
    main reason I quote who I reply too

Will think its funny when he learns of the pains that come with brushless though

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Will think its funny when he learns of the pains that come with brushless though
    me too. LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKING*of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!* The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDS*DOWN!!!* For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!!* For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRY*ONE*OUT!!* I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again.* I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERY*SINGLE*DAY in my area and other areas for the past week.* EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why.* THE NITROS SUCK*BAD!!!!* They are ON*THE*WAY*OUT, WOO-HOO!!!

Wow! Filthy oder? You make it sound like it smells like a porta potty. Carbon? Huh? I tought carbon was oderless. It has nothing to do with the vehicle getting dirty. Begs the question, are you a tree hugger? Constant tuning. I live in a hot humid place, Miami. My tunes last for months and only retune when the weather cools. Well good luck with your bl system.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Wow! Filthy oder? You make it sound like it smells like a porta potty.
    haha, yeah that what i thought to myself.
    that and what does he do when he runs in the dirt?...........put it in a bubble! LOL
    where's the fun in that?!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think just as many people burn up electrics for as many who cant get nitros to run proper..... probably the same crowd.

ppl are just getting lazy. they cant stand to turn a needle and pay attention to how the motor runs. if thats the case, im glad to be a dying breed.

embaress??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Both make the hobby better. I love electric and I love nitro for different reasons. Both give the hobby more depth and appeal to different hobbyists.
    *** Support your local tracks ***

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a saying for the ones who drop nitro and go EP…>>> QUITTERS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitros make it all the fun dude. Where's all the beautiful screaming of a little 2-stroke nitro methane powered engine in a silent brushless electric? It's not like you can go buy a real car and have it strret legal that's powered by nitro methane now can you?
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can only see 2 reasons why you made this post.

1 - to see everyone's reaction
    2 - You're one of those poor souls out there that doesn't know how to tune a car.

Electric RC is plug and play for the incompetent.

Nitro RC's are dirty????? I don't know where your running your plug & play electric car..in your kitchen floor....
    Because the guys that run electric where I go, they are as dirty as my nitro.

I guess you never heard of an air compressor, it takes 5 minutes and the car is clean....Oh ya, I forgot you run yours in the kitchen floor.

You must be my previous neighbor, your complaining about the noise, and stink...but then again you couldn't be playing with a nitro in your kitchen, now could you.....you would get your ***** Kicked everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Your going to dominate and embarrass the nitro guys, I'm not sure how you're going to do that...all the nitro guys are well aware of the brushless capabilities, I think the nitro guys will always embarass the Plug & Play guys.
    How???? you asked....very simple... give a Plug & Play electric car to a nitro guy he will know what to do...it's just plug & Play.....Now let's give a nitro car to an electric guy...Hahahhahahahahahaha who's the one that's embarrassed now, hahhahaaha.

Anyways no offense to the Electric guys this is just towards TOPDOGG11, that has 7 posts and thinks he knows what he's talking about...probably never even raced his car because he's afraid is going to get dirty.

I myself have an electric, use it all the time during winter time indoor racing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BATTERIES ARE FOR FLASHLIGHTS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Geeeeez another one of these threads..... Sounds like you don't know what your doing. I've been into every aspect of RC for 20 years, i have run about everything. They both have their ups and downs. Helis i prefer electric, planes either or, cars and trucks its gotta be nitro, boats i like either or as well. I get bored quite fast with electric cars and trucks, and for me, half the fun is wrenching on them. Its fine if you like electric better, but don't come on a forum bashing nitro.... No matter how fast electrics get, nitro will NEVER go away. Besides, i'm just waiting for the next big leap in our little nitro screamers. Technology isn't limited to only electric.....
    T-Maxx, Savage X, Savage XS, MT2 18ss, Speedwing 250mk2, MS composite swift, GP Eagle 580, GP spitfire, Erratix, furion 450

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Uncle Vinnie

I can only see 2 reasons why you made this post.

1 - to see everyone's reaction
    2 - You're one of those poor souls out there that doesn't know how to tune a car.

Electric RC is plug and play for the incompetent.

Nitro RC's are dirty????? I don't know where your running your plug & play electric car..in your kitchen floor....
    Because the guys that run electric where I go, they are as dirty as my nitro.

I guess you never heard of an air compressor, it takes 5 minutes and the car is clean....Oh ya, I forgot you run yours in the kitchen floor.

You must be my previous neighbor, your complaining about the noise, and stink...but then again you couldn't be playing with a nitro in your kitchen, now could you.....you would get your ***** Kicked everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Your going to dominate and embarrass the nitro guys, I'm not sure how you're going to do that...all the nitro guys are well aware of the brushless capabilities, I think the nitro guys will always embarass the Plug & Play guys.
    How???? you asked....very simple... give a Plug & Play electric car to a nitro guy he will know what to do...it's just plug & Play.....Now let's give a nitro car to an electric guy...Hahahhahahahahahaha who's the one that's embarrassed now, hahhahaaha.

Anyways no offense to the Electric guys this is just towards TOPDOGG11, that has 7 posts and thinks he knows what he's talking about...probably never even raced his car because he's afraid is going to get dirty.

I myself have an electric, use it all the time during winter time indoor racing.

hmm I've never raced mine.
    Well I have issues other than afraid to get it dirty (My RC's are all quite dirty thank ya ) more like no track within 2 hours of driving that are open when I'm not at work(double GY weekend shifts)...

Electric has a learning curve like said earlier it just is not as sharp as nitro, but I find it more painful on the walet than nitro when you fudge up
    Example Nitro run it too lean and hot you damaged your piston and sleeve cost to replace $30-50 worst case you break a con-rod also so another $20 (these are based what I seen for my one big block engine some are more some are less)
    Electric run too hot you could have damaged your ESC cost minimal $30-100 (depending on brand and if its BL) motor $50-180. And if you have Lipos, and over draw them thats another $20-$100
    So worst case scenario with nitro is around $70 in damages. Worst case with electric is $380 (if the battery don't explode and take the whole car with it )

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Geeeeez another one of these threads..... Sounds like you don't know what your doing. I've been into every aspect of RC for 20 years, i have run about everything. They both have their ups and downs. Helis i prefer electric, planes either or, cars and trucks its gotta be nitro, boats i like either or as well. I get bored quite fast with electric cars and trucks, and for me, half the fun is wrenching on them. Its fine if you like electric better, but don't come on a forum bashing nitro.... No matter how fast electrics get, nitro will NEVER go away. Besides, i'm just waiting for the next big leap in our little nitro screamers. Technology isn't limited to only electric.....
    Agree
    I have more fun ripping them apart than running
    Personally I would love to see gas powered engine tech hit 1/10ths so we can just fill up at the pump and skip the nitros fuel cost

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I converted three of my 60-sized planes to AXI 4120 motors powered by a ThunderPower ProLite 5000maH 22.2 volt 6-cell Lipo.............and I'm so glad I tried this. They're faster than my nitro powered planes and there's absolutely no mess at all. There's no cylinder head/muffler hanging out in the breeze and the sound they produce on a flyby is so cool!!! When guys at our field see my planes fly by, they gawk and listen and are saying W-T-F because they just have never seen a 60-sized electric plane hauling ass through the sky. (They've never seen a 60-sized electric plane. Period).

However, I've got an O.S. 75AX in the garage that's getting an airplane. A Hellcat, Corsair,....something. I do miss the sound of my 4-stroke motors and the mess really isn't that bad.

Real men fly electric planes.....to get in touch with their feminine side.
    "Stardate 51186.2: Working with Seven of Nine is becoming awkward."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

I converted three of my 60-sized planes to AXI 4120 motors powered by a ThunderPower ProLite 5000maH 22.2 volt 6-cell Lipo.............and I'm so glad I tried this. They're faster than my nitro powered planes and there's absolutely no mess at all. There's no cylinder head/muffler hanging out in the breeze and the sound they produce on a flyby is so cool!!! When guys at our field see my planes fly by, they gawk and listen and are saying W-T-F because they just have never seen a 60-sized electric plane hauling ass through the sky. (They've never seen a 60-sized electric plane. Period).

However, I've got an O.S. 75AX in the garage that's getting an airplane. A Hellcat, Corsair,....something. I do miss the sound of my 4-stroke motors and the mess really isn't that bad.

Real men fly electric planes.....to get in touch with their feminine side.
    nice touch

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast