Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

LSN won't lean

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
massenrg4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSN won't lean

My LSN is leaned all the way to the stop (clockwise) and still my engine is idling way too rich. It's a rotary carb. I've taken it apart, cleaned and reassembled it and still can't resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
moe7404

Default RE: LSN won't lean

sounds like a vacuum leek.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
RCJuice

Yup, air leak.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the LSN was truly bottomed out, no fuel would flow and the engine wouldn't run.

As you turn in the LSN, it's needle like tip inserts into the spray bar and eventually cuts off all fuel.

Sometimes the spray bar gets damaged from seating the LSN too tightly. It can leak fuel after that.

Some carbs have an adjustment for the spray bar and is sometimes referred to as the MSN. This may be way out of whack if it vibrated loose, or wasn't assembled correctly.

You might have your idle stop screw set so the carb doesn't close far enough, and the LSN might bottom out before it goes in the spray bar enough to get the right mixture lean-ness.
Turn your LSN out enough nothing is forced, and adjust the idle stop screw for about a 1mm opening when you close the throttle. Now gently turn in the LSN. Can you now lean the mixture?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 AM
massenrg4

Thanks Argess,

you got me pointed in the right direction. The Idle stop screw on this engine actually guides (via a channel) the barrel back and forth while the throttle arm actuates. My idle stop screw wasunscrewed andnot making contact with the barrel. Therefore thebarrel was floating wherever it wantedand the lsn was never making contact with the splash bar.

I appreciate your guidance.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, one way or another, you seem to headed for success. Good Stuff....isn't this nitro stuff fun?