Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Rc10 GT forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Donahue Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc10 GT forum

im having problems joining ,, after i complete the registration form, it says page cannot be displayed, contact webmaster!!

not sure what im doing wrong.

i got 11 Rc10gts,a few projects and i have a lot of questions reguarding the pull start/ non pull starts on the Black chassis tubs and flat blue pans..

im having troubles mounting a pull start motor on to the black pans.

Justinspeed79 had a original white armed black tub GT with a pullstart motor ,but none of the pics where close enough to show how his was mounted..

please help with the joining the forum thing..

thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Donahue Racing

Default RE: Rc10 GT forum

Below is the Rc10Gt mess im in. Enjoy.

this is my Rc10Gt . everything is aluminum.see through shocks,Rpm reciever box.MIPcvd's. stock trans.
still never ran it yet.

This one is my son's rc10gt. Lots of upgrades. Rpm parts,few aluminum parts. Pretty good for a 4 year old.
cant wait for the day he gets to drive it!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Donahue Racing

a little rebuild project below. i basically got it for free. motor was seized,trans was seized.front axel stub was broken.lots of rust.
Before:

After:

this one i pretty much cheated with. i had a parts truck, so i swapped the motor/trans.cleaned up a few parts,swapped rims/tires.used the original electronics/ chassis.
this chassis is the longer Blue FT ? chassis i believe.

No plans for this yet, guess its a back up Gt . when you have so many, its hard to figure out what to decaler them as.. im just having fun building them and setting them aside!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Donahue Racing

this was one i had on the back burner for a while.. this one will be my dads.. (lol he's gonna be jealous of my My 4 year old son! compare this to my sons! its okay though,ive paid for all these , my dad is getting this one free along with parts so he can build his.. since i paid for it all,worked for it all, ive made the decision to build my son a better, Durable Rc10gt.. im not gonna give my son a junker!) any way ,the story behind this one is , i got it for $20 at a yard sale. it was basically lost in action..battery pack fell out , truck took off outta control and ran up under a porch where it died.. no one saw where it went, so it stayed under the porch for a few years till it was found when the porch was being tore down.i pulled the original motor that was locked up and i put in another motor that still has life in it.

yes i replaced the rims / tires, swapped the motor.. thats all ive done to it. my dad will take over this one and do what ever with it.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Donahue Racing

this one here is the longer blue FT chassis Rc10GT .. i built this one out of spare parts. i have a pull start os 15 that will go in this one.
again, just another back up GT.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Donahue Racing

i dont remember where i got this from. i think it was built from spare parts..(every time i get another one, i tear all of them apart and switch parts around, so its nearly impossible to keep track!)

im wanting to put a pull start motor in this one,and swap out the rims..i like the cone shape rims better.again, this will be another back up GT..
Old 05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Donahue Racing

these all were complete Rc10's, but i tore them all apart and rebuilt other ones.. this the last of the "parts trucks".. im hoping that i can build 2 complete ones outta this pile..
id like to get one black tub and one blue tub built, but ill play it by ear. i do have extra motors,transmissions,rims/tires laying around.
stay tuned for the out come of this pile !
Old 05-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Donahue Racing

ORIGINAL: Donahue Racing

these all were complete Rc10's, but i tore them all apart and rebuilt other ones.. this the last of the "parts trucks".. im hoping that i can build 2 complete ones outta this pile..
id like to get one black tub and one blue tub built, but ill play it by ear. i do have extra motors,transmissions,rims/tires laying around.
stay tuned for the out come of this pile !
so this is what i was able to build out of the parts pile..i need to change out the CV shafts,get a matching set of tires, might eventually change the rims, i also have a motor for it.
later on ill go through all the bodies i got and change around body mounts and put the bodies on these things.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good god you have a lot of rc10gt's. You need to space up a pull start engine when mounting it on a black tub, I cant remember where I got my spacers, but they took a while to find.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Donahue Racing

i tried to register for at the rc10gt forum ,,, same thing when i submit the form i get this displayed:

[*]status=1[*]osstatus=0[*]msg=FrontPage security violation.[*]osmsg=(not displayed for security reasons)[*]error=target uid/gid (65534/60) mismatch with file (141357/60): /services/webpages/b/a/baysidehobby.com/public/.htaccess[/list]anyone else ever had problems joining that forum?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Donahue Racing

i found a set of sand paddle tires,put them on along with my ron paris pipe. still need a lot more parts before this one is done.

i traded this Rc10GT for the Monster GTbelow.. it came with a parts truck as well

the guy i traded with said he didnt want the GTand he needed gas money ,so he sold me back the Rc10****r $40.00... basically i paid $40 for the MGT.. but since ive had it ive done work to it!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
katz

wondering if someone can lead me in the right direction . . . i had an old tub style and converting it to the blue aluminum chassis. my o.s. .15 pull start motor only has 2 gals through it, and has been stored for a few years.

1. what motor mount do i need to finish the project?
2. any tips on getting engine back in goods running condition?

thanks fore your help, much appreciated
Old 10-03-2011, 10:35 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: katz

wondering if someone can lead me in the right direction . . . i had an old tub style and converting it to the blue aluminum chassis. my o.s. .15 pull start motor only has 2 gals through it, and has been stored for a few years.

1. what motor mount do i need to finish the project?
2. any tips on getting engine back in goods running condition?

thanks fore your help, much appreciated
[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTX51&P=7]This[/link] is the motor mount you need. Was the car/engine stored with fuel in it? If so, you will probably need to disassemble the carb and clean it thoroughly. The best way to refresh an old engine is to pop the back plate off, then soak it in some gasoline (same with the carb). Once the gas evaporates out, oil everything with some 3-in-1 or Marvel Mystery Oil. Be careful removing the recoil starter, as the little spool inside can pop out (pain in the ass to fix).
Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM
wrighty8766

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Associated...ht_2295wt_1037

that is the mount you need, comes with all the screws etc!

engine should bee good,get a new glow plug and richen it up a bit for a tank or so at idle just to get some oil through it!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
katz

proanti1 and wrighty8766,
thanks for the quick replies, i am ordering one right now! i will post some pix when she is assembled. wrighty, pens fan by chance?? i am, HUGE!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 AM
wrighty8766

proanti1 and wrighty8766,
thanks for the quick replies, i am ordering one right now! i will post some pix when she is assembled. wrighty, pens fan by chance?? i am, HUGE!

pens?? what do you mean?!

no worries with the help, anything else just ask!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
katz

wrighty8766,
the "pens" i referred to are the pitsburgh penguins from the nhl. 87= sidney crosby's # and 66=mario lemieux's #. sorry to get off topic. promised i'd post some pics of the build . . . almost done, just have to reconnect wires to receiver, attach fuel lines, install a new gasket for the exhaust manifold, fill it up and let it fly.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23432.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	1673443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33771.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	1673444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17597.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	1673445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy72175.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	1673446  
Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Wow thats alot of gt's!! I know this is an older thread but if the OP is still looking around here, You need to do big block conversion to one of those! Especially of you have a couple that you aren't sure what to do with them. I have done 3 big block conversion on my RC10GT's. the first one had an LRP .28 Spec 3, the second had an Ofn Hyper .21, and the one I currently have has a Losi Mach 427 in it.

Hyper .21

Mach 427

LRP .28

Old 10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
yakfish

wrighty8766,
the ''pens'' i referred to are the pitsburgh penguins from the nhl. 87= sidney crosby's # and 66=mario lemieux's #.

I know this is off topic, but your in Windsor. Why aren't you a Leafs fan? I say Go Leafs Go!! And BTW... Jagar went to Philly LOL!! [X(] On the Pens... I hope they get Crosby back soon it will be better for the game if he can get back and playing healthy again. I hope for nothing but the best for Sidney Crosby.

OK back on topic now!!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:24 AM
katz

yakfish,
my pics are all of the same gt, i wish i had 3 of them like you! my o.s. .15 engine is still a baby. i have only put 2 gals through it over the past 10 or so years. it is nice and clean, but the closest track is an hour away. my job has taken me to livonia, mi. there is an indoor track at dirt burner hobbies perfect for 10 scale and is about 5 mins away. nice thing is they change the track setup every 3-4 months . . . here is the latest:

as for the pens, been a die hard fan since the early 80's when they never even used to make the playoffs. still root for toronto though, maybe this year they will get their $#!% together!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82815.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	1673746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84117.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	1673747  
Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 PM
wrighty8766

katz, im from the UK, dont do NHL over here lol! one problem with you gt.... too clean and shiny  although mine was like that a few weeks aho after a new chassis due to hitting a kurb (ironicly the fail safe got jammed between the servo and couldnt power down )

yakfish, i have thought about putting a big block in one of mine one or twice, decided against though seems a bit too much fiddling around haha. plus the cv-r's are only a few months old with plenty of life left in them.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
yakfish

yakfish,
my pics are all of the same gt, i wish i had 3 of them like you! my o.s. .15 engine is still a baby. i have only put 2 gals through it over the past 10 or so years. it is nice and clean, but the closest track is an hour away. my job has taken me to livonia, mi. there is an indoor track at dirt burner hobbies perfect for 10 scale and is about 5 mins away. nice thing is they change the track setup every 3-4 months . . . here is the latest:

as for the pens, been a die hard fan since the early 80's when they never even used to make the playoffs. still root for toronto though, maybe this year they will get their $#!% together!
I only have one GT (Mach 427) now I sold the other 2 last year. The RC10G is still one of my favorite RC's though. That is a reallt sweet looking track you have to run on!

Nice to see your not a band wagon jumper with the Pens now that they have a good team. It has been a hard 6-7 years as leafs fan! I heard today they have cleared crosby for contact. It won't be long now before he starts actual games. I have him on my fantasy hockey team so the sooner the better! LOL!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 AM
katz

what kind of tires do you guys recommend for hard pack clay?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
kaycerc

what kind of tires do you guys recommend for hard pack clay?
Not trying to be vague, but realistically every "hard packed clay" is different - and being that every tire manufacturer (jconcepts, proline, losi, etc. - you can check their individual websites) makes several clay tires it's impossible to give an answer. So while it may sound old and tired, the expression is oh so true, "every track is different, and there is a tire that works at every track, so the best thing to do is to inquire what the fast guys are using."

Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
katz

i will have to experiment with a few different tires then. what are you guys using for your steering setup. got my gt rockin' yesterday and noticed the
steering really sucks. heard about an mp1 ball bearing setup, thats about it. it would have to be better than stock servo/steering setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.