RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Useless MT2 G3.0 wont start!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 AM
bluemt2g3.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Useless MT2 G3.0 wont start!!!!

Grrr,
tried *and failed* to start my mt2 today, but now have NO IDEA why!!!!!!!!
all the usual suspects tried & tested, glow plug etc,
I KNOW its still not tuned, so please dont tell me to tune it as it started and ran like a dream a couple of weeks ago
any help appreciated,
thanks

nb. Has any1 ever herd of niro fuel going off or decomposing? my LHS man reckons fuel goes off in 6 mnths, but i havnt herd any1 talk about it
Old 07-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Useless MT2 G3.0 wont start!!!!

Only way id see the fuel really going bad is if they left it sitting on a hot floor, in direct sunlight, with no cap on it or something.

I had a gallon of Omega 16% fuel sittin in my shed for almost 10 years, and i decided to burn through it all couple months ago and my car ran with it no problem.

Have you made sure its not flooded? Do you have another plug to try? Just because it lights up, doesnt always mean it will stay lit under compression.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel will go bad, but as already said... it has to be sitting somewhere hot. Have you tried starting it by dribbling a little fuel down into the carb?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 AM
bluemt2g3.0

had fuel 6mnths, its sat in the garage in winter (-2 - 4C) and shed in summer (10-20C), cap always on, never in direct sunlight.
Proanti1, ill try this method. Do i just put a few drops where the air filter is?
Fuel Crazy, engine not flooded, BUT very last coil (the bit that sticks out slightly) on the plug doesn't light - mayb????
thanks guys, keep em coming

Old 07-07-2011, 05:51 AM
smitty2919

Only need spark/fuel/air. So I would say take the glow plug out and see if it lights, if not then it's either a bad plug or your ignighter is dead. Next is fuel, make sure you are priming it and it is getting enough fuel. Then look to the air filter, clean it out if dirty.

If all those check out then take your air filter off, and see how much gap you have at idle via the idle screw. If it's too small then you wont get enough air/fuel to get it running.

Sometimes I have to bump my carb open more (screw IN the idle screw) on my Savage 25 just to get it running and once it warms up I close it then proceed to tune it.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
bluemt2g3.0

took it to the lhs to get it sorted, now works fine
thanks for suggestions guys