Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Exhaust / Oily Engine / General tuning questions

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Exhaust / Oily Engine / General tuning questions

Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Lewis.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust / Oily Engine / General tuning questions

Evening chaps. Car is a HPI Firestorm 10T (earlier one with orange and black flames)

In the absence of after run oil i've been putting a few drops of car engine oil into the beast each night (literally 3 drops), but my after run oil arrived today so will be using that from now on.I noticed a **** load of oil around the exhaust ports and generally on the engine and thought it could be the oil working it's way out of the engine after use.However, tonight I checked the exhaust bolts and they were loose as buggery!!SO, took off the exhaust and gave it all a clean.The gasket cracked and broke (is this usual or do they decay after time, the car is an older model after all), so I used car engine gasket sealant around the port instead (very small amount tidily applied of course).Fitted it all back up and ran the car for a while.I am still trying to get it tuned to perfection.Doesn't seem to be running as mint as it was the other day? It's super sensitive to the adjustment on the needles too.Couldn't go an 1/8 of a turn on the HSN as it's simply too lean!The car seems to like the rich settings for some reason.Also the LSN is uber sensitive (even though it's almost impossible to turn given it's location!) Top end speed is generally very good, and there's always a trail of smoke from the exhaust, however, when i lean it off it stutters upon full acceleration (say you apply full throttle from stand still), if I richen it up it's better, but I am trying to improve the acceleration. There's also a fair bit of smoke just on idle, but when I lean off the LSN it doesn't seem to like that either!

Finally I noticed that the idle adjustment screw doesn't really open the throttle more, it just prevents it from closing when you apply the brake. And when you do apply the brake it seems to put a lot of pressure on the throttle arm (bending it slightly)?

Just looking for comments on my observations, and general tips - thanks