Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Reapers0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3

Whats the best set up to use for the jato? I know no 2 trucks are the same, but would appreciate a good starting point. Also, any tips for keeping the front wheels down? My jato is all stock and I'm using traxxas 33% fuel
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jato 3.3

Do you want a set up for on road or off road?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Reapers0

Right now I just have the factory street tires on it
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM
quietnas1

Well mines is set up for on road. First I have a five cell flat battery pack in the middle battery compartment. I have the suspension set at its lowest setting to the ground, and I have 50wt shock oil in the front shocks and 75wt shock oil in the rear shocks. With this set up out handles very nice and no more wheelies.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Reapers0

Never noticed a middle battery compartment. Is it the space in front of the gas tank?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The center battery compartment is the one sitting in front of the engine behind the gas tank. It holds the optional flat 5 pack instead of the rear 4 akeline batteries in the rear. Easier for charging etc. and it balances the weight to the center some more. I dont really care for the wheelies but that didn't make much difference on mine with regard to wheelies. What did was adding the extra weight that I did with the aftermarket aluminum parts. I just this weekend rebuild mine after a terrible collision with a fencepost that rendered everything front of the motor in pieces. Igot all parts and put on Saturday except for the steering saver assembly, that goes on tonight since it came late in the mail today. Then Iam ready to race again!!! Probably only to hit something else but hey, you live and learn, sometimes.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
quietnas1

Yes it is the compartment in front of the engine and behind the gas tank. I would stay away from aluminum parts especially Integy. It is great fire the brake assembly and steering servo saver but that is about it. What really kept the wheelies away was the shock oil I used front and back and dropping the suspension to its lowest point.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Yes it is the compartment in front of the engine and behind the gas tank. I would stay away from aluminum parts especially Integy. It is great for the brake assembly and steering servo saver but that is about it. What really kept the wheelies away was the shock oil I used front and back and dropping the suspension to its lowest point.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have already purchased and installed all Integy parts except for some pieces in Exocarbon like the compartment covers, dirt guards. But the shocks, shock towers, a-arms, steering blocks and other parts on A-arms are all aluminum now. Ifound that in my accident the fact that Ileft the upper/lower bulkhead in the original material really helped to absorb the impact and crunch and let the aluminum parts lay around them. Just bought a cheap set of original bulkhead and top plate and good as new. Although I did have to get two new servos also because the places they mount broke off, although they still worked fine. Wish Icould just replace the exterior of the servo since it still worked. What should Ido with them? Why so against integy parts? Idid find that the metal wasn't the strongest on the bumper I purchased. It bent and snapped too easy. No protection, not buying another bumper and wasting money. I just got an exocarbon bumper this time. Looks pretty in comparison to the stock. Maybe next time I will get an RPM black expanded bumper. I know there will be a next time. unfortunately.