Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10GT Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
mahensinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Help!!!!!!

Hey guys. I'm new to RCU but I love it. So recently, I got a used rc10gt. But it does not run. It only runs when I put gas directly into the carb. And it doesn't even run for 3 seconds because no fuel is getting to the carb. I tried all I the ways to get fuel intot the lines and into the carb. I tried blowing on the line from the muffler to push nitro into the carb but it still won't fire. I checked all of my glo plugs and igniters. Still, nothin. I'm assuming the gas is fresh. I really need help by the end of Friday. It would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know how to get my at running. Also, I'm using a starter box. And the engine is and OS .15. Please help.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Scinet7

Default RE: RC10GT Help!!!!!!

Needle jet isn't screwed right down is it?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 AM
mahensinger

Nah. All the settings on the carb are correct.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Scinet7

What happens when you blow directly down the fuel pipe into the carb? There should be a hissing sound, moreso when you open the throttle. (watch for residual fuel on the pipe, it's poisonous)
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RS4PLAY

Might wanna try cleaning out the carb, mainly the needles. They are so small it only takes a smal grain of dirt or gunk to close off the flow of fuel. From what you are saying thats my bet
Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
mahensinger

Well I just recently got new glo plugs and fuel. I got it running but it died off. Fuel is getting to the carb but still just won't start. I'm getting really frustrated and I'm about to throw it! I would tAke it to the hobby shop but i don't want to spend any mony. Lol. When it's on the starter box, the wheels spin, but it's not from me opening the throttle. I'm assuming this is jut from the spur gear and all them other gears. When I do hit the throttle, nothing happens. All the sound it is making is the sound of the piston.  Also, compression is coming from the muffler. Has this happened to any of you? HELPPPP!!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
RS4PLAY

I would still consider cleaning and least the HSN assembly. Its fast and simple. If the wheels are spinning without you hitting the throttle the clutch may be bad or stuck
Old 04-28-2012, 04:36 AM
mahensinger

Grr. Is there a way I can tell I'f it is actually bad? How much $ would it cost?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
RS4PLAY

I dont know which clutch you are running but you would have to take the clutch bell off and inspect it. If the bell slides right off the clutch is stuck open, but the clutch shoes could still be worn out or not adjusted right. Clutch shoes are relatively cheap. normally around $10
Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
SLAYERDUDE

OMFG dudes, if it fires right up when you put fuel in the carb neck and won't run otherwise it because fuel isn't getting thru the carb.
IT'S NOT THE CLUTCH.[&:]
Your fuel tank/carb is either clogged from crud, or there's a needle blocking the flow.
Maybe the stone in the tank is clogged?
Backflush the tank, make sure you can open the carb with radio off and prime the engine.
Take the fuel line off the carb and if you blow thru the line that goes to the pipe and fuel squirts out of the line that goes to the carb then the issue is in the carb.
Sorry, but I hate seeing noobs telling noobs how to fix stuff.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Ttowntoolman

[quote]ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

OMFG dudes, if it fires right up when you put fuel in the carb neck and won't run otherwise it because fuel isn't getting thru the carb.
[quote]
Read the whole post, when he states that the wheels spin when he puts it on the starter box, it indicates a stuck clutch. He already stated that he got it running and it's getting fuel but still wont start after it died. Clutch spring bad, or clutch bearing bad, or clutch assembly binding........

To the OP, when you spin the rear wheels by hand does the motor try and turn? =clutch problem.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Scinet7

He needs to turn the spur gear to be sure, a loose slipper clutch could mask the issue when turning the wheels.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
RS4PLAY

Exactly SCINET7. This guys a dik. Just because someones new here dont mean they dont know what they are talking about. If you wouldve read the whole thing you would see that I told him to clean the F"ing carb and that wasnt the only issue he had. Just cuz you post alot dont mean you know more than someone else

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

Your fuel tank/carb is either clogged from crud, or there's a needle blocking the flow.
Maybe the stone in the tank is clogged?
Backflush the tank, make sure you can open the carb with radio off and prime the engine.
Take the fuel line off the carb and if you blow thru the line that goes to the pipe and fuel squirts out of the line that goes to the carb then the issue is in the carb.
Sorry, but I hate seeing noobs telling noobs how to fix stuff.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 AM
mahensinger

Thanks guys. Il try this when I get the chance. I'll keep you updated!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
JoesGT2

also check that you dont have a exhaust leak. if you do it wont pressurize the gas tank.