Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Losi Speed NT vs Traxxas Jato 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Rac3rX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Speed NT vs Traxxas Jato 3.3

Im posting up a bunch of stuff thats just my opinion. There are some facts on the matter but mostly my opinion. It seems hard to find people who have extensively run a Jato & a Speed NT. Id really like to hear from those who have to get their opinions on the matter, but welcome all on topic, non brand bashing opinions.

Ive been looking for any post online to see what speeds people have got the Speed NT up to and there is nothing in Google or on youTube at all. I see a few threads trying to compare it to a Jato, but the content of those threads is pathetic, just seems like nobody has a clue. You would think a Jato & Speed have crossed eachothers paths and we could see it on the Tube, but nope, I havent found anything yet.

All Ive been able to do is go over the designs and specs etc. The Speed is an obvious attempt by Losi to grab at the market Traxxas had cornered with the Jato. Not that the market is or was huge, but the Jata at one time was the only 2spd ST Street Truck until the Speed.

I have 2 Losi RCs & the Jato is my only Traxxas. I look over the designs and the Speed IMHO does not have the out the box versatility of a Jato 3.3. The TRX options make it even more versatile and again the Losi is lacking. I have wreaked my Jato over and over and over aside from screwing up an EZstart glow plug wire (that I simply fixed) and breaking a stock clutch shoe spring (that I also fixed and Im still using it) Ive not broken anything I had to replace. 2 Gallons and all Ive spent on it is for glow plugs and fuel. Only RTR out of my 6 RTRs I can say that about. Even the stock TX is adjustable and actually works. That Losi TX I have for my M8 and its the worst TX Ive ever used, one I recomend never driving an RC with. If you get a Losi RTR with it replace before you ever drive your RC.

Nobody wants to talk about the Losi Speed top speed. You can see Jatos on the Tube hitting all kinds of speeds, Ive gotten my Box Stock Jato 3.3 up to 63mph on GPS. The closest thing Ive read online to an opinion on a Jato vs Speed NT side by side, is they should probably be the same in an all out speed race, but introduce corners and the speed will eat the Jato.... I kinda doubt that. I have a few Losi RCs (8ight-T 2.0 RR arguably one of the best racing truggies to hit the track) and a Mini 8ight. They handle great, but the Speed NT is not an 8ight, not even close. The Speed NT is getting that notch simply because its a Losi and the Jato is a Traxxas. Kinda stupid to think that way, plus remember the Speed NT is an example of Losi (the big Racer Brand) copying Traxxas (The comercial "Toy" hobby grade RC Brand) so right off the bat Traxxas gets a point for originality. Traxxas has also gone through a few generations of Jato arriving at the current Jato 3.3, Losi no doubt had a Jato in shop to attempt to out design, but just in the basics they seem to of fell short. There is no mid chassis bat location, no dirt guards I didnt see if there was even sway bars. Not that any of those things are critical of anything at all other than they speak to the versatility of the Jato.

I actually have seen quite a few Jatos tweaked for off roading and doing well, but the few opinions on the matter for Speed NTs off road all basically say dont bring it off road.

As for On-Road I have a 1/10 TC & the Jato is not far off as long as you good enough on the trigger to keep the nose down, I dont see the speed being any better and lacks a mid chassis bat location, Ive seen examples of them getting strapped behind the front shock tower and this just screwed the ballance messing up the handling for anything other then straight line. Jato will certainly not get eaten by a Speed NT cornering. It will come down to tires and driver IMHO.

Hands down these are some Bad Ass Speed Machines out the Box. And crazy when modified. Ive seen 93mph BB Jato Speed machines, not too many Nitro RC Trucks can go as fast....

What do you think?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:21 PM
nastyboys727

Default RE: Losi Speed NT vs Traxxas Jato 3.3

im just waiting on the day i run into a speed nt i wanna see wut thay made off

Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Rac3rX

Losi even knows the Speed aint as fast as a Jato. They give it 60mph and rate the engine for 34,000rpm... I know these are box numbers but Ive already surpassed Losi's expectations of their own RC hitting 63mph at 37,250rpm with my Box Stock Jato. Im confident without the GPS and with the body on 65mph is inside the stock Jato capabilities. Nothing on the tube shows any Speed NT going even close to 60mph, and from what I see it handles no better then a Jato. Score one for Traxxas in my book.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Ttowntoolman

They are both for going fast in a strait line.................a small nitch in the market. You cant find anything because no one cares. I am not in anyway trying to start argument man.......no one cares. If I had to pick one..........I would let you take my pick for me.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Rac3rX

Small nich yeah, but one none the less. No worries if you dont care, if its not for you its not for you. I have RCs for all my needs, this happens to be my straight line speedster. I find plenty on the Jato, not much on the Speed NT. I guess since it went after the Jato and fell short, nobody cares about the one that tried but couldnt. The Speed NT came and went, all the while the Jato remains relevant.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually traxxas copied Duratrax, duratrax came out with the first RTR 2speed nitro stadium truck.

and I would have even the crappiest losi over the best traxxas.

also the jato is still around because of "mommy, I wanna go fast! der derpaderpie dooldlie dee mommy!" the whole speed thing is over rated, I had a 1/18 that could hit 80mph and a 1/10 pan that could do the same, big deal, but young bucks want to go fast because its "cool" and most new people are convinced traxxas is the best thing since breathing oxygen.

What is important is marketing, you can sell a outdated hunk of crap longer than a high performance machine if you market it right.

ahh, the power of suggestion.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Rac3rX

You cry quite a bit dont you.... Look if your not into the platrofm go fly a kite. If you would have the best Losi over the worst Traxxas, Im covered with my 8ight-T 2.0 Race Roller

Its takes a real chump as punk to while like a ***** cause others are having fun. I dont care about your 80mph mini, Im talking about other stuff Im having fun with, if you dont like it or hate on Traxxas cause your above their products, good for you, Dumbass these are ALL toys. If you cant play nice, play with yourself or are your palms already too harry? lol chump.

Anybody who really doesnt care about what others do, dont make stupid comments like this guy in threads that they dont carec about, simply saying that stuff shows off low self esteem.

Seriously, your upset Im chating about RCs you dont care about, how stupid are you? Ohh an look at this section moron, 5 out of the first 10 threads have to do with Jatos, first tops 3, all Jato, lol, looks like your a little pissed about that arent you, lolololololol.......
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Rac3rX

You cry quite a bit dont you.... Look if your not into the platrofm go fly a kite. If you would have the best Losi over the worst Traxxas, Im covered with my 8ight-T 2.0 Race Roller

Its takes a real chump as punk to while like a ***** cause others are having fun. I dont care about your 80mph mini, Im talking about other stuff Im having fun with, if you dont like it or hate on Traxxas cause your above their products, good for you, Dumbass these are ALL toys. If you cant play nice, play with yourself or are your palms already too harry? lol chump.

Anybody who really doesnt care about what others do, dont make stupid comments like this guy in threads that they dont carec about, simply saying that stuff shows off low self esteem.

Seriously, your upset Im chating about RCs you dont care about, how stupid are you? Ohh an look at this section moron, 5 out of the first 10 threads have to do with Jatos, first tops 3, all Jato, lol, looks like your a little pissed about that arent you, lolololololol.......
wow, your really ignorant, to the point that I feel bad for you...

all I'm saying, is losi's worst model has better overall performance than traxxas's best, and I'm not even a fan of losi, I feel my OFNA hyper 9GL is better in every way. but you asked which would I choose, and I answered.

ST racing is dead, that is why really all that exists is the jato and rustler, because they still are marketing them, bashers usually don't race and vice versa.

big man with only 24 posts eh?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Rac3rX

Your wearing your Asshat on tight.

Im saying, the Jato is better then a Losi, you cant handle the truth. I dont give a snot about ST being dead, its only dead to those unable to enjoy the platform, but ST truck still get sold. Dead to you means as much to me as the life of the ant I stepped on while walking my dog.

Your basically jumping in to the thread with the points that nobody cares about, ST is dead and the worst Losi is better then the best Traxxas, Dumbass the Speed NT is a Losi the Jato Traxxas Pimp Slapped out of the game. Must of already happened to yo cause now you run your mouth like a sissey. I said in the OP no Brand Bashing Dum Dum, reading trouble? Is that so hard for you? The worst Losi is better then the best Traxxas is just that and is a sign of how weak your "point" is. Thinking that way is also a sign of a narrow mind, so its probably not worth my time to even bat an eyebrow at you. Think what you want, make a thread about it, but stop trolling my thread with your lame brained comments...

Is people enjoyment of our Traxxas Jatos upseting you? Personal Problem, bring it up on the couch at your next session Head Case...... All your points have been heard, now blow them out your ass, you proved clearly your opinion in this thread has the value of a giz stain. It takes a real loser to walk up on people enjoying their property to tell them their property is a **** brand and platform is dead. Who give a crap as long as Buddy is having a good time. If you were enjoying your stuff as much you wouldnt be in my thread trolling your negative opinion as if anybody cares, when YOU obviously care that we hear it.... Heard it and Flushed it with the rest of the crap it belongs with.

Yeah, low count here, high other forums, but nothing as high as you here in any forum. Sorry Dude, I actually have a life that goes beyond playing with toys and trolling forums, wish you could say the same dont you. Now off to school little boy. lol 6k post count means you NEED to get a life, youve been playing with toys far too long youve grown bitter you never amounted to anything other than the guy trolling the toy forums with a worthless opinion on everything. You have a Big Post Count, little itty bitty ****** aint that right, lol....
Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Ttowntoolman

Has the value of a jiz stain......... That is funny shizz right there, dont care where your from!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 AM
The_Shark

so wait, I have a opinion and share it when asked and told I'm wrong? did you start a thread so you can write books that demonstrate the magnitude of your ignorance? the things your spouting out are a reflection of what you don't like in yourself.

by the way, I'm not a troll and I do enjoy other things in life like my other toy. do you have one? didn't think so nahnahna bo bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97220.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1790891  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Rac3rX

Was it unclear in the OP where I said no brand bashing? Too hard for you to do? Not smart enough to understand thats all youve done? What actual points relevant to the topic have you brought up? Not a single one. If you have a point other then your sissy cries "losi better then Traxxas" baby bull ****, go ahead and post them. Ohh wait, you want to show off your Corvette, is it going to be a whos house is bigger, or who lives on the nicer block next? Thats usually how you mini ***** guys go, lololololol Your post have been utterly useless and just instigative Trolling, you are too Cool Bro . Enjoy your toys and stop pissing around with your Millimeter Peter complex...

Whats that rattle bucket run in the 1/4 mile?I bet thats your Dads, he know your Fronting? JK I believe you, lol. I will line up my MKII VR6 up next to you any day of the week. I can take a break from spanking STIs, lol. Dont ev en care if you spank my personal best 12.9 et at 104mph with a 2.2 0-60f. Been a while though since I been to Napi.

I enjoy my toys if you like them or not... Seriously though, you have a little dinky dont you. I have 2 buddies with old school Stingrays and they dring alot, rattle alot, and might of been fast in the 70's. But seriously showing off your Corvette that by far out values my Veedub doesnt phaze me, its irrelevant, you laugh at my low post count to your high count as if a high count makes you special, or less of an idiot for posting your BS in this thread. However your high count still shows you have MUCH TO MUCH time on your hands staring at a monitor not enjoying your toys, full scale or RC. Wait, what exactly is your point with that and whats the relevance again?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:22 AM
llkoolskillet

To each there own, everyone has there own opinions

Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Rac3rX

Right on. To each their own. Ive been enjoying my Traxxas Truck quite a bit & its been the least frustrating most enjoyable RC in my fleet.

If anybody has a problem with that, its a personal problem. If "Losi is a better brand then Traxxas take it up in a thread on that subject, this thread is not about Losi as a brand, but the Speed NT as a RC compared to a Jato as an RC, I love my Losi RCs, but I also love my Jato.

If anybody has some points on the subject that they feel make the Speed NT a better choice, I welcome oposing oppinions, just no stupidity bashing brands with nothing more then some "nananana boo boo" baby BS, or Ill reach through the monitor and slap a fool.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 AM
SLAYERDUDE

LOLOLOLOL!!! Should'a figured you'd drive a slammed "VDUB" Rabbit.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
mikemaxx14

LOl Riced V dub vs the vette!!! Omg this thread is stupid. Beating sti's?? lol those things run like 13s Good job XD Btw the speednt would be able to RACE if desired. cant say much about the jato. Jato has the market because of traxxas support and advertising....
Old 08-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Rac3rX

Jato has a 1 spd mod to be race legal, Speed NT does not, so in fact the losi cant be raced while the Jato can Ive not seen a single Speed NT doing anything impressive. A few cool slow mo vids on the Tube, but thats about it...

Buddy 890kilos and VR6 engine swap chipped and with all the goodies. I ran 12.9 on Sport tires, not even drag radials or slicks. 2.2 0-60f is slow, but et and trap speed are sick (shallow staging) with D radial probably a 1.8 0-60f or even faster with slicks.... It wouldnt be a fair race, lol, but if yah dont know, yah dont know
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
The_Shark

nope 100% my car with MY money working on $10/hr. I know how to work on cars so all the labor was free, everything but bodywork I have done with my own two hands.

it's no racecar but it would smoke that euro trash death trap. its bored out, with flat top pistons, 1.6R roller rockers, summit racing heads, dual magnaflow exhaust, high lift mild duration cam and a MSD coil.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM
llkoolskillet

No one knows what ol dude has under the hood of that vette....

Its probably got a 350 with 200hp.... old gf dad had an 80 vette show car, but it only had the stock 350 with 190hp Looked nice but slow as crap.

An rc car would beat both the vette and vdub pictured in the quarter mile LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

No one knows what ol dude has under the hood of that vette....

Its probably got a 350 with 200hp.... old gf dad had an 80 vette show car, but it only had the stock 350 with 190hp Looked nice but slow as crap.

An rc car would beat both the vette and vdub pictured in the quarter mile LOL
no, try about 375 or possibly more, its not a drag car but it will pin you in your seat at just about any speed.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Rac3rX

Yeah lol it is a Death Trap, and your Mods does change things a bit. As LL mentioned most of those 70's Rattle Buckets wouldnt stand a chance with less power and double the weight. Ohh, I do my own work too & the ONLY thing I outsourced was splicing the wiring harness for the 98 VR6 with the 91 harness.

Do the math, Im only running about 240hp but with 890kilos, gives me a 1:8.2 power to weight ratio vs about what 1600 kilos and 375hp? Thats about a 1:9.6 power to weight ratio... You would need 440hp to get Pinned in your seat like my lil VeeDub pinns me in my Recaros........
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 AM
llkoolskillet

So how about the Jato vs Speed NT, Who would win?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Rac3rX

Thats the question, and topic. I have yet to see the 2 line up, and have yet to see a Speed NT doing over 60mph
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Ttowntoolman

So you have got your Jato up to 63mph......what about the claimed 65mph on the side of the box it came in? I would think that you would at least get it up to it's full advertized potential before modding anything so you know you have reached it's limit in stock form.

As I remember the big thing about the Losi speed NT was the fact that you could start it from a button on the remote in your hand and not so much the speed. Thats all I can remember about it.

I think the VW most likely would smoke the Vette, even with the mods. Those Vettes were poor in every aspect of poor. Sorry, just an opinion guys. I only drive american cars so there is not any bias toward my decision.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

so wait, I have a opinion and share it when asked and told I'm wrong? did you start a thread so you can write books that demonstrate the magnitude of your ignorance? the things your spouting out are a reflection of what you don't like in yourself.

by the way, I'm not a troll and I do enjoy other things in life like my other toy. do you have one? didn't think so nahnahna bo bo
Nice ride Shark Man!! Here's mine.
As for the Losi/Traxxas B.S., It's a matter of preference. There are no statistics that prove what brand of R/C is better then another. Never has, Never will.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78782.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1791290  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.