Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato stalls.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Jato1229

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato stalls.

So I replaced the motor in my 3.3 jato, broke it in but now it won't stay running unless I stay on the gas. Always have to give it some throttle or it stalls. What do u think. FYI... Motor is another traxxas 3.3 and it's a new glow plug.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Jato stalls.

ORIGINAL: Jato1229

So I replaced the motor in my 3.3 jato, broke it in but now it won't stay running unless I stay on the gas. Always have to give it some throttle or it stalls. What do u think. FYI... Motor is another traxxas 3.3 and it's a new glow plug.
Your carburetor is too rich on the low end, most likely. As the engine breaks in, it is less tolerant of an over-rich carburetor setting. If you used Traxxas' factory carb settings to break in, you probably need to lean the idle needle a 1/4 turn or more. Lean the needle down until it will idle and use the pinch test to get it in the ball park.. After you get it to idle, set the high speed needle for peak power then adjust the idle mixture needle for instant throttle response from idle to WOT. A slow rev with lots of smoke means its too rich, if it cuts out like you turned the ignition off, its too lean.

I lean my idle down until it cuts out on transition to WOT, then richen 1/16-1/8th turn until it stops cutting out and throttles up nicely.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your clutch.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Jato1229

Kinda new at this. Check the clutch for what? Stalls as soon as I let off the gas.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Rac3rX

Tune is off, but hard to say rich or lean video will help, but try resetting the needles, then make 2 1/8 clockwise adjustments to the high speed needle, see if that helps. Also insure your servo links work corect ie when you apply the brakes it doesnt close the carb more then when your fingers off the trigger. When you reset your needles reset the carb gap at the same time. Post up how that goes.