Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

crash repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
brendiesle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash repair

hello all,just hit a curb with my Jato 3.3,cracked front top bulkhead and chasis top plate. my mechanical skill are poor to fair @ best,should i leave this job to the friendly nieghborhood LHS?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
jundy314

Default RE: crash repair

no its very easy to fix im sure u can do it less then a hr, thoes parts are very common to brake so get used to it,
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 PM
jatoracing33

the only think that might be hard for you is the top plate, but as long as you have the exploded views booklet that came with the manuel you should be fine
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
angus67

piece of cake, bud!! do the front first, then do the plate. take your time. it looks like a lot to do ,but, just take your time, and try to keep track of where the fasteners go. oh, and check if your chassis is bent, if it is, just bend it back.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
firetin

Mabey you should look into something like the hpi firestorm or some other hpi model. I hit a tree at full speed with mine and crashed off jumps many times and nothing broke.[>:][>:]
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
motorhead91

the jat carries a lot more speed than a firestorm, thats why they seem to break more than firestorms...i think they are just as durable if not more......but anyways, its easy to fix, it doesnt take much skill
Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
phast46

yeah, maybe thats because your firestorm didnt go 65 into concrete! Jatos break because of the speed i think, so really
to me there is no comparison..
Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 PM
brendiesle

thanks for all the input guys,i'm goin to attempt the repair myself.i'll keep you guys posted.thanks for the confidence and support
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM
partytimedj

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post under, if not Im sorry... I have a Traxxas Jato 3.3 and crashed it pretty bad today.. I bent the aluminium frame, broke the top chasis, broke the front bulkhead and a RF steering adjuster... Is there any advice anyone can give on finding step by step repairs for the bottom plate or top chasis? I just dont wanna screw this thing up. Anyone around Greenville, SC that can help repair it for me? Please advise.....

Hide Signatures