Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: ae 15 stuck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ae 15 stuck

hi ae 15 rc10gt been sittin 5 years i got the motor unstuck now rope well rope doesnt want to catch the motor any help? thanks?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ae 15 stuck

ORIGINAL: sjhm9102

hi ae 15 rc10gt been sittin 5 years i got the motor unstuck now rope well rope doesnt want to catch the motor any help? thanks?
    Pull the one-way clutch out of the pullstarter and clean it with either fresh fuel or denatured alcohol. Run a soft towel soaked with alcohol through the middle of the bearing and rotate the bearing either direction a few times to get the oil sludge loosened up. One-way clutches tend to slip if the needle bearings can't move or if they're too wet with oil. When cleaned out, install dry without any oil and it should work well. While the One-way clutch (bearing) is out of the car, look the outside over to check for cracks. If its cracked, replace it. They will slip if the outer housing is cracked.

Also, clean the starter shaft off really well with fuel or denatured alcohol and use some 400-600grit sandpaper to lightly "buff" the starter shaft going the long way. This will help the one-way clutch (bearing) to grip better.

Hope this helps you.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank you that helps a alot i aprecciate the write up on that i just got back into rc i am a novice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank you that helps a alot i aprecciate the write up on that i just got back into rc i am a novice
    Post back if that works for you and gets you going.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi i got the cover off and the rope recoil spool cameout with it how do i wind it back up set it .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks i got it wound up but i have about 2 inces of rope hangin i will wind it tighter btw i was looking at the o.s 18 crv s with 11 j rotary carb is it a big difference in hp and speed thank you in advance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks i got it wound up but i have about 2 inces of rope hangin i will wind it tighter btw i was looking at the o.s 18 crv s with 11 j rotary carb is it a big difference in hp and speed thank you in advance
    Huge difference in power, "wheelies". I put one in my T-Maxx and does it ever perform now!
    \"Keep it clean and not too lean\" Duke Fox