Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

firestorm stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 PM
motoxic2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firestorm stalling problem

ran my truck in the drive for 15 minutes till i had it tuned for the weather then i headed to the track, got to the track did a little tuning in the parking lot then through it on the track and after a minute it stalled everytime i went around a turn and braked at the same time so i tried tuning it a little then it got dark so i headed home, the track is very tight so i need to use my braks on it, i think it could be a throttle linkage adjustment or a brake adjustment as they do not stop it very quickly or it could be a combo of both. it got dark quick so i didnt have time to keep playing with it. any suggestions would be great its a hpi firestorm and its stock. its only about a year old and it runs like a champ in the yard and on the road.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 AM
futureboy1969

Default RE: firestorm stalling problem

Thats ur carb. not being open enough. So ever time u hit the brakes, it closes the carb to far and the truck shots off. Get ur throttle trim set to 0 and then then turn ur throttle screw on the carb in a 1/4 turn in . Fire up the truck then hit the breaks. If it stay run n ur good. If not turn it one hr. at a time till it stays run n. check ur low end needle after that to make sure ur not to lean, try n to combinsate for the low idle. Hope that helps.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM
motoxic2

Default RE: firestorm stalling problem

thanks man i got it all working good now i cant get it started i sent you a message asking you a question let me no if you got it thanks!