Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

First rc car, have nearly rebuilt it after 2 weeks....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

First rc car, have nearly rebuilt it after 2 weeks....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
borntofli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First rc car, have nearly rebuilt it after 2 weeks....

Bought a Jato as my first rc car.... What a blast....My poor driving skills have make me replace the front bulkhead, a arms, shock tower.... Bent my rear alum shock tower, bent it back into shape, sort of....
The local skate park was fun but very hard on the car.....lol

1st Q.... I need a roll cage, but don't want to spent 60$...... What do I want to protect the shock towers....

The screws holding the rear shock tower have stripped the tran housing... I put in larger ones to make it work, but I know 1 more crash and that's toast.....How hard to replace transmission housing???? (im sure I don't want an alum one..correct?)

I have a stripped motor mount screw on the bottom where you adjust the gear mesh... Can I tap it to the next size larger??? I loctited the screw in for now....

The car is pretty tough overall.... I launched it up a curb into a truck at about 40 mph and surprisingly only bent one front a arm.... Nice dent in the truck..... (I stay away from that area now....)

I drive mostly on gravelly pavement or the beach.... What tires would be good for both? The beach is mostly hard packed sand......

Any tips or suggestions for durability upgrades welcome......

Thanks........
Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Cowboy420

My tip is: Learn how to be a better driver. If you put a dent in my truck, I put a dent in your face.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Great people skills, Cowboy. Ran the new member off after one post. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:06 AM
nastyboys727

yea big alice he was messing with me a lil bit ago
seems to be a cyber thug
now back to the jato try rpm arms all around its a few other things but im not sure what your tryin to do
Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Cowboy420

A cyber thug? The OP admitted to having poor driving skills and having dented someones truck. I called him out on it and that makes me a thug? This is a discussion forum, not pre-school.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:50 AM
borntofli

Had to get tranny case, shock tower broke it up... No more alum parts for me........ put it all back together but tranny wont spin now.......did something wrong... ordered new tranny, will fix old one after new one comes......Have some grippier tires coming for sand..... Not a cheap sport.......
Old 11-30-2013, 08:37 AM
mjg3

the jato probably was not the best pick for starters!! you should have got some thing a little slower unless you have deep pockets! the quicker the vehicle the quicker things can go wrong! imagine if the truck you dented was someone just watching. not to disrespect you or your decision welcome to the hobby, just practice on your driving skills and it seems you have a good jump on the maintenance / repair!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:49 PM
nastyboys727

look more proof
need i say more
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 PM
flatpickhippster

Does your Jato have the brakes and linkage working......
Old 02-27-2014, 11:27 PM
ReMiXeDg

good thing the car is remote controlled because if i dented someones car i aint walking to pick up my rc im driving it off as i run away. if the owner was there i would of been like *** maybe a cell phone interacted with the controls lol