Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

What is the all time fastest RC10GT?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

What is the all time fastest RC10GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:58 PM
8mmFMJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the all time fastest RC10GT?

I'm currently knee deep in a project working on something and there is no turning back. Anyone know the fastest GT/2?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 PM
8mmFMJ

Anyone?
Old 12-06-2015, 07:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

2wd stadium trucks have really lost their place in the hobby these days - short course trucks are all the rage now and some of them come 4wd. Fast 2wd stadium trucks tend not to do as well in high speed applications - especially if you don't widen the wheel track. If you're truly after speed and want to "beat" someone.... Plan on breaking 80+ miles an hour. I've heard of Jatos doing 80+ and 4wd short course trucks running faster than 90mph. But really, having a drag truck is pretty pointless these days. At least IMO anyway. I have a Jato 3.3 that I geared down (slower) so it would at least attempt to off-road a little. Much happier that way.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
8mmFMJ

Ive broken 80 mph. Closing in on 100, just waiting on custom gears to arrive.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=39200
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D2161F06-1E1A-42E6-AC65-222F22F34928_zps9sgp7ufs.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	2141155  
Old 01-14-2016, 08:24 PM
8mmFMJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoZ54bNwOhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0cqJb1Xurg
Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
2wd stadium trucks have really lost their place in the hobby these days - short course trucks are all the rage now and some of them come 4wd. Fast 2wd stadium trucks tend not to do as well in high speed applications - especially if you don't widen the wheel track. If you're truly after speed and want to "beat" someone.... Plan on breaking 80+ miles an hour. I've heard of Jatos doing 80+ and 4wd short course trucks running faster than 90mph. But really, having a drag truck is pretty pointless these days. At least IMO anyway. I have a Jato 3.3 that I geared down (slower) so it would at least attempt to off-road a little. Much happier that way.
agreed. My sons Jato was clocked at 72. Its quick and its all stock. Mine because of all the crap I added to it only tops out around 54. I am fine with that because at 54 its like an aluminum missile coming down the road and the brakes lock up and the tires just slide as it continues forward uncontrollable. lol It was better when I had on the Jaco foams, it would grip a little more, the new 17mm 1/8 buggy tires just fly over the asphalt locked up. Its quite scary lol I am not the best driver too. When I first got my Jato I was running it Full throttle and went right into the mailbox post. Bent up the stupidly purchased HR aluminum bumper that time, nothing more so it did its job. The second time I ran it into a fence post at full speed and it broke everything from the engine forward. That was about a $150 repair. I have done some damage to it but the engine was tough. I finally destroyed it by running too lean and snapped the con rod. What a mess. Live and learn. Honestly I am glad I learned my mistakes on the 3.3 than a more expensive 21 or 28 like I have now.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:41 PM
8mmFMJ

awesome replys thanks guys