Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Mach 2 .28 nitro fit on a hpi mt2 nitro.

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Mach 2 .28 nitro fit on a hpi mt2 nitro.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:52 PM
RedEyeBandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mach 2 .28 nitro fit on a hpi mt2 nitro.

I'm picking up a new mt2 sometime next week. I was wondering if the mach 2 .28 will fit. If so can I use the stock engine mount?
Old 06-23-2016, 05:32 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I believe the stock engine in the MT2 is an .18 (3.0cc) smallblock if I'm not mistaken. That engine uses a smaller engine mount using a smaller footprint than the big block .28 (4.6cc). Modifications will need to be made to make it fit, but in reality, a higher power smallblock will probably do a better job in a smaller scale truck like the MT2. Just my opinion though.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:34 AM
RedEyeBandit

Ok a couple of people had told me mach 2 would be over kill on the mt2 as well. I've been trying to get some good info and advice on what engine upgrade I should go with. Do you have any recommendations?

I've been getting alot of good feedback the os .18tz. I use to own the 1st generation mt so I have a some experience with nitro but I really don't know much about engine specs and what company makes the best upgrades.

I was looking into the revo 3.3 but I happened to come across a new mt2 for less than 200 so I figured with the money I would of spent on just a stock revo I can build the mt2 into a monster.

I would really appreciate some suggestions for upgrades and some pros and cons when it comes to upgrades. I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to nitro rc.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Honestly, for the money, I'd go with a Novarossi. They're stupid cheap for superb quality and Novarossi continues to set records in racing. Novarossidirect.com is the place to go. I got a Legend 28-8 for $170 for my LST2 - the Legend 28 is basically an updated 528XR that used to sell for $400 or thereabouts. Picco makes fantastic engines too, but are more expensive.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:05 AM
RedEyeBandit

Ok thanks I'll check them out. Will any small block fit in the mt2?