Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

trophy truggy 4.6 break in

Old 12-26-2016, 02:58 AM
pro8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trophy truggy 4.6 break in

Hi im fairly new to the nitro scene and im currently in the process of breaking in a trophy truggy 4.6. Currently on the 3rd tank after running in on idle for 2 tanks. All needles are at base settings, i seem to have a problem where the car just idles really fast making the car take off unless i turn the throttle trim on the remote right down. Could anyone explain how i make the car idle steady with the throttle trim in central pisition. Also in the manual it states the lsn doesnt need tuning but on various videos/forums they state the lsn gets tuned after the hsn ?? Any advice appreciated 😆
Old 02-07-2017, 06:06 PM
kzimmerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just use the trim on the radio to set your idle, that's kinda what it's there for. As for tuning, the manufacturers usually set the lsn at the factory, and is generally a good place to start. Once you get the engine broken in it might need tweeking for best low speed performance. The way I do it is to set the hsn, then let it idle for a couple of seconds and see what happens. If it bogs down and produces a lot of smoke, I'll tighten the lsn by an eight of a turn. If is bogs down and doesn't blow a lot of smoke, I losten the lsn. It is important to note that everytime you adjust the lsn, the hsn will have to be retuned.