RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

All my nitros got discontinued!

Reply
Old 03-12-2017, 03:13 PM
  #1
xRuddyx
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Killingworth, CT
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default All my nitros got discontinued!

I have about 10 rc cars/ trucks and maybe 4 drones I built myself. Im noticing a disturbing trend, and that is that alot of major rc companies are moving away from nitro and I think that sucks. One of my favorite nitros is my Hpi firestorm nt and also my Associated sc10gt. Both discontinued and both very popular. I still have a perfectly running tower terror .25 but- discontinued. I do have several battery powered rc's but I still love the tuning involved with nitro. I hope they dont go the way of the dinosaur, cuz theres still alot of nitro lovers out there.
xRuddyx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM
  #2
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,830
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRuddyx View Post
I have about 10 rc cars/ trucks and maybe 4 drones I built myself. Im noticing a disturbing trend, and that is that alot of major rc companies are moving away from nitro and I think that sucks. One of my favorite nitros is my Hpi firestorm nt and also my Associated sc10gt. Both discontinued and both very popular. I still have a perfectly running tower terror .25 but- discontinued. I do have several battery powered rc's but I still love the tuning involved with nitro. I hope they dont go the way of the dinosaur, cuz theres still alot of nitro lovers out there.

Nitro is alive and well. One bonus to electric being as popular as it is, is that GOOD nitro engines are much more affordable. You can get a Novarossi (still precision made in Italy) cheaper than a Chinese or Taiwanese knockoff. I have 4 nitro trucks and several spare engines.. I'm good to run for many years into the future.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM
  #3
xRuddyx
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Killingworth, CT
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Yeah I guess you have a point there I just dont like it when parts get hard to find. Seems Redcat has noticed the void and makes alot of nitro models.
xRuddyx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:10 PM
  #4
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,830
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRuddyx View Post
Yeah I guess you have a point there I just dont like it when parts get hard to find. Seems Redcat has noticed the void and makes alot of nitro models.

And Redcat is one of the bottom of the barrel manufacturers when it comes to quality. Traxxas is alive and well as is Associated and Losi. Old models that have been discontinued for a longer period of time will have less parts support. Traxxas and Losi have been good about keeping parts available for some of their older models.. HPI was bought out by another company because they were going downhill quickly - probably due in part to not innovating. If a company keeps producing the same old stuff, new customers will go elsewhere because everyone wants the "latest and greatest". It's a good time to buy stuff cheap though - surf eBay and Craigslist. There is stuff all over the place for the older models. It just takes some time to find it.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:54 PM
  #5
xRuddyx
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Killingworth, CT
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

You know this is all a trend of "instant gratification", i.e. Plug n play. Noone wants to learn the ins and outs of nitros anymore. Well mot noone, but certainly alot less peeps. And I get it, with all the new lipo tech, cars are just fu fast. But nothing! No nothing! Beats the sound, smell, and look of a wot nitro!! Thanks Qwk nice chat
xRuddyx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:12 AM
  #6
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,830
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRuddyx View Post
You know this is all a trend of "instant gratification", i.e. Plug n play. Noone wants to learn the ins and outs of nitros anymore. Well mot noone, but certainly alot less peeps. And I get it, with all the new lipo tech, cars are just fu fast. But nothing! No nothing! Beats the sound, smell, and look of a wot nitro!! Thanks Qwk nice chat

LiPo/brushless certainly has its advantages (or electric in general), but at least for me, nitro is what I enjoy. I have over 50 glow engines (most of them are aircraft engines) and I've run almost all of them. Someday I'd like to put a .60 4-stroke into one of my LST2 trucks just to try it. The 4-stroke will run on $6.20/gallon glow fuel as opposed to the $18-20/gal car fuel (nitromethane is freaking expensive these days!).
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:16 AM.