Ristrocat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RC10GT2 Servo not working

I have a RC10GT2 and I put new batteries in the car and plugged it in. Whenever I turn the on switch on the car, it starts to act like its turning on but never turns on all the way. It makes a noise sounding like its turning on, it kind of makes a chirping sound. Not sure if its an electrical issue or something. The remote control doesn't work either. I'm not sure if I need a new receiver or servo, but it was working fine before.

Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2226162  
Old 07-29-2017, 08:17 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try plugging the receiver battery directly into the receiver bypassing the switch harness. It's not uncommon for the switch contacts to corrode and not make good continuity. Provided the batteries are good in the car and the transmitter, bypassing the switch will tell you if the everything is working as it should. If it does, replace the switch harness.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:59 AM
Ristrocat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the response, I plugged the battery directly into the receiver and it is still chirping. Does that mean the receiver went bad or maybe the battery wires went bad?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try a different servo first. Plug it into the receiver and see if it works. If not, try a different radio. I've never had a receiver make any noise, but a bad servo may make noise. Use a process of elimination.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Ristrocat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got another servo and tried it but no go. My old radio that I had broke and im using a Futaba T2phka Digital proportional radio control systems MJ. It turns on and I took the channel out of the old one and put it into this one. Nothin happens at all when I turn the car on. It makes a chirp noise like its turning on, than the radio doesn't work at all. Do I need to get a new radio? And does the radio need to have a specific receiver? I know there is a steering servo and throttle servo, but both twitch when I put them into the receiver and put the battery in. I just cant get the Futaba radio to do anything. Any suggestions please?
Old 08-06-2017, 06:46 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can only hangs crystals if both radios use the same band - example AM to AM, FM to FM.

Maybe post a picture of the two radios you're trying to use?. I'm not familiar with Futaba.

Search this Thread