Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

HPI MT2 Engineering Masters Degree, Help Needed....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI MT2 Engineering Masters Degree, Help Needed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:57 AM
VanDutchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT2 Engineering Masters Degree, Help Needed....

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering away previously on a Nitro HPI MT2, I've enjoyed setting it up and backyard bashing it around.

Now I've started my first and Final year at university to bump my Engineering Foundation Degree up to a full Masters Degree, part of the degree has to include a engineering project that takes up 40% of the total mark.

As such, I was looking at taking a 3D scan of my model's body shell and RC car, conducting computer fluid dynamics assessments and wind tunnel assessments on the model as is, and then re-engineering a 3D Cad body shell design and 3D print, and then re-analyse the printed shell against the wind tunnel and CFD.

What I'll be assessing is the cooling to the engine, the aerodynamics of the body shell itself and the dirt ingress into the RC Car. Looking to maximise cooling efficiency and reduce dirt ingress, whilst increasing aerodynamics of the car and bodyshell together.

Now the reason for this huge long winded post, is to see what suggestions and ideas, the masters (IE yourselves) would have to better the body / RC car.

I'm currently looking to use this body for the project, have you got any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Quinten.