Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Transmission...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 06:20 PM
ReMiXeDg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato Transmission...

should i replace jato transmission with the alloy housing?

i just broke the brace there where the transmission box connects to the rear shock towers and now i have no rear shock towers..

just replaced the whole tranny just about a few days ago now i have to replace the whole housing..

and i have alloy shock tower this is prob what caused it to brake after the roll over

what other hop ups should i be looking at i have rpm bumper rpm front arms lower spur gear ....
Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

My Jato (2.5 model originally) is all stock except for RPM arms F/R, Front bumper (wide), Traxxas CVDs, and a couple oddball aluminum shock housings. Bulkheads and shock towers are factory originals and I've yet to break them. My transmission brace (that goes over the top of the clutchbell) broke and I just CA glued it back together. Still haven't broken it again.

If you're breaking lots of parts and you're using some alloy stuff like shock towers, get rid of the alloy crap and stick with plastic. If you're still breaking bulkheads and/or shock towers, you need to learn how to drive.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:01 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

After many many years of use, Ive broken my 2nd 2spd hub. The other nylon gears got a little chewed up from the broken 2spd hub parts from floating around within the transmission, so I’m replacing all plastics within the transmission. The biggest concern is the 2spd hub where the pins are installed. That’s where it breaks first usually. Pic attached. I’m building my Jato with a highly modified engine and exhaust system and rebuilding the transmission. Hoping to see 80mph or better. I’m not ready to drop $100 on hardened steel trans gears , so I’ll see how long it lasts from the rebuild.