Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Hpi Nitro rsmt -good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Warbird Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Nitro rsmt -good or bad

Sorry if this has been talked about before but I am getting back into the hobby and am a little short on info. I found this kit in a hobby shop with motor for $240,also has full ball bearings. Any info on this kit would be greatly appreciated. How durable is it? Parts readily available? I wont do a whole lot of racing but you never know I may want to mod it in the future. Thanks ahead of time for all your help.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:43 PM
ericheller

Default RE: Hpi Nitro rsmt -good or bad

are we suposed to know exactly what car you are talking about when you say $240? be a little more specific, throw in some names maybe.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:46 PM
ericheller

oh i see. man i was confused. i have heard that hpi sucks and there engines are slow. but ive never owned one and never plan to.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ericheller

oh i see. man i was confused. i have heard that hpi sucks and there engines are slow. but ive never owned one and never plan to.
lol dude u couldnt be more correct, my rc10gt raced one at the hobby shop outside in the parking lot...i never knew my car was THAT good...hehehe god im iching to drive it again....stupid snow...[:'(]
Old 01-18-2004, 11:35 AM
bruzer

I have a Nitro MT and it is awsome! You other guys just may not have been racing a properly tuned engine because mine keeps up with my friends supernitro (untill he hits the top end anyway then he takes off!!) It also gives the T-MAXX a run for its money (until it hits 2nd gear hehe). I Love my little truck and would love to find some other ppl with other trucks to race.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:56 AM
ericheller

dude my nt would kill your hpi. the hpi i saw was not mistuned. it was owned by one of my friends that works at my lsh. he has many years expirence racing nitro and it was tuned the best it could be. i think he sold it not long after he bought it. i dont like the way the hpi's look, they look very poorly designed and i hear they break very easily.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:54 PM
ICrashThings

my rc10gt out of the box could whoop a hpi...if i was a good driver and all...[>:]