Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official NITRO RUSTLER thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:32 AM
t-maxxman1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official NITRO RUSTLER thread!!

Yeah, I'm kinda thinkin that too. A friend of mine got one, What a truck. out cornered my race maxx big time. I had the power to stay with him, except for the corners.[>:]
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
zeddfirstwizard

Sorry buddy ,, you aske dwhat kind of plug, but didnt state what motor you had ? Nor where you live or the climate around your house... several things matter here.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 PM
ruajon

looking for a new motor for my rustler any ideas just want it to run it can be the stock one if u have one lmk i can pay paypal im not sure how to use MY MARKET yet since im new here but i can learn if u wanna deal that way
Old 05-18-2008, 05:23 AM
rclynx

Get a new 2.5R from Traxxas direct exchange....................its a great motor for the Rusty.............I've put 4 in this year so far and everyone is happy
Old 05-18-2008, 08:09 AM
[email protected]

OR get a 3.3
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM
t-maxxman1

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

OR get a 3.3
Yeah, what he said.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
TripleR400

you know how the rear wheels point in? well, can you adjust the castor (tow) so that the rear wheels point straight?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
robbio4422

where can i find some pre-glued front wheels/tires for my rusty... not looking for the stock tires... or just the wheels

im running Anacondas right now on the rear (for street) but i have a set of talons (for bashing) that im wanting to put on... i just need to find some wheels for the front

i would really like to put the talons on the front also, i just need to find some wheels and my LHS cant seem to keep them in stock
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
t-maxxman1

robbio4422; Your LHS may not keep them in stock, but they should be able to order you rims and/or tires for you. You could also check ebay or the ads here on RCU.

TripleR400; Your truck needs that little bit of toe in. You may be able to get different lower control arm blocks to change the toe in, but I'm not sure. Maybe Zedd will check in soon and have some info for you.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 PM
zeddfirstwizard

Yep here I am,, If you change that toe in then you will have problems! Big ones.. Mainly that allows your truck to get massive grip. One tire in A way pushes against the other and causes the truck to "dig" better. I didnt like it either and changed mine, then I noticed how my track times went way up and the truck seemed to be all over the place! If you must do it, it is cheap. Simply drill out the four holes on the bottom of the plate. Where the arms attach to. Just make them oval so you can adjust them A little. Then get some real hardware and throw away your old crap. Nut and bolt with at LEAST #8 bolts. Lock nut will help, and use loc tite,, red or better! If not you will have trouble from vibration. After you drill out the holes to A oval, tighten decently on end of the arm, then pry A driver between the arm and plate to straighten the arm. once done tighten the other bolt nut. Make sure by useing A micro meter (or your eyes if you dont care to much) that your wheels are straight. If not then when you take off and get up to high speed then you will pull to one side. In attempting to correct said pull, you will flip, roll, and mutalate your ride! So take your time and make positive everything is straight! Also your lhs will have the bolts, high quality here, not some wal-mart deal! At least steel, better if its hardened. Whole thing may coast you $5 to do if you dont have the bolts, and will take maybe 30-45 minutes to do if you are half way decent at working your your rig. Hope this helps, nice to hear from all of you guys hope all is going well! I want back in so bad I can taste it! But this time I'm not going with the 3.3 just to much power for the kind of stuff I do. I think the 2.5 will do fine. Oh yeah, if you look back buddy I had talons on the front of my truck, you can see the pics I had them up here! But word of the wise, it aint all it's cracked up to be. They dont like to turn and you will need A aluminum control tower or it will break, trust me. And you will need A servo of at least, at least 90 oz of torque otherwise you will have trouble going from the get go. But I have to admit, my truck ran 65 before I would let off the gas with those tires on and I never once had seen them balloon up!!!!!! Now that has to say something! But the stock rims are weak! They do break often so mount the tires on A better set! Well CE all of you guys later! Anyone wanna sell? LOL
Old 05-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Lac0nic

Hey I just bought a new rustler

I have also spent 8 fully charged 7.2 EZ-start batteries trying to get the damn thing to start for the first time... any advice? Yes i put fuel in it, the glow plug works, and the needles are Factory set...
Old 05-23-2008, 05:38 PM
t-maxxman1

I knew you would check in soon Zedd. Thanks. I too will be wanting another Rusty real soon. I'm just too broke right now. I got my approval from L&I to start school, so I should be able to get in on the Fall quarter. After my two years of school, I will be able to make good money, and then i will be building up my collection of RC's again. I have the two electric on-road cars, but I sure do miss my nitro off-road stuff.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:40 PM
t-maxxman1

ORIGINAL: Lac0nic

Hey I just bought a new rustler

I have also spent 8 fully charged 7.2 EZ-start batteries trying to get the damn thing to start for the first time... any advice? Yes i put fuel in it, the glow plug works, and the needles are Factory set...
Did ya prime the carb?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Lac0nic

By covering the exaust for a few seconds, yeah. I flooded a couple times actually, but i just took the glow plug off and cleared the engine...

I bought a used REVO about a year ago, so i have gotten my feet wet with Nitro RC cars, the damn thing was just in pretty bad shape (i was toally had on Ebay ) so i sold it to my roomate for cheap just to get rid of the bad luck charm and I got a nice brand new Rusty... now if only it would start heh
Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM
t-maxxman1

Being new, you may want to richen your fuel a tad. If you have fuel in the crank case and a working glow plug it should start. Oh yeah, let me know if your roommate wants to sell the revo cheap.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:03 AM
zeddfirstwizard

Yeah t-maxx, I always sweat this tread, just sometimes I dont have anything to add. But for your problem with the new rusty.. Change the glow plug! I know that it might light up or even burn bright, but I have encountered A few that would not allow my car to start. Next you said that you have burnt through that many batts tring to get the thing started... I really hope you used some kind of lube to "prime" the piston, otherwise you may have ruint that engine. But heres the good side,, If by doing everything you can think of, you still cant get it to start. Then buy A new engine altogether. Remove yours and put it in the box, make sure to clean it up and remove all traces of fuel! If the engine has never been started most lhs will return them. I know mine will. I know this is shottty as hell, but simply put I dont have the money to waste on engines that dont start... I dont think anyone does. And I dont have the time to wait for two-three weeks for A replacement to get to me. Like I said try the other first then do this as A last resort. Beware By all means Make sure by calling your lhs that if you buy A engine and it will not start that they will give your money back. Otherwise you have just bought Another engine. You know if your really smart,, you could just pay them to break it in for you I know they will get it running, if posible. Just for thoughts, they may do it fre if you bought it there... Never know.!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:53 AM
t-maxxman1

Hey Zedd, how ya doin? I started bidding on Rustys on ebay. Tryin' to get one cheap that may need a little work. I will have one for the Summer. I'm also watching a few on RCU and ebay. Wish I had more money, I'd buy a new one. Hopefully our suggestions help Lac0nic with his new one. The thing I liked about having T-maxx', The Rusty and 4-Tec, was they all used the same engines, and I had several extras on the bench. The thieves evedently knew that too, cause they took all the engines and engine parts too. All it did was slow me down a little though. I am still sticking with the hobby. Gotta go now. Talk to ya later.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:43 AM
grandtheft

t-maxxman1, i live in Tacoma. Hopefully once you get your Rustler we can run together.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi. I guess i'm sorta new on this forum, spend most of my time on the Traxxas one. I've been in the hobby for a couple years now, completely addicted to it. I look forward to interacting with you guys and sharing ideas. Here are a few pics of my 3.3 Rusty. I submitted a bunch of photos to RCCA magazine so i'm just waiting on the word whether or not they are going to use them in a future issue.

Marcus

Some of my upgrades-
-Carbon Fiber chassis, -CF upper chassis, -CF shock towers, -CF vantage exhaust, -CF disk brake, -CF front tie bar, -TRX 3.3 (might getting an O.S 21tm soon) custom painted body by Zielke Racing, -proball diff, -aluminum shocks, -custom made 27t clutch bell with 64t spur gear (awesome top end speed) -sway bar on front (still working on the rear) Motor saver filter, -aluminum bell cranks with bearings, -Futaba servos S3305, -steel yokes, -RPM arms and bumper, -roto start, - 2.4GHz Airtronics FHSS radio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80593.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	955743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31268.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	955744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16563.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	955745  
Old 05-24-2008, 12:52 PM
nitrosport963

nice rusty i have a nitro sport (stock) and i use to have a stock t maxx
Old 05-24-2008, 01:17 PM
nitrosport963

I'm kinda new to the hobby (I've had my nitro sport for about a year) and i don't know what i should use to clear the area around the glow plug so it doesn't get inside the engine when I'm doing after run procedures.[img][/img]
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 PM
nitrosport963

how do u attach photos?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:06 PM
rclynx

Go to the hardware store and get what they call an acid brush, get some alcohol or thinner or just about anything that will cut oil, (even simple Green or 409) BEFORE you pull the plug out and when the engine is cool poor a little in the top and brush it clean with the acid brush. If possible use compressed air to get the last bits of dust out if not turn it upside down and brush it out with your brush till your sure its clear...................good compressor and 125 lbs of air presure is the best
Old 05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
nitrosport963

cool thanks
Old 05-24-2008, 05:51 PM
t-maxxman1

Hey grandtheft, nice Rusty. I'd enjoy running with ya sometime when I get another one. We almost moved to Lakewood, but the deal fell through. We are not too far from you here either though. Just above downtown Renton. We'll be going to Oly some time after Wednsday to help Mom-in-law with a project. Maybe we could meet at TRCR or Fantasy World. Drop me an e-mail at [email protected]. Later.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:55 PM
nitrosport963

who knows how to attach photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.