Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:33 PM
stadium truck freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

o guys i had fun today i had my old t-15 engine left over from my mt2 and put it in a rc10gt and leaned the hell out of it i didnt know how much power that thing had . it propelled it over my garden fence from a jump that is only 1 foot high . but it evently broke it has no comprestion in her any more . as in my mt2 it would not stay started for more then 2 miniutes . any one know were u can get mt2 final diff gears that are in stock ?????????
Old 04-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

will do
ORIGINAL: 46u

I have talked to several people that own them and they say they break all the time. I have read the same form the end user. But you never know how people treat their vehicles. Do keep us posted and I hope what I have heard is all-wrong.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
crohbober

hey STF that pipe looks beast. must be loud as hell
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 AM
djheptic

hey guys, just checking in. hope everyones well. I just ordered a ARR Schumacher Rascal. It cost me £125. I might scrap the motor and stick in my LRP.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
rapsucks_07

woot woot i got a check for $500 from the insurance today for the accident what to do now
Old 04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
liu

Go to the bar and drink for $500 [&:]
Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Jackedman

that sound good
ORIGINAL: liu

Go to the bar and drink for $500 [&:]
Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Grantothismo

Raced this weekend at www.medinarcraceway.com this weekend.

They have a great raceway and highly recomend anyone who lives in the area to try out the track. The facilities are first class and everyone was very friendly. Once of the best run facilities that I have been to.

They put me in regular monster truck so here were the results:

1st Heat) I have just put on the TSAIS rear exaust and have to say - I hate it. I came down on the back of the vehicle and the truck cut out. I could not figure out the problem until after the heat was over - then realized that the exaust was plugged - HATE THAT. Secondly, I can't run the rear sway so the truck won't turn as crisp with the sway. I am going back to the THS as soon as I get home.

2nd Heat) Qualified second - just put down some good laps and the truck was great. Not knowing the track or the preferred tires really hurt me, but it was a great heat for me. The stupid rear exaust kept coming off - HATE THAT

3rd Heat) Already had 2nd in the bag so I tried to change a couple of things just to have the truck not perform as well. When with Taper Pins - but the track was too loamy. I had no holeshots to try - so I figured for the race I would just use my Dirt Bones.

Here is why I am getting a spectrum - between the qualifiers and the Main - I wanted to run the truck one last time to check my setup. I ran zip ties around the exaust 5 time to hold it together and felt pretty good about the race. Turn the truck on and fired it up, put it on the ground and noticed the front wheels moving - What do you do in this situation:

1) Pick your truck up immediately
2) Figure, oh well must be a glitch

Answer - 1 - Someone has your frequency. When I checked in I was the only one with 78 - but noticed later that other people were showing up to run their trucks elsewhere - that must have been the culprit - because before I could say runaway - the truck went WOT across the parking lot and hit the wheel of real truck. The front end busted into million pieces and my day was done.

That is racing. I'll have her back together and out there to try my best. Not bad qualifing second at a track I do not know against some good vehicles. Definately noticed that I am out of practice.

Had a great time though.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:30 PM
rapsucks_07

i would im underage but im legal for the stripclub thats about 18 lap dances
Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Grantothismo way to go and bashing does not hold a candle to racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen the new Spektrum DX3R that has not hit the streets yet. I have been using the DX3 for a year now with out any problems. I race the Georgia Championship Series as well as a lot of big club races and never have to worry about interference! I want to up grade not sure if I will get the DX3R or the React.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:48 PM
topcat-lll

Hey Guys

Raced the weekend at Hobbytown Columbus GA . My mt2 dominated the monster truck unlimited class!
I had to tone it down alittle (slow down) because some of the monster truck drivers where protesting that
because of my light weight and size I had an unfair advantage. I said I did not protest when some of the
same monster drivers tried to use their size and weight to run over my mt2! The mt2 will slightly hold its
own on the straitaway,but it domianates in the infield and thats where races are won. I think I am going
to put 22 1/2wt shock oil in the rear shocks, the truck still bounces to much on bumpy tracks also try the
pro-line bow-tie m3 tires,did not like the m2,s. I'm running 5,000wt diff fluid in the front and 3,000wt in the
rear diff. the spur gear change gave the truck alittle more punch coming out of the corners. Will try to post
pictures of my truck.

p/s Great job Grantothismo!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 PM
crohbober

hey guys just won the game at this website.. it says if you get a perfect score that they will randomly pick winners and give em a free rc cao. hopefully thats me
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 AM
kakavia

Because it is very difficult to read all the 500+ pages I want your advice.
Can you suggest me an air filter for my MT2.
A suggestion for a fuel filter is also desirable.

@stadium truck freak: Great picture pall. You remind me that I have to buy a few things like fuel pipes and a fuel filter.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Grantothismo

Topcat and 46u:

Thanks guys - I agree about racing - It is the only way to truly gauge your vehicle against others. Love this little truck.

46u - Agreed on radio choice, not sure if I have the money for it. I have been looking at the new Futaba 3PM 2.4 for $189 - probably the only radio in my price range.

Topcat:

When I first began to race at CRC, a couple of people were less than happy about my truck. In the beginning, I would actually TQ - but since I have lessened my race schedule and am a little out of practice so this does not happen as much. The thing I loved most about Medina racetrack is that 10th scale MTs are legal with an .18 - That fits within the small block restriction of MTs. At CRC, after I became friends with some of the guys there, it became more of a novelty to have me out there. I usually placed 3rd and 4th in the main, but some of the UMT were just insainly fast. They actually welcomed the competition, which is the greatest compliment.

As I have stated here in the past, the MT2 has trouble with the barriers. They just cannot run over them you have to be marshalled. So like other STs you have to drive 10/10th, but within the barriers - A real challenge, but one that I enjoy. Especially when I have people come over and want to see my truck making comments that they can't believe that it can do all the things that an 1/8 UMT can do. Makes me really happy.

If you ever get to the point, which you and 46 have gotten to, that people want you out there for competetion it is the greatest compliment. I have always enjoyed racing and this past weekend just confirmed it for me. I have always been welscomed at every track that I have run at. RC is one of the best communities to be part of.

Now I just need a better radio and get rid of that POS exaust. There is a reason that the best vehicles run side exuast - just lost focus on functionality vs looks. Take functionality any day.

I have a question for you Top - how did you seal your diffs? I run the diff springs which are about the same, just with the silicon it won't wear out like the springs.

Good luck racing and thanks for the advice/compliments.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
murawskiallen

that depends on what engine you are running, if you are running the t-15 or the 18ss these two filters will work pretty well
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLGB1&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCE1&P=7

fuel filters are pretty much all the same, none will increase performance they just protect your engine and if you have the 100cc racing fuel tank it already has a fuel filter built in, but if not i would just buy the cheapest filter you can find i got mine at my lhs for i think $2

ORIGINAL: kakavia

Because it is very difficult to read all the 500+ pages I want your advice.
Can you suggest me an air filter for my MT2.
A suggestion for a fuel filter is also desirable.

@stadium truck freak: Great picture pall. You remind me that I have to buy a few things like fuel pipes and a fuel filter.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Crockski

ORIGINAL: Crockski

Has anyone heard of some kind of European shortage of HPI spares????........i ordered some bits for my MT2 from Apex in uk, promised maximum 5 days delivery.......i,ve been waiting 1 month and still no parts. I e-mailed and phoned, but they just pass the buck to their suppliers........typical. I would cancel and order from elsewhere, but if HPI spares are hard to come by over here, i might be shooting myself in the foot.

87207 - High performance air cleaner
B046 - Clutch needle bearing
86349 - Hex wheel hubs 12mm

I know of at least one other supplier in UK (DMS Racing Online), who no longer stock HPI spares, due to their supply problems. All i know is, its slightly pissing me off....i have managed to buy loads of hop up parts in the past month, but the bits i need to actually get the thing running......i can't get.........aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh.
Phoned Apex today.....was told that my parts wouldn't be in stock for at least another 2 weeks...........thats 7 weeks since initial order. I told them to stuff it and refund my money, then ordered parts from JE Spares........received E-mail 2 hours later to say parts had been dispatched....whehey........
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Jackedman

good for you man you tell them

Has anyone heard of some kind of European shortage of HPI spares????........i ordered some bits for my MT2 from Apex in uk, promised maximum 5 days delivery.......i,ve been waiting 1 month and still no parts. I e-mailed and phoned, but they just pass the buck to their suppliers........typical. I would cancel and order from elsewhere, but if HPI spares are hard to come by over here, i might be shooting myself in the foot.

87207 - High performance air cleaner
B046 - Clutch needle bearing
86349 - Hex wheel hubs 12mm

I know of at least one other supplier in UK (DMS Racing Online), who no longer stock HPI spares, due to their supply problems. All i know is, its slightly pissing me off....i have managed to buy loads of hop up parts in the past month, but the bits i need to actually get the thing running......i can't get.........aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh.
Phoned Apex today.....was told that my parts wouldn't be in stock for at least another 2 weeks...........thats 7 weeks since initial order. I told them to stuff it and refund my money, then ordered parts from JE Spares........received E-mail 2 hours later to say parts had been dispatched....whehey........
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
nxk2000

Does anyone have or know where to find videos of an mt2 with an os .18? I have done some searches and didn't come up with much.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:40 AM
kakavia

ORIGINAL: nxk2000

Does anyone have or know where to find videos of an mt2 with an os .18? I have done some searches and didn't come up with much.
Try www.youtube.com
Search by the words HPI-MT2
Old 04-25-2007, 12:48 AM
kakavia

@ murawskiallen : Thanks mate for the information. I was too looking for these two. I own the .15 engine

I want to set a question. In what temperature should the engine work? Yesterday I had maximum 120 C (or 248 F).
I run a 16% Fuel.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Grantothismo

kakavia:

That is just about right. If it sluggish on take off, you can lean the low end needle a bit. 250 is about perfect.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 AM
kakavia

Thanks Gran, I will try it .
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
murawskiallen

well i dont have any experience with the t-15 engine but with my os 18cv-r i keep it around 250-280 F and with the climate were i live it runs like a beast, and why are you running 16% nitro you should use 20% for better performance
ORIGINAL: kakavia

@ murawskiallen : Thanks mate for the information. I was too looking for these two. I own the .15 engine

I want to set a question. In what temperature should the engine work? Yesterday I had maximum 120 C (or 248 F).
I run a 16% Fuel.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
nickrummy

ORIGINAL: nxk2000

Here are a few of mine from last year. It'll be better this year Mine has the yellow/green/blue shell

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1407691428

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...kingLotRun.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oadBashing.flv

Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 PM
djheptic

my rascal arrived yesterday. Just been doing the heat cycle break in. And its already lifting off the ground lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.