Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tips On Recreating a Scale Trophy Truck?

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Tips On Recreating a Scale Trophy Truck?

Old 11-26-2018, 04:54 PM
lazyfortress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips On Recreating a Scale Trophy Truck?

I posted this on the Traxxas forum, but it isn't active. I'm new here, and figured an active forum would be the most help to my issue.

So I've been looking at tons of bodies for my nitro Slash, and the only ones that I think could possibly look like this

(I can't post URLs, even though it's an image that I uploaded from my computer, for some reason) (Look up 1994 Toyota Baja 500, and the black, red, grey, and white truck that shows up is the one I'm trying to replicate)

are the SC10 Toyota body (I'll have to cut about 2 centimeters from the bottom of the cab, along with adjusting the nose, as an intake is needed for realism) or the Pro-Line Toyota Tundra baja truck body, combined with the rear of the Traxxas Slash body. I really want my Slash to look like that 1994 Tundra Baja 500 truck. I've found matching scale lights (red paint on the back is all I need to do), but not a matching body. Any other ideas with that?

Also, my Slash is a bit low to the ground. Like the rear tires are touching the tip of the fender (from the outside of course). I tried stiffening the suspension with the provided inserts, but it's now unstable. The height is correct, but it needs more dampening. Would getting the Traxxas GTR shocks with 60wt shock fluid (from Team Associated) help my Slash look like that 1994 Tundra? Also, what are some good springs to get with that?

Are there any ways to replicate the decals on the actual truck on my RC project?

I think the shocks that are currently on my Slash are bad, as my Slash almost bottoms out when I set it on the ground (without the inserts). I've also set both the front and rear suspensions to a long travel setting.

Any other information/advice is appreciated!

Edit: Can someone post a picture of that truck, as it appears that I can't until I've reached 10 posts, and I don't want to spam the forums?

Last edited by lazyfortress; 11-26-2018 at 04:56 PM.