Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:13 PM
crohbober

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

i also have a pullstarter.. i just wish hpi would include a pullstarter instead of the roto start.. would be cheaperfor them to
Old 01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

i was thinking the same thing on the cost of the mt2 as the rotor start is over 40.00, thanks for the info, mabey if i get the mt 2 here soon i can just sell it for a good cheap price then.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
crohbober

hold on hold on. did u just say u were going to sell the mt2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or the rotostart
Old 01-07-2007, 05:53 PM
djheptic

talking of pull starts. i havent run my mt2 for about 3days now. because the weather improved i took it out. primed it up 1 pull on the pull start and she fired up straight away . im very happy with my lrp z18s. i took my ramp out today aswel, hit it wrong and done 10 cart wheels. it was really funny. also i have got myself a part time job . so now i can get some upgrades & save for the savage x ss kit .
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 PM
tattguy12

if your going to get a savage kit check these guys out great prices.....sickhobbies.com
Old 01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

ORIGINAL: adz06

no i doubt causewhen i got spurgear for car had a sheet with it and according to ratios that wont work.

can you show me this sheet with gear ratios on it?

and i think i will try the 17-47 set up. if it doesnt work ill let you guys know. to me it kinda sounds like it would because the 17t cb will add the top end while the 47 spur would be the low end..then again i know nothing about ratios so theres a 99.9% chance im wrong

i also talked to 1 of me peeps at the track and he's a local racer too. he owns a savage x-ss/mugen/yokomo electric drift

he put grip tires on the electric drift and it smoked my mt2 lol!it was a different story vs the 4-tec
any ways he told me some things about the savage cuz he knows ima buy it sooner or later and from what he tells me..im in love wit it

he says its damn near indestructible and a damn good racer..he just tells me some small things like the stock shocks/pipe and the stock servo's..he explained they werent the best.

what do you think of these two servo's?(some 1 with a savage) and what is a good torque ratio on a servo? 320@6v any good

http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...kup=JRPSZ9000T --throttle
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...kup=JRPSZ9000S --steering
Old 01-07-2007, 09:13 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

How do you get the 47 spur will give you low end when the 47 spur is the highest geared spur made for the Savage or the MT? More teeth on the spur the lower the gear. The less teeth the higher the gear.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

ORIGINAL: 46u

How do you get the 47 spur will give you low end when the 47 spur is the highest geared spur made for the Savage or the MT? More teeth on the spur the lower the gear. The less teeth the higher the gear.

as stated iknow nada..so forgive me
so more teeth = high low end? or vice versa and is it the same for the cb?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
46u

More teeth on the CB higher the gear just the opposite on the spur the less teeth the higher the gear on the spur. So what you are talking about running is VERY high gearing.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

More teeth on the CB higher the gear just the opposite on the spur the less teeth the higher the gear on the spur. So what you are talking about running is VERY high gearing.

and very high gearing is torque or speed :/

ima guess speed but im dumb [&:]
Old 01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
46u

Very little torque and a lot of top end which if I guessed you better have a long distance to get it up to top speed. I would think on a track it will be way to high of a gear. I run a 15/47 with my TZ, which has a good bit more power, then, the CV. From what I have seen on here people running the CV run around a 15/49 which is a big jump from stock RTR gearing.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

orly 15-49 :/

id try it..but it depends on what kinda track those guys are running on.

if they have a tight track with turns and a small straight i would go for like alot of torque/low end.

a track with alot of straights and a few turns would be more mid range
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
MastaDizasta

Any foam tires available for the MT2? I Drive on concrete/asphault and I always have problems with grip..

And are their any bright colored rims available for this car.. Like green or yellow.. Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

ORIGINAL: MastaDizasta

Any foam tires available for the MT2? I Drive on concrete/asphault and I always have problems with grip..

And are their any bright colored rims available for this car.. Like green or yellow.. Thanks!!

ur best bet is to try some 4.4 or 4 inch foam tires and 2.2 inch rims
Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 AM
murawskiallen

can somebody post a link to buy a new manifold for my tsais rear exhaust, i put a big dent in the side of mine.. does anybody know if a dent will affect the performnce???
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

ORIGINAL: murawskiallen

can somebody post a link to buy a new manifold for my tsais rear exhaust, i put a big dent in the side of mine.. does anybody know if a dent will affect the performnce???

if the pipe is a tuned pipe then yes possible because near the top and mid center theres a cone that makes the pipe tuned..if thats bent the compression and low end would not be the same and drastically affected
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

heres 1 in the UK

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2227
Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

10x better then a tsais no offence but the truth

https://secure.handzon.com/itechapp/.../?pageid=28221

i use it and its 5x better then my o.s pipe and makes a difference u can hear and see.

you see the thing about this pipe is it doesnt focus on speciffically torque or high speed like most pipes do..no it focuses on the whole band delivering torque and speed..its a sweet pipe and i would never go for any thing else and when i buy the savage im throwing a ths x-ss savage pipe on it..AND THEY LOOK GREAT DONT THEY? CHROME POLISHED[X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71556.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	593477  
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 AM
murawskiallen

thats just the pipe i need the manifold header, thats wat i put the dent in
Old 01-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

thats just the pipe i need the manifold header, thats wat i put the dent in

OOO u dented the manifold?

i see. well hmm ur just gonna have to swing to the local hob shop cuz i never heard of that pipe "tsais" and know nothing bout it :/

how u dent it? sliding?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:04 AM
rcnz

Very little torque and a lot of top end which if I guessed you better have a long distance to get it up to top speed. I would think on a track it will be way to high of a gear. I run a 15/47 with my TZ, which has a good bit more power, then, the CV. From what I have seen on here people running the CV run around a 15/49 which is a big jump from stock RTR gearing.
I'm just waiting on my parts to come and I'll be upgrading to 15/49 also....will be keen to see the difference it makes. Hopefully it will tame down the acceleration a bit which will be good as it just wheelspins too much in the dirt.

Took my Savage out for a run 2nite at the local track (same one as in video). I thought I would experiment with the suspension and I thus removed the preload spacers on all 8 shocks. Wow! What a difference it makes in handling! Almost handles a bit like a truggy now, real well - doesn't roll on the corners. I know that if your doing standard Savage 'bashing', it would pay to have the preloads in but for the track, it works a real treat.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 AM
adz06

i searched for the sheet so i cod scan it but codnt find it then i tried website didnt have it online but they had this the 1st link is for 47 tooth spur gear at botttom of page it is nt listed to fit the mt2 and the 2nd link it a 17 tooth clutch bell it how ever is listed to fit the mt2 [link]http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=76937[/link]
[link]http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=77107[/link] hop this helps.

ORIGINAL: Nitr0-is-Deadly

ORIGINAL: adz06

no i doubt causewhen i got spurgear for car had a sheet with it and according to ratios that wont work.

can you show me this sheet with gear ratios on it?

and i think i will try the 17-47 set up. if it doesnt work ill let you guys know. to me it kinda sounds like it would because the 17t cb will add the top end while the 47 spur would be the low end..then again i know nothing about ratios so theres a 99.9% chance im wrong

i also talked to 1 of me peeps at the track and he's a local racer too. he owns a savage x-ss/mugen/yokomo electric drift

he put grip tires on the electric drift and it smoked my mt2 lol!it was a different story vs the 4-tec
any ways he told me some things about the savage cuz he knows ima buy it sooner or later and from what he tells me..im in love wit it

he says its damn near indestructible and a damn good racer..he just tells me some small things like the stock shocks/pipe and the stock servo's..he explained they werent the best.

what do you think of these two servo's?(some 1 with a savage) and what is a good torque ratio on a servo? 320@6v any good

http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...kup=JRPSZ9000T --throttle
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...kup=JRPSZ9000S --steering
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
46u

i use it and its 5x better then my o.s pipe and makes a difference u can hear and see.

you see the thing about this pipe is it doesnt focus on speciffically torque or high speed like most pipes do..no it focuses on the whole band delivering torque and speed..its a sweet pipe and i would never go for any thing else and when i buy the savage im throwing a ths x-ss savage pipe on it..AND THEY LOOK GREAT DONT THEY? CHROME POLISHED[X(]

So you actually had the OS pipe and compared the two? If so since you do not like the OS pipe how much would you take for it?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

its the O.S t-1040 silencer. its a torque pipe and what u mean how much would i take for it? as in selling it?

So you actually had the OS pipe and compared the two? If so since you do not like the OS pipe how much would you take for it?

its the O.S t-1040 silencer. its a torque pipe and what u mean how much would i take for it? as in selling it? its only been used 6 times then i heard about the ths and i bought it and seen a performance i liked better then the O.S. i cannot sell it for 2 reasons

im too young and dont know how to sell it over the internet lol and it makes a good spare but to answer ur question prolly 40 bux

46u what pipes do you use?

http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...up=OSM72103076
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...up=OSM72103110
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...up=OSM72103310
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

i think my hobby shop has this lil thing going on called build a pipe..they have the compatible materials u can buy and create ur own tuned pipe..not sure tho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.