Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

why do you want to wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Old Bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why do you want to wheelie?

First, wheeling is cool - for bashing. Almost any car can be made to wheelie. It a function of weight distribution, slipper adjustment, diff. adjustment, gearing, traction, and power. However, on the race track you want to spend as much time as possible with all 4 wheels on the ground. A car wheeling coming out of curves, or down straight aways, shows someone who doesn't have their gearing, or slipper adjustment right.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:18 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: Old Bill

First, wheeling is cool - for bashing. Almost any car can be made to wheelie. It a function of weight distribution, slipper adjustment, diff. adjustment, gearing, traction, and power. However, on the race track you want to spend as much time as possible with all 4 wheels on the ground. A car wheeling coming out of curves, or down straight aways, shows someone who doesn't have their gearing, or slipper adjustment right.
it shows that they have a powerful motor and a set of tires that hook up. it doesnt really matter if you wheelie down straits unless your hitting walls or something. its so much fun to be riding a quad or dirtbike and come out of a corner and pull the front wheels off the ground.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:10 AM
MrSavage

lol that would be funny in a race seein a guy nailin walls bc he was wheelieng...
Old 03-06-2004, 01:41 AM
RayRayraycer20

Back in high school I owned a '67 pontaic G.T.O. 4-speed. When I would grab 2nd gear that thing would launch at times It felt like I was pullin wheelies!! what an adreinalin rush.....eric you brought back memories!!
ORIGINAL: ericheller

ORIGINAL: Troublesome2g4

ORIGINAL: flyingjibus

but why?....thats what I want to know. dont get me wrong wheelies are cool on a bike, but for me they just seem wrong on a car
that leads me to believe you've never been in a FAST car
do you mean a car that will pull a wheelie? i was in an old elcameno once and i seriously though that it was gona. wish we still had it, it was awsome.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:25 PM
ericheller

my brother was telling me about his friend who used to own a ford bronco 2(stick shift). i guess it would pull the front wheels off the ground when he would give it full throttle on a hill.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Bush Wacker

my brother was telling me about his friend who used to own a ford bronco 2(stick shift). i guess it would pull the front wheels off the ground when he would give it full throttle on a hill.

My cousin has a Bronco 2 and it gets about 8miles to the gallon. [&:]
Old 03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
ericheller

lol, ya they are really unefficent. speaking of bad gas milage, my dad bought this flat bed dump truck a few days ago and when he was driving it home from the auction he filled it up when he left, then ran out of gas on the way home. i guess it gets like 5 mpg. its funny though because i guess he got to about 100 feet away from the gas station.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:50 PM
ChrisRS4

Default RE: RE: why do you want to wheelie?

speaking of wheelies, what upgrades do u have to get to get that much power
Old 03-06-2004, 09:58 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: ChrisRS4

you have to buy/find a small screw driver.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ChrisRS4

you have to buy/find a small screw driver.
Heh.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:27 AM
RayRayraycer20

Dude... That is way to ugly. I hope its up for sale now!

lol, ya they are really unefficent. speaking of bad gas milage, my dad bought this flat bed dump truck a few days ago and when he was driving it home from the auction he filled it up when he left, then ran out of gas on the way home. i guess it gets like 5 mpg. its funny though because i guess he got to about 100 feet away from the gas station.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Nitro Napalm

hey guyz while were on wheelies can i ask a question about my truck. It's a HPI MT2 - STOCK with the stock t-15 engine. i'm wondering if it can do a wheelie. it's four wheel drive but so is the savage and that does wheelies so can mine? o and douhnuts - can it do those too? i took it about on the street and did at LEAST 20mph and did NO brakes and gave full turning to the right and the suspension went down and took the turning like a bat out of hell! i'm not even exagerating - thing turned on the spot (well that is exagerating) so does that mean it won't be able to do doughnuts unless i put mud or water on the tires?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:19 AM
flyingjibus

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggg gghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttt
Old 03-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Bush Wacker

Sounds like a Readneck's truck.
Sounds like something I'm going to drive.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Nitro Napalm

yeah i think i need to rethin kthat question, your reply ,flying , says it all
Old 03-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Bush Wacker

yeah i think i need to rethin kthat question, your reply ,flying , says it all
That makes no sense.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:44 PM
dtxevader

why woudn;t you want to wheelie.?????.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!......

shows skill, power, and proper engine tuning.....if u have a car that can wheelie off the line,,,thats something to be proud of!
Old 03-07-2004, 01:55 PM
HPIRushEvo327

...skill, power, and proper engine tuning.....if u have a car that can wheelie off the line,,,thats something to be proud of!
whatever you say evader
Old 03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
spidster

ha see remmember i told you to buy a 2wd st like the rustler or rc10gt but noooooo u wouldnt do that lol my rc10gt is next to stock and will pull a wheelie with ease and it does doughnuts so fast its hard to keep ur eyes on the damn thing lol
Old 03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Sypro

whellie when your bashing is cool it shows power. when your racing its not good. but its kinda like a thing you do to taunt your oppent. or attract them like a speacil mating dance. or some othere weird ****ed up guru ****. but it mainly shows power. and its differnt, thats why it looks cool. but what would realy be awsome is if you like stallion, do a whellie then hit the breaks and pull up the back tires.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:39 PM
ComBatMan2k3

wheelies are cool...donuts are cool...lighting up ure dirt hawg 2's on the tarmac looks cool but its not when u shred em and tire and foam go all over the place [sm=disappointed.gif] grr...i guess ill put my bow ties on for now...but yea..wheelies are so fun to do...and trying to keep it on 2 is hard as hell...but o well...back to the workshop for some repairs....heh[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 03-09-2004, 01:18 AM
tmaxkilla
Banned

hell yea its nice you racing other peeps and bam[sm=punching.gif] ythere goes a wheelie its shows the power of the truck you loving it it gets boring just driving around you gots to crash sooner or later [sm=drowning.gif] and when you do youi be back here looking for parts[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-09-2004, 02:39 AM
madblunted

In high school I used to own a 72 Pontiac Grand Prix, stock 400 c.i. I ripped the exhaust out, slapped some hookers in it, put high flows on, ripped the carter crap out, replaced w/ holley, and flipped the air cleaner box cover upside down. (was poormaning it then hey i was in H.S. the Holley/hooker stuff killed me lol) Thought I was the shiznit, then I got a limited slip rear, frame slapper traction bars, and eventually a turbo 350 tranny, and 4-11 gears, then I was the ****

I loved that car, lol was cool too cause I purchased it from a school teacher, who used it as a daily driver. The interior was perfect. Loved how the cockpit of the car was well designed like a "cockpit" because everything seemed to be pointed toward the driver.

We used to drag illegally on "rubber roads" and we never did officially measure a quarter mile, actually we did the 3 clicks on the odo that was what we usually measured to race The beast would do low 14s/high 13s on a cold day

but If i was have actually been able to put real money into the car, I know I could have gotten it way lower, as I had friends w/ chevelles doing 11s and 10s, but they cut cut cut metal.

sorry to go off topic

But all this aside, this car felt like it could have pulled some wheelies, maybe if i had slicks or really large tires on the back

BTW I was replying to this

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Back in high school I owned a '67 pontaic G.T.O. 4-speed. When I would grab 2nd gear that thing would launch at times It felt like I was pullin wheelies!! what an adreinalin rush.....eric you brought back memories!!
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Troublesome2g4

quote:

ORIGINAL: flyingjibus

but why?....thats what I want to know. dont get me wrong wheelies are cool on a bike, but for me they just seem wrong on a car

that leads me to believe you've never been in a FAST car

do you mean a car that will pull a wheelie? i was in an old elcameno once and i seriously though that it was gona. wish we still had it, it was awsome.

RayRay
Old 03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
flyingjibus

Oh, I have been in many fast cars. actually driven a 460 cobra and a shelby gt350. and no, it would not be cool to wheelie in those either.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Nitro Napalm

[&:] I'm Confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.