Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Duratrax Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 05:55 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Duratrax Truck Thread

I have noticed that no one has made a thread about Duratrax so this is a thread to post questions, comments pictures and other stuff about Duratrax off-road vehicles. I own a Duratrax Overdrive ST and have been very happy with it for over a year now. I find this truck to be very durable and can handle a lot of extreme bashing without breaking. I really havn't had any other Duratrax vehicles but from my experience with the Overdrive ST, I find Duratrax to be a very good and high quality company.

Please note that there is NO bashing and flaming.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Sypro

Default RE: Official Duratrax Truck Thread

duratrax is crap, they break. but there cheap
Old 03-07-2004, 06:15 PM
$cope

I have noticed that no one has made a thread about Duratrax so this is a thread to post questions, comments pictures and other stuff about Duratrax off-road vehicles. I own a Duratrax Overdrive ST and have been very happy with it for over a year now. I find this truck to be very durable and can handle a lot of extreme bashing without breaking. I really havn't had any other Duratrax vehicles but from my experience with the Overdrive ST, I find Duratrax to be a very good and high quality company.

Please note that there is NO bashing and flaming.

I agree with you 150% !!!!! No one talks about one of the most underrated R/c COmpanies out.... (DURATRAX) Hobby stores even hate on it, what's wrong with you people... if u think it's so bad, go find somone who has it (and can drive it good) and GO bash out somewhere, and race. Get your pride stolen by it, then come on here and post about how u feel stupid. Ne way that's my spill for the moment, i'll be back to cut down any one who feels different!

LONG LIVE THE OVERDRIVE ST (race one and i'll respect your descision)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28568.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	108841  
Old 03-07-2004, 07:45 PM
MotorPsyko

I guess DuraTrax has till now had a bad rep, but they seem to be coming around as far as quality goes... seem to be.

I have an Evader ST. It breaks... a lot. It's mostly small stuff, throttle spring here, melted diff there, chewed exaust gasket too.

Despite all of that though I am happy about my choice of first R/C truck. I'm learning a lot, and when it does actually run it runs good and is fun to drive.

If I had to start all over would I go with an Evader ST? You bet.

Yeah what's up with Local stores hating on DTX? hardly any of my stores carry DTX parts and when they do the selection is limited... Oh well... Tower is cheaper anyway.. besides I hate walking into a store and feeling that elitist attitude all around me.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM
$cope

Tower is cheaper anyway.. besides I hate walking into a store and feeling that elitist attitude all around me.
LMAO that's some funny S. I thought it was just at HObbytown USa that they were like that. The workers talk to their customer buddies, and go out of their way to help them, and carry convo about POS T-maxx's (which i think are overrated) <not straying from sub> Don't get me wrong the T-maxx is a good truck, but it's had it's time, i think it's time to move aside, and let the Dominator, The Terra Crusher, THE DURATRAX THUNDER QUAKE!!!!][/size] BASICALLY THE TMAXX IS OLD...GET OVER IT <back to the hobby store attitude> The people in there think they are Too good to answer questions.... ne way im bout done, holla

LONG LIVE THE OVERDRIVE ST (race one and i'll respect your descision)
Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Mastec

LHS owner here brags about the Evader. Several weeks ago I was telling him I was getting back into it and looking to buy an RC10, which I used to race 15 years ago. He pointed out the Evader to me. He had one in the shop getting a smashed muffler replaced and let me take it out on the lot to try. I was not disappointed in its performance at all. I had him order 3 electric and 1 gas which I pick up tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:16 PM
$cope

Lol You think that's enough for you
Old 03-07-2004, 08:21 PM
dtxevader

i have owned many cars in my time.......and the newest addition being the evader st.......no complainbts what so ever.......all cars break......the only thing i am having trouble with is the spru gear......i have gone through 2 now.....i am thinking it needs the aluminum rear bulk head for more rigidness.....anyways.....>ROCK ON DURATRAX...........YA BABY!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Bush Wacker

Tower is cheaper anyway
Tower makes good products. I dont know why they get a bad rap. There good products.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Sypro

i dont have a problem with duratrax, i have problem with the people who own them, think there better then you, try to act gheto. this is caused buy the low price of duratraxx. look at this post tell me how it is differnt from all the other posts here. o and legends never die buddy. look at the rc10gt that has been around longer then i have and its still going strong. if a rc company keeps on coming out with new stuff, there probley not the best one to buy from. all traxxas and the makers of the rc10gt need to do is update there models. not totaly redisne them.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Mastec

ORIGINAL: $cope

Lol You think that's enough for you
I used to race 15 years ago, owned Kyosho, Associated and Tamiya. I am not a noobie at this hobbie in any way, shape or form. My 1st ST was a RC10 conversion before the ST hit the market. I raced a super modified Blackfoot which was run in the ST class. Both trucks won me a total of about 34 first place trophies before I decided to quit. Then I bought a Kyosho buggy for playing around on the street until it was stolen out of my car.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 PM
$cope

ORIGINAL: Sypro

duratrax is crap, they break. but there cheap
How dare you say that in this Special thread.... i should take wutever r/c u have and burn it... IN FRONT OF YOU .... (unless it's a DURABEAUTY)....any way, u better recog where you ARE mr dragon!!!!

OR ELSE.....

*my friends ODST* (mine will be up soon)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49764.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	108902  
Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Sypro

post deleted by moderator
Old 03-07-2004, 08:34 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

And why did you post that RIGHT after I said no bashing or flaming?!?!? CAN YOU NOT READ!?!?!!?!?! Its people like you that make helpful forums in to a flaming war zones. I wanted to make this thread for people who had good experiences with Duratrax and post pics, comments (positive ones) and questions. You make me sick especially because you were the first one to post!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-07-2004, 08:34 PM
$cope

[:@]RAGE!!!! let's go, out back, in the snow, over hills, in the mountains, i'll burn that Trashass Mess of parts u call nitro sport
Old 03-07-2004, 08:37 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Old 03-07-2004, 08:39 PM
MotorPsyko

ORIGINAL: Bush Wacker

Tower is cheaper anyway
Tower makes good products. I dont know why they get a bad rap. There good products.
What I meant by "Tower is cheaper anyway" was thier prices are typically cheaper than my LHS's prices. Sure you gotta pay shipping but it beats having to drive out of my way and HOPE the LHS has what I need. =) And then there's that whole elitist / clique thing I mentioned earlier =)

I don't think I'm better than nayone else becuase I have a duratrax, but at the same time I dont think someone who paid $xxx for an incomplete kit that they have to still buy more stuff for just to get it to run is better than me. To each his own...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Mastec

Before the internet became popular for people to put down anothers choice of vehicle, it was a popular thing to do at the local track. I and several others used to be laughed at for running a Blackfoot. Then we found after market products to make it more competitive. The laughter soon died after we showed what the Blackfoot was capable of. Tamiya earned its respect at our local track back then. I think some consideration should be given to those who like Duratrax.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Sypro

hey i can burn things to, im sorry for bashing. but it makes everything more exciting. and my truck may have a crappy name but at least its NOT CRAP. and the name might suck but it still will run circle around your duracrap
Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

ORIGINAL: MotorPsyko

ORIGINAL: Bush Wacker

Tower is cheaper anyway
What I meant by "Tower is cheaper anyway" was thier prices are typically cheaper than my LHS's prices. Sure you gotta pay shipping but it beats having to drive out of my way and HOPE the LHS has what I need. =) And then there's that whole elitist / clique thing I mentioned earlier =)
I'm with you on the LHS's prices. Even though I'm in Canada, they are still ridiculously overpriced so now I'm sticking with online stores.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Sypro

Old 03-07-2004, 08:47 PM
$cope

does any company even waste there time making hopups for these cars?
What's your point? Duratrax doesn't need hopups like ur nitro shI* i mean sport...that's all that keeps traxass alive, almost with hpi, but they got good cars, and acc's..... SO THINK ABOUT IT.... DOes a lamborghini Need a bigger engine to race a honda civiC??? thought so, n00bs...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:49 PM
$cope

ORIGINAL: Mastec

Before the internet became popular for people to put down anothers choice of vehicle, it was a popular thing to do at the local track. I and several others used to be laughed at for running a Blackfoot. Then we found after market products to make it more competitive. The laughter soon died after we showed what the Blackfoot was capable of. Tamiya earned its respect at our local track back then. I think some consideration should be given to those who like Duratrax.
Tha blackfoot is just funny, i remem that truck like it was yesterday ahhh.... i agree with you tho, the trucks need a local bashing, that can really show the weak from the strong...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:53 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

hey i can burn things to, im sorry for bashing. but it makes everything more exciting. and my truck may have a crappy name but at least its NOT CRAP. and the name might suck but it still will run circle around your duracrap

When an R/C has a retarded, plain and unoriginal name, its because the company couldn't bother thinking of a good name to waste on a pile of CRAP like your "nitro sport". As for your "nitro sport" running circles around our DURABEAUTY'S, then you must be stupid since that just proves you know NOTHING about R/Cs.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:55 PM
$cope

NOw that Nitro sport man is Quiet... who likes the MAximum ST? (just wonderin)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.