Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

- Official Ultima ST thread -

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: - Official Ultima ST thread -

Well, results of the annual mega bash just includes the High Jump... otherwise it rained ALL WEEKEND here. We got into about the best of 3 jumps and then it began to pour rain... and it is still raining! Next weekend... if it stays DRY, we will try to host it again.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Stelu

Hello
I have a GP Ultima ST Racing Sports car and i like it , But i have a problem. I would like to drive on asphalt but i have destroyed 1 pare of tire after 3 hour hard driving with my friends

So my question is are there any good tire for asphalt driving for my car ?

Iam using my original tire right now.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Kemo

lol you can use those as slicks... or checkout www.prolineracing.com they have GREAT tires for onroad truck racing.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
cousingrandpa

I got my ladys son an ultima gp st rtr for x-mas 1.5 years ago. My personal experiance with it is it was total crap. Every time we ran it something broke within the first tank & the stock .15 couldn't be tuned. When the evo came out I converted it to evo specs ( I chainged everything) & replaced the engine with the .15 fe from my rush. The engine was rebuilt with the upgraded parts from hpi. Since then the truck has been flawless & has not broke at all. If you buy kyosho get the better trucks not the beginner ones. Huge difference in quality.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Kemo

Sheesh... that model says it all lol.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Kemo

Hey can you tell the rest of the people who consider the "sports version" how much you had to spend on the parts and the part numbers to get it to the "evolution" level? Would be very useful.

My ultima before the big event coming up this weekend. I am kinda thinkin it needs a bath... how bout you?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17667.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	148991  
Old 06-30-2004, 05:56 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

The truck you are describing with all your hop-ups http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyod92-94.html is it that truck??? because i have laybd the non rtr version and will be cancelling my layby unless i can find some better parts like aluminium suspension arms front and back
ORIGINAL: DirtRacinFool

I have 2 Ultima ST-R GP's, both highly modified. One has the Kyosho Hard Aftermarket Chassis and Aluminum Nose Plate, plus Trinity Aluminum rear a-arm mounts and rear hub carriers. The front shock tower is a JT Racing Products aluminum tower and the rear tower I made from 6061-T6 aluminum. I replaced the stock fuel tank with one from a Ofna Nitro OB4, and I run a O.S. CV 12 that I custom ported with a MIP header and side pipe. Its a good race truck, the tranny and shocks are by far the best i've had in any Nitro Truck i've owned and raced. The only compaints i've had were the stock fuel tank, and it lacks in the steering department.

My second Ultima ST-R is the most modified of the two. I built a new chassis that brought the wheel base out to equal the RC10GT. One of the best things about the RC10GT's is it's steering, so I ditched the Ultima front end for a GT tub chassis front nose plate and suspension. Once again I chose the Ofna OB4 fuel tank over the stock fuel tank. Power on this one is from a Thunder Tiger EVO 12 with a Dynamite header and a Paris Turbo Ring pipe. It came out looking a lot like a GT, but the combination of Ultima and GT parts have made a truck that handles great, and being that its one of a kind, I couldn't be anymore happy with it.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Kemo

Well i was referring to the post with evolution parts... conversion from Sports to Evolution. I am curious just how much that would cost and how big the list is.

Hey, lookie what I found for upgrades at least!!! : JT DOES have a site... http://www.jtracingproducts.com/STGP.html
Any other places to get hopups for the ultima?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:39 PM
cousingrandpa

I spent around $200 to convert it, I know its expensive but it was worth it for the kid. The site that rccars411 listed has some cool parts. The kid is saving for some of the parts they have.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Kemo

OH stellar so they ARE reputable? God I could REALLY go for that rear shock tower right about now. Besides trinity... they are like the only company i now know for hopups!

Now are the JT parts LIGHTER than the stock plastic parts? Dont wanna bog this beast down the slightest bit!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

rccars i have chosen to stay with my descision and buy the kyosho ultima st gp racing sports.... my lhs has some hopups like a full ball racing set so i can ball race my set.... i still have yet to find some more durable parts to replace the plastic parts like suspension arms etc and also all these ultimas are confusing me
Old 06-30-2004, 11:28 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

one more question......... if i get a better engine like the .15 cv-r will i need to change my cars gearing
Old 06-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Kemo

I think ur gonna have to upgrade your chassis just so you can FIT a engine mount for the upgrade engines. You wont have to change your gearing. You might be able to modify your chasis to fit engine mounts... but I dont know because I dont have sports chassis. I think you have to replace it with a Type R or evolution chassis (main plate)
Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 AM
cousingrandpa

You do have to change the chassis to change the engine. If you go with the evo chassis then you need the evo tranny. The stock one won't fit the evo chassis. The evo tranny also has a different pitch spur gear. We are planning on going with the front & rear shock towers from JT racing because the stockers are to flexable. I haven't seen any aluminum that is lighter than the plastic parts but the difference wouldn't be that much.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Kemo

How different are the trannies from Type R to Evolution? I hear problems with tranny (top gear in box) that there is so much power it separates and flexes (the shaft moves). I am gonna get that fixed but gotta know what Evolution parts i gotta get first.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:19 PM
SmT64

so i would need to buy a new hassis to support the new engine.......... o yea thats right my mate he had a kyosho gp alpha on road car and it had the gx-15 engine and it didnt hjave any engine mounts the engine went straight on to the chassis and also could you tell me a chassis that fits and where i can get one online
Old 07-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Kemo

Well if you are talking about the ultima... then you can get one from "www.towerhobbies.com" or have your lhs order it in for you. Only problem is that your gonna have to buy some receiver box stuff (scrap SPORTS receiver box stuff). You will need : UM-204, UM-203, UM-217 (two posts), um 207 (times two). Chassis wont accept SPORTS gear box either i hear. You are in for a long list of upgrades... those are just the basics heh.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:26 PM
HondaCRX

Oh, boy finally! An Ultima ST topic![&:]

I have the sports version[:'(], kinda flimsy. GX-15 is crap, my economy combat plane engines rev higher![X(]. Now im "pimpinating" (stripping down, cleaning, doing a DIESEL conversion on the GX-15 NO MORE GLOW PLUGS w00t, and replacing random parts) the darn thing! It really doesnt help much that im in a budget of ~$86 [X(]. Hopefully the diesel will squeeze a little bit more power out of the "hamster wheel" GX-15.

Name:	Db83646.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	149405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50470.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	149406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72880.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	149407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91660.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	149408  
Old 07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Kemo

Good luck, you might as well port the thing and keep it on glow fuel. But, um even diesel engines use glowplugs... even the diesel airplanes I have seen flown.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:58 PM
HondaCRX

Actually these diesels dont use glowplugs, they are better described as "compression ignition engines". even the airplane engines dont have glowplugs, instead they have a bolt on the head that pushes on a contra-piston in the head, there by allowing adjustable compression. and most people run their model diesels on kerosene, either, and even a little MEKP. to advance ignition and allow lower compression, avoiding bent crank pins, and broken connecting rods. The Hyper .21 is a replacement engine for when the diesel dies.[:@]
Old 07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

Hey btw that SmT post was me but it was logged on as my brothers id anyhoow i didnt get the rtr version of the sports i bought just the car and the engine and today went out and bought some radio gear tell me what you guys think and if anyone could post a list of hop ups i would need to purchase it would be gratly appreciated

Name:	Jh16750.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	149449  
Old 07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
cousingrandpa

Good radio, Just be carefull with the adjustments under the red cover on top. If you push too hard when adjusting your trims they break easy. I was looking for a radio for the kid & my LHS showed me one that was pretty messed up.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Kemo

Ok so you BOUGHT the sports... but not rtr? we can upgrade the suspension i think with out making other modifications from JT
Old 07-02-2004, 07:10 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

hey ultima st sports rtr owners no more having to worry bout the stock engne gx-15 check thid out!!!!! its awesome http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXU171
Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Kemo

that mount made for the 15 AND different OS engines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.