Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Rustler Control Problems, Help!!

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Traxxas Rustler Control Problems, Help!!

Old 07-25-2004, 06:25 PM
derek800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Rustler Control Problems, Help!!

I was just up in northern michigan this weekend playing around with my nitro rustler, and all was working fine all week. Well I went to use it yesterday and after I started it up and gave it some gas, it worked fine for about 50 feet, and then I couldn't control the gas or steering anymore. This really puzzled me because it was working so well before. The first thing that came to mind was maybee the batteries in the car and the radio controller were going bad, so I replaced them but it still did the same thing. I thought maybee something got wet and needed to dry out because after it got really dirty I hosed off part of the car trying to be carefull not to get any of the electronics wet. Well I tried it today this time without starting the engine, I just turned on the controller and the switched on the car and walked back as I was using the controler to turn the wheels back and fourth and sure enough the same thing happened, I got about fifty feet back, and the wheels would no longer turn, they just stayed in the position they where when I lost control as if they were locked in place until I walked towards the car and regained control.

Can anyone Please give me an idea to what might be wrong, I want to get it back in working condition. I hate having my rusty not working[&o].

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:37 PM
fantomracer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Traxxas Rustler Control Problems, Help!!

is ur antena cut or broken or wrapped arround somthing? and are the batteries in your transmitter good?
Old 07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Bush Wacker

Were in michigan were you?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:11 PM
derek800

The batteries should be working fine, I just replaced them with brand new ones, and my antenna was bent back a little but I fixed it and it is still doing the same thing.

I was at higgins lake michigan.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
coolman01231

check ur crystals
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
RedDawg303

are you using the traxxas AM system, because that thing has no range from my experience. do yourself and your truck a favor by hooking yourself up with a good FM system.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:08 PM
BIGmeat15071

Mine has barely any range either, thats one reason I put a Throttle Return Spring on mine.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Skullbasher

make sure your reciever antenna is still full length, and your transmitter antenna is extended all the way... even the tq radio should have more range than that...
Old 07-26-2004, 10:42 AM
derek800

I tried it today and the range seems to have improved greatly, it seems to be back the way it used to be I can now have control of it all the way down the block. It is just weird that it is working again, maybee something got wet and now it dried out, or their might have been alot of radio interference in northern michigan.

I am a little nervous to start driving it again, because I don't want the car to all of a sudden lose its range when I am driving it and have it crash. Is there anything that you can suggest that would help to safeguard this from happening while I am driving it?

I have heard of throttle return springs and fail-safe's, but I am not sure which would be the best for my needs, and which brand is good or will be compatible with a nitro rustler.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Skullbasher

Well definatley get a throttle return spring... that is what it is meant for, a failsafe helps the car if there is radio interference while a return spring helps with loss of power...
I know the associated return spring work wonders for my car... but thats the only one I know works...