Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Went to LHS...... What do you think???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Went to LHS...... What do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 PM
TJ31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to LHS...... What do you think???

Hi . Well today I went to both of my LHS one is an actual LHS (Lakeland Hobbies) and the other is a 97% craft/3% RC store hahaha (Kays crafts and hobbies)... Anyway we went to Lakeland Hobbies to see what they have (never been there before), very small shop but okay none-the-less. So I went in with my $255 hahaha looking to buy an R/C. So I walked around and saw that they had some Nitro R/C's. (I live in Canada, so CANADIAN PRICES!) One was an HPI Savage 25- $629.99 , another was an HPI Nitro RS4 MT 2 (A.K.A. Nitro MT 2 or Nitro RS4)- $489.99 , They didn't really have anything else worth buying (had a micro car, forget what it was called, its a car though- $299.99 (no way!))... My mom (im only 14 haha) was saying that the Mini-T is soooooooooo small and not worth $200 and what not... And saying that I shouldn't get a Nitro blah blah blah (you know moms...) Because I was going to buy a Mini-T from Kays... I was explaining everything to my parents about Nitro and Electric and the mini-t etc... Anyway!...
I WAS going to buy a Team Losi Mini-T from Kays Crafts and Hobbies (had none in stock, had to be ordered- $199.99). He also had an EK4! AMAZING! .75 Cubic Inches! Single-speed tranny because a 2-speed just won't hold up! HUGE MASSIVE ENGINE IN IT! (Like $1200 by the time you get everything you need). He had a EB4 (1/8th scale nitro buggy) (about $750) sittin beside it w/o the body on... I think it was a .18ci engine in it. Well it was sooooooooo tiny compared to the HUGE FRIKIN .75 in the EK4!!!!!!! TRULY AMAZING TRUCK!.... Anyway they had nothing at Kays Crafts and Hobbies besides some electric F1's and some battle tanks, etc... (everything had to be oredered). I was talking to the guy about Nitro vs. Electric because my parents were asking questions....... We both were explaining the pros and cons of electric to my parents (like expenses, batteries, charger, etc... for electric which does cost alot, and nitro, etc... for the nitro cars, and that they both cost pretty well the same when u factor in all the stuff). My mom said she didn't want me to get the Mini-T (too small, not worth $200, electric, not very powerful,) An that it costs a just as much with the batteries and stuff,PLUS you had to chrage,cool off, etc.. all the batteries... blah blah blah........... So my parents said that I should probably save some more and get a Nitro, way way way more worth it! I was really happy! (haahaha)... Probably the HPI Nitro RS4 MT 2 because it was cheaper than the Savage 25, etc... So she said yeah you can get it... just save some more and its yours.... So I have $255 right now then i get more money next week (my mom owes me) then ill have $300 soooo yeah.........Now I can't wait to get it! (hahahah my new neighbors probably won't be too happy hahahahahaha) AWESOME! Yeah........... So what do u guys think??????
[:-]
Old 08-12-2004, 09:48 PM
WrathSkeller

Default RE: Went to LHS...... What do you think???

Sounds like a plan. lol. I have had my nitro x-cellerator for about a month and half. When you first get you will go through some trouble like i did but now my truck gets started on one pull and it's very fast. I always say buy what you like. If you like the rs4 mt2 then save some more and buy it. I'm a full supporting of the x-cellerator and highly recommend it to anyone. Tell me what you get in the end. [8D]
Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 PM
chelopr

Too long story, Someone here can tell me if there another thread with a short story version....

Just try to buy a RC10gt RTR if you can. You will have a lot time of fun!!!

Good Luck!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:58 PM
TJ31

Sorry about the length....... no shorter versions srry... lol... No im not gettin an RC10GT, im gettin an HPI Nitro RS4 MT2 ........
Old 08-12-2004, 10:52 PM
impulse

Sounds awesome. Kinda sounds like my dilema but I already got nitro vehicles but just the savin part for a 1/8 buggy lol. Don't you love saving? (note sarcasm)
Old 08-12-2004, 11:25 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Yea im saving for a 1/8 buggy to, as soon as im dont with upgradeing my computer.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:52 AM
redheat8

Get a RC10 GT you wont be sorry , the weak kink in the MT 2 is that T-.15 motor, of course you could upgrade to a cvr later on, RED
Old 08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
TJ31

Actaully I miiiight even end up with a Savage 25 in the end..... Just depends on my funds haha. $629.99 w/o tax and accessories is ALOT for me! Or I could get the MT2 for $489.99...... But I'm kinda worried about that T-15 in there.............. hmmmm.... I think I should probably just save until I get the Savage! THEN I think i'll be happy!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:40 PM
flyingjibus

Why dont you save your self a lot of money and just buy from the US and ship it to canada?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:47 PM
TJ31

Don't trust sending that much money online..... then what if the truck gets damaged? Plus there's a loooooooooog wait involved...... My mom said no when I asked her anyway...same reasons... hmmm....
Old 08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
WrathSkeller

You should go to www.hobbypeople.net. They have the best prices and i think they ship to canada. They ship from california so you won't have to wait too long, i got mine in three days.(I live in NJ) Just a suggestion. Plus, they have big sales every now and then and the prices then become extremely low. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:47 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

man thats way to much money in canada.. thats crazy!! usa is soo cheeper.
try towerhobbies i got my two rc10gts from there very fast very good!!. they even have coupons every month thats even better
Old 08-13-2004, 03:09 PM
TJ31

aaah. I'm just worried about it getting broken! And thats a hell of a lot of money to send! .......... I dunno.... I miiiight just buy it from my LHS...or maaaaaybe i could check out hobbypeople.net i think the one LHS orders from them.....
Old 08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
redheat8

Dont worrie so much about your stuff getting broken most places well replace it for you if it gets broken , and what about those inflated prices, you could buy a ton of upgrades for what you'd be saving if you purchased south, RED
Old 08-13-2004, 03:48 PM
TJ31

I still have to pay Canadian Funds. Only it gets transfered into American funds be4 it gets to the dealer. But it will save some money.... but id rather buy from my LHS i think......
Old 08-13-2004, 04:41 PM
t to the maxx2
My Feedback: (1)

It is USUALLY better to buy lhs but in your case order from down here in amaerica, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper, also screw the savage, get a tmaxx!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:10 PM
adr_ian64

buying online wont save you money, in fact it will cost more money because of the shiping($20 bucks shipping for tower) I think the nitro MT2 is a very good choice, or the savage, HPI has very good kits, you'll have lots of fun with either of them

P.S. make sure your hobby store carries spare parts for the kit that your getting or you'll end up waiting 2-3 weeks for a broken suspention arm or shock tower which sucks[:'(]

good luck
Old 08-13-2004, 05:18 PM
TJ31

Yeah thanks. Yeah they have some parts there... But i think what ill do is order a bunch BEFORE i break anything if they dont have them in stock.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Blankstare

hey t to the maxx2, did u just say get a tmaxx??? thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard, especally if you are comparing it to a savage, and if you thought about gettin a traxxas MT, wouldnt you get the revo?????
Old 08-13-2004, 05:40 PM
TJ31

I would buy the REVO before I would buy the T-Maxx...... I wouldn't be buying either though actually..... IM BUYIN A SAVAGE 25!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Blankstare

nice choice
Old 08-13-2004, 07:15 PM
TJ31

UH OH! One thing that I really hate about the Savage and the MT2 is the ROTO START! PAIN IN THE @$$ TO GET THE 7.2v BATTERY + CHARGER (costs alot!) AND TO CARRY IT AROUND WITH YOU! AARGH! I WISH THEY WOULD COME STOCK WITH PULL-START! But oh well....... Uh oh... this is really going to cost a hell of alot for the Savage 25!

Truck- $629.99 without tax (ouch!)
Fuel- $35/gallon
7.2v battery and charger for stupid rotostart- $50-$60
Fuel bottle- around $10
Another Glow Plug- $7
Loctite- $5
12 AA batteries dammit!- uhhh about $20? I think
And glow plug wrench- Is there anything else I can use? Like a socket wrench/screwdriver? Because we have sooooooooooo many tools! SOOOOO MANY!

Total: Around $800! HOLY @#$%!

Okay now the HPI Nitro RS4 MT2:

Truck- 489.99
Fuel- $35/gallon
7.2v battery and charger for stupid rotostart- $50-$60
Fuel bottle- around $10
Another Glow Plug- $7
Loctite- $5
12 AA batteries dammit!- uhhh about $20? I think
And glow plug wrench- Is there anything else I can use? Like a socket wrench/screwdriver? Because we have sooooooooooo many tools! SOOOOO MANY!

Total: Around $620 or so...

JEEZ THIS IS A HARD DECISION! I GUESS MAYBE I'LL DECIDE SOONER OR LATER?!?!?!
Ordering online just isn't an option! It has to be from my LHS! I wish they weren't so expensive!

OH WAIT! They have a Monster GT at the one LHS here... I'm pretty sure it was the MGT! It was like $650 or something........ what about that??????????????
uuhhh maybe not... eh w/e