RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Truck moves when I idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 08:53 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck moves when I idle

I have a Factory Team GT and I'm running an O.S. CVR .12. I can't get the thing to idle properly because it always moves a little bit when my throttle is at neutral. I've messed with the idle screw and the throttle/ break linkage and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2004, 09:23 PM
rckid90

Default RE: Truck moves when I idle

i dont know but my friends did that and he just moved around his break scwer. i hope this helps
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 PM
mkimber

I used to have the same problem with my RC10GT. I couldn't get it to idle low enough without stalling all the time. I finally got an MIP 4in1 clutch that cured all my problems. The engine can idle a little higher now with the truck standing still. That clutch works a lot better on the track too.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:47 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: mkimber

I used to have the same problem with my RC10GT. I couldn't get it to idle low enough without stalling all the time. I finally got an MIP 4in1 clutch that cured all my problems. The engine can idle a little higher now with the truck standing still. That clutch works a lot better on the track too.
im about to get one of these, now does it reduce slipping? and are they good for offroad? thx.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:13 PM
frozen

It's not not bad to have it moving a little when it's idling, use the breaks to stop it.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:39 PM
crazyswede

ORIGINAL: breakin2

I have a Factory Team GT and I'm running an O.S. CVR .12. I can't get the thing to idle properly because it always moves a little bit when my throttle is at neutral. I've messed with the idle screw and the throttle/ break linkage and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
The spring activation in the MIP 4in1 clutch works like a stall converter allowing the engine to hit the usable power quicker. with the stock clutch engaged all the time when you get on the throttle the engine labors more to get the car going.(I still don't know why they don't have some kind of spring assist, that blow's my mind.) where as the MIP 4in1 clutch engages at a higher rpm making you much faster out of the turns and off the line[>:]. You guy's need it if you wanna keep up with me And it's always nice to have a car that will sit and idle.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:34 AM
dalosiman

Your clutch spring may be weak from use and might need to be replaced, you can also use the adjustment on your brake to hold when your truck is at idle! There should be some info on how to adjust this in your manual. If you dont have a manual you should be able to get a copy online at teamassociated.com, hope this helps

J
Old 08-22-2004, 08:43 AM
breakin2

I'm going to go for that MIP clutch. That sounds like what I need. I've fiddled with things so much that I've lost my mind. When I get it low enough to idle, it stalls a lot, especially when I hit the brakes.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:31 AM
mkimber

ORIGINAL: breakin2

I'm going to go for that MIP clutch. That sounds like what I need. I've fiddled with things so much that I've lost my mind. When I get it low enough to idle, it stalls a lot, especially when I hit the brakes.
That's exactly what mine was doing also, the MIP will fix all your problems and it's adjustable on how you want it to engage.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Frost_

ORIGINAL: dalosiman

Your clutch spring may be weak from use and might need to be replaced, you can also use the adjustment on your brake to hold when your truck is at idle! There should be some info on how to adjust this in your manual. If you dont have a manual you should be able to get a copy online at teamassociated.com, hope this helps

J
The spring isn't weak because there isn't one... That's where allof the idle drag comes from. Associated screwed us for clutch options, the tiny stock 2-shoe just drags all day....
Old 09-13-2004, 02:30 AM
avg_joe

I use the stock shoes in my rc10 gt, and I like them fine. One thing that helps stop the idle creep problem is to install the shoes so that they are trailing, not leading. They slip more in the low revs in this configuration, but they seem to grab well enough in the powerband.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38423.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	172800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32210.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	172801