zsar1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default wasp .18 starting problem

my wasp.18 refuses to start up.it`s only been thru 7 tanks on my mt2.if i do get it to start it almost catches and then it dies.when i did manage to start it it refuses to move the vehicle.i tried playing with the high speed needle with no effect.i tried a new glowplug and that doesn`t work.anyone got any solutions.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:38 PM
snowball1288

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: wasp .18 starting problem

possibly new fuel... try holding the throttle open about 1/4 while starting it..

I dont know about you guys, but i find that its easier to start my DTX Evader when i prime the engine to the point when it is clearly flooded, then i put on the glow heater and wait for about 5 sec, then pull. It starts, but will refuse to accept ANY throttle. If you give it gas, it stalls. So i have to wait for about 15-20 sec for it to warm up.

It works for me...
Old 11-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Jagzilla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: wasp .18 starting problem

I've had nothing but carb problems with mine. If you have a different carb you can swap, maybe try that. I'm sure there's lots of other potential problems as to why it's not running, but I just know how my wasp carb acts. I also have endless overheating issues with mine as well. Just can't seem to get the thing to run reliably at all. I've done all the sealing back plate/carb/exhaust manifold tricks, but it just seems to be nothing but problems.

Search this Thread