zsar1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

i`ve just installed an os .18 cv-rx on my mt2.at the moment i`m using 20% nitro and my temperaure gauge is at 210-220.is that a safe temperature.my mt2 really flies.the power is insane.another question is what tuned pipe should i go with.at the moment i`,m using a dynamite pipe.i`ve got a sirio pipe and bad boy pipe from tsias.the problem is those 2 pipe are for .21 and up.any suggestions
Old 01-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Kyosho Fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

Do not forget that engine temps are also influenced by weather temps and body cutouts, car speeds vs. that air flow, etc. So a little more details will help people to judge your situation. My CVRX is not fully leaned yet, so I cannot comment. I recall reports from the big 3.0 engine test at Car Action (I think from Steve Pond ?) and 220 sounds absolutely fine. You may find better advice over at the Radio Control OS 3.0 CVRX thread ? As long as you see some smoke and temps stay around that you should be fine IMHO.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:15 PM
CJ3B

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

Hello Guys!

I just broke in my .18 that I recently installed in my new RC10GT...

MAN, WHAT A SMOKIN' ENGINE!!! that damn truck wheelies just about every start, especcially with headwind! And I thought I had it great with my .12 CV-R...

Whoever reads this tread, and wants to have a GREAT bashing engine, do yourself a favor and get the OS .18.

Oh, and BTW, Zsar, 220-230 degrees is fine. I run that temp at 20% nitro, all the time.

Hope it helps.

Search this Thread