Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

i`ve just installed an os .18 cv-rx on my mt2.at the moment i`m using 20% nitro and my temperaure gauge is at 210-220.is that a safe temperature.my mt2 really flies.the power is insane.another question is what tuned pipe should i go with.at the moment i`,m using a dynamite pipe.i`ve got a sirio pipe and bad boy pipe from tsias.the problem is those 2 pipe are for .21 and up.any suggestions
    zsar1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

Do not forget that engine temps are also influenced by weather temps and body cutouts, car speeds vs. that air flow, etc. So a little more details will help people to judge your situation. My CVRX is not fully leaned yet, so I cannot comment. I recall reports from the big 3.0 engine test at Car Action (I think from Steve Pond ?) and 220 sounds absolutely fine. You may find better advice over at the Radio Control OS 3.0 CVRX thread ? As long as you see some smoke and temps stay around that you should be fine IMHO.

RE: temperature for o.s 18 cv-rx

Hello Guys!

I just broke in my .18 that I recently installed in my new RC10GT...

MAN, WHAT A SMOKIN' ENGINE!!! that damn truck wheelies just about every start, especcially with headwind! And I thought I had it great with my .12 CV-R...

Whoever reads this tread, and wants to have a GREAT bashing engine, do yourself a favor and get the OS .18.

Oh, and BTW, Zsar, 220-230 degrees is fine. I run that temp at 20% nitro, all the time.

Hope it helps.
    Jorge
    1950 M38 US ARMY Jeep
    1965 CJ3B Jeep
    1996 RC10GT
    1996 Inferno MP-5
    2005 RC10GT Factory Team