Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

What is your age?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your age?

Curios to see what age people are running RC cars and trucks? Seems I am uncommon as I am much older then most in this hobby. I am 50.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
46u

Default RE: What is your age?

I am sorry seems I hit the enter key to soon and have a double post. Please delet the first one. SORRY!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 PM
46u

[8D][8D]
Old 03-20-2005, 11:35 PM
mrmac339

Im 37 havent been able to get away from rc been messing around with it on and off for 15 years
Old 03-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Black_Ghost_FN

Im 15. I have a nitro X-C but things are goin slow for me because I dont hav a job yet[]
Old 03-20-2005, 11:39 PM
UtahRacer13

I'm 13, been in R/C's for about a year now.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
mydartswinger

I'm 22 and in the Army. I've been looking at the hobby since I was 10. Finally had the money to get into the hobby last April.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:58 AM
jandb917

Well that makes two of us mydartswinger...... where ya at? over here in germany There are ALOT of soldiers into RC but most of them buy th local HPI stuff that i personall dont care for but ey at least they are out driving and its from all ages. We usally get together on the weekends in the training areas to go bashin im hopin to have some in car camera videos real soon of our bashin sessions i just purchased a wirless mini cam of ebay for pretty cheap waitin on it to get her HEHEHEHEHE!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:41 AM
46u

Looks like I am the old fart on this form as stated above I am 50. Other then toy RC cars and trucks like you get at toys R us I have only been in the hobby for 5 years. I am a single parent of 3 girls and between children and making ends meet I never had a chance till 5 years ago. My children are about grown and one of my daughters just had my first grandchild yesterday.

So now I have finally have time for this great hobby. Now I am in to it in a big way. I have 4 nitro vehicles and 13 electric, which the electric mostly are 1/28 Mini-Z or 1/18 RS4 that I run inside on my two RCP tracks when the weather is to bad to run my nitro outside. I like nitro best but you know how that goes weather dictates run time.

My first love for the past 35 years has been motorcycles which I have been riding and working on none stop. I am finally getting to live my dream of touring the country and in the past 3-½ years logged 60,000 miles, ridden throw 41 states and two pieces of Canada. This July I will be riding from Macon Georgia to Alaska as far as the artic circle10,000-mile plus trip.

Thanks all for your input.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:54 AM
mydartswinger

jandb,
I'm stationed at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska. It kinda sucks cause there's hardly anyone up here into the hobby and no LHS support, except for a couple that support airplanes where I can get a few things to keep me going, as long as I don't break anything. There's not even a craft shop on post that supports the hobby. I know one civilian and his 3 or 4 buddies that has his own personal track in his back yard. But since it's friggin cold up here and still snow and ice on the ground, he ain't doin nothing with it until it warms up and the white stuff melts. So for now I'm stuck running my Mini-T on the waxed barracks floors. I can't run my XXX-T on these floors because it's to powerful and will hit the wall and break just aobut every time I do[&o].
Old 03-21-2005, 03:44 PM
mittimj

i'm 16. was into the hoby when I was about 10 and was in over my head. then about 1 year ago I dug out all my rc stuff and started back into the hobby.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Dwain77

Turned 28 recently, and love this hobby. I've only been in it for a little over a year.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
ICrashThings

17, 3 nitros, i have a part time job, so i have no money. [&:]
Old 03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
TokyoExpress

I'm 27. I started in the hobby when I was about 10. My dad worked on Wall Street at the time and someone in his firm had a side business...a SWEET hobby shop that I believe was in Long Island. We went there one day and after some major contemplation decided on a Tamiya Monster Beetle. That was my first R/C car. I can still remember the Futaba Attack Box/Stick radio that we bought with it. Since then, I've had a ton of R/C cars, and got into nitro about three years ago. Still have a soft spot in my heart for the Monster Beetle though.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

27 here. this is my first R/C since i was 13..... not including trying to fly last year. i went from nothing to a nitro evader. picked it up pretty fast.

my last truck before this was in the 80's, alittle something from the Sears Catalog called the super LOBO!!i owned an original Blackfoot sometime, i just don't remember how old i was. i think it was before the lobo.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
TokyoExpress

ORIGINAL: fga

27 here. this is my first R/C since i was 13..... not including trying to fly last year. i went from nothing to a nitro evader. picked it up pretty fast.

my last truck before this was in the 80's, alittle something from the Sears Catalog called the super LOBO!!i owned an original Blackfoot sometime, i just don't remember how old i was. i think it was before the lobo.
The LOBO?! I remember those...I don't recall Sears having them, but in the early days of affordable R/C I guess a lot of retailers stocked them. By the way, where on SI do you run your cars? I'm guessing Brownie's.
One more item of interest, I remember when I was a kid, I was in Brooklyn and I saw a non-hobby store that had a Kangaroo kit on the shelf.
As far as all of you on this thread, it's nice to see such a range of hobbyists involved in this great pastime of R/C. I raise a pint of 20% nitro to you all! (accidentally drinks it) YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM
REVOJoe

46U, congrats on the grand child, I'm a father of a 3 year old daughter.
Me, I'm 38 and live north of you in Lawrenceville, spend 1/3 of my time in Macon working a territory of middle Ga. Just in Perry today as a matter of fact.take care,
Joey
Old 03-21-2005, 08:07 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: REVOJoe

46U, congrats on the grand child, I'm a father of a 3 year old daughter.
Me, I'm 38 and live north of you in Lawrenceville, spend 1/3 of my time in Macon working a territory of middle Ga. Just in Perry today as a matter of fact.take care,
Joey
Thanks,
If you are ever on 247 between Macon and Warner Robins you should look me up. I work at a motorcycle shop called Macon Cycles just past the airport coming form Warner Robins on the same side as the airport is on. We are closed Sunday and Monday.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:38 PM
craig_78

26 here. My first RC was a Super Lobo also from Sears I was into electrics up untill 17 or so and didn't get back into the hobby till this past December when I got my nitro RC10GT. My next car will probably be a RC18T so I have something to run indoors or something when I can't take the nitro out.

I'll probably stick with the hobby this time around. Thinking about getting a MGT eventually.

Can ya tell that I like Associated products?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:53 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Im 16, ive been in the hobby for over 2 years now, and i have 2 RC's right now, i sold my first one and then bought a Savage SS and than i Got a Xcellerator, now i have just the savage and the xcellerator, and i love them both, now i might get a electric after the summer, all my money is going to my real car right now.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
yoster

Old 03-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Talk.Operated.Machine

I'm 26 in 8 days . I got my first RC car about 12 years ago: a Mardave Marauder. I've still got it now BUT its been boxed up and unused for about the past 10 years! lol. My mis-spent youth (and I suppose 10 years at design school) led me away from RC but 3 years ago my Big Bro bought me a 'Tyco Canned Heat' car. A naf toy but we where impressed with the performance of it (especially once we doubled the voltage going through it).
Then I went RC crazy and jumped straight in with an RC helicopter (a Logo10[8D]). The 10 is amazing, almost better than sex. Then I moved onto RC aeroplanes (a Carbon Falcon) to use on the occasions my heli's not working. Plus I can let my friends fly the CF. Then I got a nitro MT2 stadium truck to use when my plane isn't working, lol, and also to teach me the art of nitro engines before I get a nitro heli. And also because RC cars are such a laugh.
Since the MT2 I got another heli (a Zoom400). Small and nimble and cheaper to crash. I have a RC motorbike waiting to be built (a Kyosho HOR) and 3 Kyosho Mini-Z. I keep trying to make this cardboard plane which WILL work. And my latest creation is a Tamia TLT stretched to rock-crawling status with a wireless video down-link and 2-way radio (walkie-talkie). No more walking to the shops for beer!!!
And thats my RC life story.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:17 AM
RayRayraycer20

32...33 in april.
Just got my REVO yesterday!!! I just cant stop
Old 03-22-2005, 10:39 AM
avg_joe

I am 34 in May. I have been into the hobby for a few years this time around. I used to love to get the cheap 'toys' when I was a kid, and I had a blackfoot in the early 90's. I re-entered in the hobby with an electric HPI MT in the late 90's, and graduated to nitro when my wife found me a used traxxas nitro buggy on ebay. I had lots of fun with the traxxas, trying to make and modify parts that I couldn't get any more, but I now run a RC10GT(tub chassis). It's an addiction.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 AM
GT-Power

im 17. I have been into a R/C's since I was 8. I had a neighbor who was really into R/C's and he gave me a old beat up car. I thought i was on top of the world than and would always bring it to him to help me. He always was fun and patient made it fun. Then he moved away and my mother made me give the car back. I wish I still had him as a neighbor. So when someone in the neighborhood (that is nice and not a punk) I will get him into R/C.

BTW- i got my first nitro at the age of 13. It got me more than frustrated a few times. In the end mistakes and experience is your best eacher!!!!![:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.