Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 131 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3609

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

hi my name is Fermin last week i went to a swap meet and got a hell of a deal on a Jato 3.3 i dont know much about it except what i have been reading on here and what my son has told me about it, ( he has one too ) one thing for sure is that is FAST any tips i should know?
    Tower this is Gostrider requesting permision to flyby!.... Negative Gostrider the patern is full!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh yeah how is the Jato in the snow?
    Tower this is Gostrider requesting permision to flyby!.... Negative Gostrider the patern is full!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

U NEED THE BRAKE UP GRADE , Quietnas 1 has it on this forum somewhere,rpm control arms ,motor saver filter , its a lot of fun he will see it and post were its at, if it hard packed not ice it will go but loose or fresh no go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ah yes the brakes. Here are the links to the upgrades I did for the brakes.
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...14/key_/tm.htm
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...15/key_/tm.htm
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW nice thank you on the mods and the link to the breaks tax season is coming so I’ll be able to do some modifications to mine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem any time man.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SWEET today we finally got some sun, the snow stopped after 8"s we waited till the trucks plowed the streets so we went to a clear parking lot had alot of fun of course with fun comes tragedy i lost control of the Jato and hit the sidewalk at full speed OUCH!!!!! [:@] tore up the front end, a couple of the left tie bars and the JATO RECEIVER BOX SERVO MOUNTS ....no biggie went to the hobby store and spend $24.00 to fix it... then it took me 2-hours to get it all fixed. tomorow the weather looks clear and mid 40's so more time to have FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice looking Jato you got there. glad your enjoying it. Any mods or is she all stock?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Nice looking Jato you got there. glad your enjoying it. Any mods or is she all stock?
    Yup all stock for now....lol there are a couple of RC swapmeets coming up and some RC stores that are with in driving distance, but to be honest that 3.3 is fast enough for me since im new at this....lol My cousin gave me an "Evader" body that he had laying around so i painted it and modified it to fit on the Jato and to my supprise it looks good, ill post some pics soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pretty nice. You should paint the rims a flat black. That would look awesome.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Already looking into painting them black ot get another set of rims and paint them flat black.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You just gave me an idea for my Savage. Thinking about doing that flat beige desert look like the M1 tank. Never painted the outside of a lexan body before but im sure its just like doing the inside.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah it was all faded and scuffed up before i painted it so i said why not paint the out side.... the best thing about flat colors on the out side is that when you scuff it you can always spray it and the paint will always match lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

guietnas- don't try to paint the outside of the body cause i did so on my first body my moons ago. It won't look as good it won't have that glossy look and everytime that body scrapes something you can tell and the paint will start flaking off due to vibration. And don't even think about if it flips over then its done. It will only look good rite atfer u paint it. BUT that does give me some idea's on a camelflodge serpant body saying U.S.ARMY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65708.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1375010  
    you think your stuff is fast, till you run me and i dog your a**.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: devo208

guietnas- don't try to paint the outside of the body cause i did so on my first body my moons ago. It won't look as good it won't have that glossy look and everytime that body scrapes something you can tell and the paint will start flaking off due to vibration. And don't even think about if it flips over then its done. It will only look good rite atfer u paint it. BUT that does give me some idea's on a camelflodge serpant body saying U.S.ARMY
    Devo208 in a way you are right but if you are a HARDCORE RC diver like some of us we really dont care if the body gets scuffed up during jumps and racing thats why i got a used body (free) and painted it on the OUTSIDE so that when it flips and gets scuffed i can repaint over it and go on about racing also if you prep the body correctly it will NOT FLAKE, now if you want a trophy looking Jato and not drive it then yes you are correct painting the ourside wont look good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: devo208

I see what your saying about the shine but I want to go more for that faded desert storm military look. Duplicolor has flexible automotive paint that I have used beore to paint a plastic bumper on an old Honda I once had. I figure sand the outside of the lexan with very fine sand paper, use primer, and then paint the body. I know it will get scratched but i already have pretty cars. LOL. I need a rugged looking truck. Promise you guys will not be disappointed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see what your saying about the shine but I want to go more for that faded desert storm military look. Duplicolor has flexible automotive paint that I have used beore to paint a plastic bumper on an old Honda I once had. I figure sand the outside of the lexan with very fine sand paper, use primer, and then paint the body. I know it will get scratched but i already have pretty cars. LOL. I need a rugged looking truck. Promise you guys will not be disappointed.
    PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL. I think i will use the stock body i have now on the Savage. When I post pics I will let you know. I just won't post them here since this is a Jato thread. I will probably post in the HPI MT thread.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey you can post them on the jato thread i've done so, where like a family and i show all my r/c's here.
    you think your stuff is fast, till you run me and i dog your a**.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah we dont discriminate......lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey did any of you guys read my post on page 127? I'm gonna get a bottom chassis plate for my jato and Iwant to know what's in store as far as labor hours?

Hey by the way that military look is awesome.

Quietnas you might still get that matte finish you are looking for if you paint the inside of the shell as you normally wood and you sand the outside with very fine paper. Either way Ithink it will look nice.

Medevack: you should put a machine gun in the back of that Jato.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jatosan what do you mean by the chassis bottom plate? If you mean the main chassis it took me about 3 hrs to switch everything over.