Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3610

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

i have the vgracing roll cage for my mgt 8.0 they make one for the jato as well, it fit the 8.0 mgt without any problems i am going to order one for my jato as for the cage u ask about i dont like there stuff its good but i have had problems with fit check out vgracing i got mine off ebay about the same price my cage is chrome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj24008.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1430345  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

are u having problems with the savage ? i am having problem with my mgt 8.0 the bushing in the starter on the motor slide out and it quit ordered a new back plate and starter shaft shouldn be running fine also my jato is awsome learned how to tune the buku it awsome ,i now own 2 buku and one buku outlaw on the mgt 8.0 ,had not been on in a while wanted to say whats up to u quitenas1
    Hey whats good man? Yeah had a little issue with a blown diff on the Savage. I tried to do a 15 foot back flip and landed on the rear tires at WOT. I explained to HPI customer service what had happened and they sent me the bullet proof diffs for free. Man they have amazing customer service.

The Savage will be getting a Buku soon. I just have to finish up on my other 2 projects. Once those are out of .y heaf I can focus on doing a few mods on the Savage and maybe getting a XL as well.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought some Moab tires for my Jato and was out in the yard bashing a little and all of a sudden the truck stopped moving. The engine runs and seems to be spinning but no movement. Could this be the clutch? transmission gears? Also once i figure out what is wrong what can I do so this does not happen again? Should I change the gearing to handle the bigger tires?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spartacuslv there are a few thingz you want to check. First make sure you slipper clutch is not loose, check the spurgear for flat spots, and check the gears in the tranny. My gears in the tranny went out twice bcuz I had the slipper clutch tightened down all the way for instant power. Now I run it with a very minimal amount of slipage and have not had an issue yet. Another thing. Are you running a steel spur gear? I had one on my Jato but never bothered to get a hardened clutch bell wich eventually ate away at the clutch bell. Check those out. If you have any other issues just post. We are all here to help.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well quitenas1 i love the buku but my transmission dont she is making a strange sound stopped still shifts runs good but when u stop it makes a noise sometimes it quite sometimes not i believe it is going out how hard was it to rebuild your trans thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was not hard at all. The toughest part was the diff but still the whole project took about 20 minutes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the info i think i am going with the steel gears higher but i will not have any more problems with the trans .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steel gears? From where?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

from ebay they have alu and steel but quietnas1 they are high

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmmm. I think I like my top speeds. Let me know how they work out for you. May still consider it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do u think it hurt top speed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am on the fence about upgrades. I know you guys are big BUKUfans and I have been to the site but I am still undecided. I am wondering how helpful it will be to my Jato.Top speed is really not my concern as I use my Jato mostly off road so I am wondering if I should just get a pipe designed for low end punch instead of spending extra on the BUKU. I want to rework my gear ratios and I am thinking of upgrading to a titanium driveshaft. All my upgrades have thus far been for durability rather than top speed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well the buku gives the best of both worlds ,low end and top end ,low was really improved its up to u, i have a small block model big block model and a buku outlaw on a 8.0 monsterous torque,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ihave a roll cage on my jato, it's great for those wheelie overs. I need to sandblast mine and recoat it though, it's a tad scratched now.

i have the vgracing roll cage for my mgt 8.0 they make one for the jato as well, it fit the 8.0 mgt without any problems i am going to order one for my jato as for the cage u ask about i dont like there stuff its good but i have had problems with fit check out vgracing i got mine off ebay about the same price my cage is chrome

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heres two....

Name:	Zx72404.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	1431681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43483.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	1431682  
    ...my jato punched your jato right in the nose

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my jato is a cinder block but it still gets quite the top speed going. i have every upgrade you can buy.period.im running all steel tranny gears with a steel spur.the gears were 170$ buit well worth it. theyll never burn up.it makes quite the sound with all metal gears purring away. www.hobbyetc. www.liquidrc have the gears as well as ebay. hotracing makes a lot of really cool high quality parts for the jato and both these sites have them all. shipping is always free at liquid....i sound like a commercial lol.they oughtta be payin me. its still pretty fast like i said but the important thing to me is my jato can take one hell of a punch and keep on truckin.i was launching it off a 4 foot snowbank flying 15 0r 16 feet at full speed and landing on flat pavement,nothing but scratches here and there.i can deal with a scratch.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love that second one, it looks like it would be easy to access parts of the car that the one i have makes difficult. Love those wheels also. Very cool pictures!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cut a lot of the steel off the one on the left to lighten it up.it made things easier to access as well. the integy on you can loosen either end and swivel it up like on a funny car its reall cool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[>:]here are some more pics

Name:	Xv63273.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	1431694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt62131.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	1431695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh15801.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	1431696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up48951.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	1431697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fc90359.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	1431698  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61195.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	1431699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh20793.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	1431700  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just recently got my jato 3.3, I love it but I am having an issue with it so i have to resolve that before i can start doing all those badazz upgrades. What is up with your exhaust? that is freaking AWESOME!...if i seem a tad excited over your upgrades, it's like i said i am just getting into the Jato setups haha.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do u think it hurt top speed
    I remember the old bronze ones were a slightly higher gearing. I cant really tell you about the steel ones.

Hey stinkypinky you have one hell of a good looking Jato man. Nice work. What kind of engine do you have on that thing?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its a stock 3.3 i just go get a new one every once in a while with the trade in deal.i have thought about going big block but im tellin ya shes plenty fast still for the kind of driving i do.ive had this jato for for years and its been a journey getting it where i wanted it.thanks for the comps. by the way...i dont use an exhaust for that particular setup.i just drilled a hole in my header for back pressure and lead some rubber tubing out the back...the truck stays cleaner that way....and you should hear it...its hot rod man..hotrod

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

stinkypinky the cage on the right who makes that i want one thanks oh i got ask how did u get that name lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stinkypinky that Jato looksbullet proof.My Jato isusedexclusivelly for bashingand off roadso I amreally liking your setup. Inever thought about getting a cagebefore but after checking out that black onein yourpicture I may change my mind.Looks pretty tough.

That exaust mod is nuts.I'll bet that thing is loud ashell.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where you get the dual brake system? the black one is from integy. the chrome one from rcsolutuions. the carbon fiber chassis plate is well worth the money and really lighter than you might think. it will NEVER break or bend.