Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3610

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

hi, sorry i didnt know where else to post this but i have a question. i ran into a problem with my jato 3.3. i have had it for a few years, and havnt had to many problems with it. i was running it the other day for the first time in a while, and all of a sudden, i lost remote control over the car. i couldnt steer the car, brake it, or make it accelerate. it just stopped recieving all commands i gave it. the car was just idleing. i changed the batterys in the back end of the car, as well as my remote batteries, and it still wont work. im not sure what is wrong with it. if anyone could get back to me or help me troubleshoot then that would be great. thanks.

also on a side note, my brake pad/assembly is pretty loose and i was wondering how i could go about tightening it up. it takes a long time for the car to come to a stop, due to a long braking distence and i would like to reduce that if i could.

thanks

if you have any questions about my problem i would be happy to answer them

edit: i think it is either a problem in my remote or a problem in the chip that receives the signel from my remote. (i forget what this is called). i was wondering if there is anything that is most likely wrong with it. when i turn on the switch located on the car, i can hear it engage power. so its not a battery problem. and the car is not out of range of the controller, as i have it sitting 3 feet from the car and no response.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Replace the wire harness... You know the little thing that holds the 4 batteries on the truck. The whole thing. I am going to my LHS today because mine has that sam problem the battery wire is severed.
    Ofna Jammin X1 Cr Pro with a Top .21
    E-Revo POS Edition
    Italian Engines Rock!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine also engages but I've had this problem before.

Ofna Jammin X1 Cr Pro with a Top .21
    E-Revo POS Edition
    Italian Engines Rock!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello everyone my jato has a problem the trans makes a squeeling noise at idle still pulls and shift any ideas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need a new pipe for my Jato. Just running stock right now. What do you guys recommend? I cant afford any BUKU stuff, wife will kill me. Just an all around good pipe. I only run on the street.

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry man i run buku it the best buku gave it so much power more my tranny when out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whats up fellas. Havent been here for awhile. Been bz working and running my trucks on my days off. Im gonna throw in my 2 cents on the Buku. Only pipe I run on my Jato. Absolutely insane!!!! Power galore and a great sound.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok guys i just got a traxxas jato and it wont roll freely, its really stiff, and when the car is started it feels lik sumtin is majorly hold it back, but its rolls really freely backwards, i put a new spur gear on it. would help if mayb loosened the screws?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jriemer43

ok guys i just got a traxxas jato and it wont roll freely, its really stiff, and when the car is started it feels lik sumtin is majorly hold it back, but its rolls really freely backwards, i put a new spur gear on it. would help if mayb loosened the screws?
    Why did you put on a new spur gear? Check your gear mesh. Also check to see if your brakes are on to tight. They should not be engaded at idle. Don't loosen any screws.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

will the picco .26 or .28 fit in the jato with out modifications??

ORIGINAL: laextreme

will the picco .26 or .28 fit in the jato with out modifications??
    No. You need a big block mount for 1, and for 2 IIRC you might have to shim the engine up a little bit on the mount itself. I know this is the case in some monster trucks. I only know of one person that put a big block in a jato and had success with it but he used a Mach 427 in his Jato with 1st gear disabled.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    I don't need the Internet, my wife knows everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

could i modify the stock mount to make it work?? im pretty good with working with metal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got my new TRX 3.3 engine dropped into it.
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

could i modify the stock mount to make it work?? im pretty good with working with metal.
    I just looked at my jato, and Unless you make some sort of adapter plate for the engine to sit on on top of the stock mount, maybe but then you'll have to run a much bigger clutch bell or spur gear to get it to mesh properly.

The holes on my Jato engine mount is about 14mm apart (2.5 Jato but 3.3 is same dimension), My big block motor mounts in the LST2's are about 24mm apart. The Jato engine mount does not have any extra metal to drill new holes into. There is a big block conversion motor mount you can buy for a Jato.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

ORIGINAL: cooldriver385

I just got my new TRX 3.3 engine dropped into it.
    Thats a smallblock - laxtreme wants to put a big block engine into his Jato which requires a different mount. The Stock one will not work for this purpose.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Here's a link to the New Era Models big block kit
    http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=3321
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

could i use the tmaxx mount and drill new holes in the chassis? the reason i just dont order the new era big block kit is cuz parents wont let me order parts online (only 16) and my local shop orders from horizon hobby and they dont carry it.

could i use the tmaxx mount and drill new holes in the chassis? the reason i just dont order the new era big block kit is cuz parents wont let me order parts online (only 16) and my local shop orders from horizon hobby and they dont carry it.
    I really doubt it. I dont know a whole lot about the T-Maxx, but I highly doubt you'll be able to just drill new holes, and have it work. You also have to keep in mind that a big block engine puts out quite a bit more power than a smallblock engine will so there will be added stress on all of the chassis components. If you try to make a smallblock mount work, it might bolt up but given the extra power it might crank and cause all sorts of problems.

I'd suggest saving your money and asking your parents to order the part for you. You can call New Era and order over the phone (have your folks do it for you.)

You might be able to make it work with stock parts, but I doubt it would work for very long. Thats just my opinion.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i already have the traxxas cvds and plan on gettin the steel tranny gears which should beef it.

i already have the traxxas cvds and plan on gettin the steel tranny gears which should beef it.
    Thats a start.. I'd be more concerned about the engine mount. Also be advised a regular big block header and pipe probably wont fit the Jato's chassis. I'd do a little more research before trying to shoehorn this thing together. If it were me (and mind you, I don't like OS engines) instead of going through the hassle of putting a .26 or .28 in it, I'd get an OS 21TM which uses the smallblock mount pattern and will drop right into any traxxas vehicle with little or no modifications. big block power in the space of a smallblock. OR stick with a 3.3 or Losi 3.4.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but how does the .21tm os compare to the picco .26?? closely related power?? im looking for top end speed like 70++.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

also which heade would i use for the .21tm?? and would the stock blue resonator pipe work?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#8777681 i read here that the .26 picco drops in tho...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys i a rebuilding a jato for a winter project.I have a brand new os18tm with resinator pipe that i have fitted and Talon 2.8 tyres.My question as about gearing.The most common opinion seems to be 20/54 on another forum but i was wandering what you guys think?Thanks for any info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is the exocarbon kit for the jato good? does it reduce weight? are the supension arms durable?
    Revo 5309: OS .21 TM, tekno, Spektrum, Buku*
    Jato 5507: Work in Progress
    Rustler 3.3, super basher