Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Rob6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

They don't leak? The ones i had on mine they leaked like Niagara falls.
-OS-
Old 07-02-2006, 03:36 PM
JATO_MastA

did you over fill it?
EDIT:if you know how the piggy back shocks work what happens is all the fluid in the main chamber goes to the piggyback part and the fluid goes back and forth(if its over filled then it will lwak beacause liquid does not compress.)
Old 07-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Rob6

No i dint over fill them. I know how they work and those dont really work. I have heard a lot of bad things about those.
-OS-
Old 07-02-2006, 10:06 PM
JATO_MastA

well we'll find out if there good or bad wen i get the shock oil.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
j2chulo

ORIGINAL: outwheelin

ORIGINAL: j2chulo

hey i recently crashed my jato. broke the top chassis plate. and im afrai the bottom metal place bent a lil it. I bough a new chassis for the top i put it in. Beside im having problem clalibrating the gas and air. when i get the car on and hit the throter the wheel doesn't spin. [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/jato/accessories/original/single-speedkit-LG.jpg]This part[/link] just spin in the air. i mean one its nah making the other one spin they nah touching each other. i was trying to move the motor lil bit back to have tese two wheel more close so they can spin
The gears don't touch ?? Just loosen the engine screws on the bottom and slide the engine back untill the gears are meshing corrrectly. Also check to make sure one of the gears are not missing any teeth or are chewed up (stripped gear).
Hey thanks for your advise Outwheelin. I did loose the bottom screws and just moved the engine and it fell in place now its working fine. the only problem im having its to calibrate the gas and air. I mean tuning the car up. its either too much gas or too much air. i dont know but i need to figure it out.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:47 AM
kb1200

Hey everyone. Im ordering my Jato this week and i need some help on what other things to get. The nearest hobby shop is an hour away and im ordering my car from some other site, ill be going to that one hobby shop to pick up fuel every once a month though. The thing i need to know is what else will i need for my Jato? I want to make sure i have everything i need cause i dont want to have to get the car finding out i didnt have something i need. I know i need a 7.2 volt battery and charger but i got all that because ive been doing electric for a while. I know i need some extra glow plugs and i have tons of tools. Is there anything else i need? Im confused to as to what if the car needs a special battery? Because i was reading this thread about battery placement and i thought you only need normal AA batteries for the car? Or do you need a 7.2v for the car? I've been doing electric for too long, so i finaly decided to go nitro. I am a nitro noob though. Help would be awesome!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
kb1200

Also im thinking of putting an Atomik F150 baja body on it, would that fit?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

kb1200 - you can start out useing AA batts for the reciever. But in the future you may want to get a batt pack. I use a 5 cell flat back in the rear compartment. Yeah get extra glow plugs. You may blow through some learning how to tune. I would suggest you get the RPM a-arms and front bumper. Also you are going to want to pick up some new tires. rears at the minimum. you will blow through the stock tires very quick.
for the body... I have seen some people put atomic bodies on jatos but I am not sure which truck they were ment for... I dont think atomic has a jato specific body yet.. but I could be wrong. my fav body is still the stocker. I am just lazy. I love to paint but hate to trim the bodies out... so I love that the stock body in clear comes all trimmed out!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:28 PM
kb1200

I think the atomik f150 bodies were meant for the associated rc10gt. It looks like it can fit, i mean they are both stadium trucks but that doesnt say much i guess. Also how long does it take to tune? Is it difficult?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM
j2chulo

Can somebody tell me whats the factory Jato setting on the needle? i need to tune my car up and i think i messed up the setting. any help? starting from like all tighten needle to how many loose turn?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
T I G

kb1200,
"how long does it take to tune" after break-in. From my experience, after I broke it in it was running great. I didnt have to touch anything for a while. After a few liters, its just a little adjustment here and there. BUT and a BIG BUT, this has not been with a Jato. I dont know or think it would be any different though.

j2chulo,
It doesnt give you factory specs in the owners manual. Hopefully someone will drop in with some info for you.

Good Luck Fellas
I should be getting my Jato in the next week or two
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 PM
4130 bmx

what are the pros and cons of a bigger cooling head? can you run a leaner mixture and still keep it cool enough to not burn the oil in the gas? also what kind of shock oil and springs are good for really big jumps??
Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
j2chulo

ORIGINAL: T I G

kb1200,
"how long does it take to tune" after break-in. From my experience, after I broke it in it was running great. I didnt have to touch anything for a while. After a few liters, its just a little adjustment here and there. BUT and a BIG BUT, this has not been with a Jato. I dont know or think it would be any different though.

j2chulo,
It doesnt give you factory specs in the owners manual. Hopefully someone will drop in with some info for you.

Good Luck Fellas
Thanks. well after i break in myt engine i took it to the hobby shop they tune it up for me but after i got home it didn't stay on. so i started touching the needle now its all messed up. I hope some one will post something good for me. lol
Old 07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
T I G

4130 bmx,
thats a good question(about the larger head). I am not sure about the shock either. Sorry

j2chulo,
Thats funny, I was going to suggest you bring it to your LHS. Hmmm if it got wacked out on the ride home, heck I would bring it back and tell him it still isnt running right (dont tell him you were messin with the needles). Ask him to go over each needle, high speed, low speed and idle speed. Once you get a basic setting, there isnt too much adjusting after that.
Good Luck
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 PM
4130 bmx

Can somebody tell me whats the factory Jato setting on the needle? i need to tune my car up and i think i messed up the setting. any help? starting from like all tighten needle to how many loose turn?
hsn 4 turns out from all the way closed and lsn flush
Old 07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
kb1200

Are integys worth buying though? They seem expensive but if thats the price to pay for something that can take a really hard beating...
Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 AM
kb1200

So the stock jato body is

Length: 15.75" (400.05mm)
Width: 5.5" (139.7mm)
Height: 4" (101.6mm)

And the Atomik is

Length: 15.50" (394mm)
Width: 6.00" (152mm) -at center
Height: 4.50" (114mm) -cut-out

Does that look like it would fit?
Old 07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
mihaelbencek

hi there

here is my new jato with RB 523 engine and a lot of tuning parts, i hope you like it

Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Rob6

I would cut some holes in the front of the body for vents or say bye bye to the RB
-OS-
Old 07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Snipin_Willy

Looks like a shelf queen.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

Looks like a shelf queen.
No that you bring that up it dos. I guess you would call mine a shelf queen.......
for the night that is [>:]
-OS-
Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 PM
j2chulo

ORIGINAL: 4130 bmx

hsn 4 turns out from all the way closed and lsn flush
4130 on which needle all three? high speed, low speed and idle speed? so i will close all three and then go 4 complete turn open (loose)?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Rob6

NO the HSN is 4 turns out from closed. LSN is flush.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 PM
4130 bmx

ORIGINAL: 4130 bmx

what are the pros and cons of a bigger cooling head? can you run a leaner mixture and still keep it cool enough to not burn the oil in the gas? also what kind of shock oil and springs are good for really big jumps??
Old 07-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Redrkt

ORIGINAL: T I G

kb1200,

j2chulo,

Good Luck Fellas
actually with the my jato I have not had to touch a thing since breakin and it runs fantastic, well other than changing rear tires and wheels that is. they were wasted after about 1/2 gallon of fuel thru it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.