Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Yeah, I went to order my Jato from Tower hobbies last week, out of stock till futher notice. I found her out in washington state from a hobby dealer on ebay, just as good a price as tower hobbies. I can't wait till it arrives.

Used to be Tower was outstanding on prices, parts stock everything, but lately, they have not been doing nearly as good, I can find better prices, quicker service. Don't get me wrong I loved tower hobbies, they did great by me, but now there not near as good. I would still highly reccomend them, but I would also shop around.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:02 AM
planefan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just broke in the Jato, you guys are right, this thing ROCKS! I am totally impressed with the top speed and power. With that said, you know that power can only be placed to the ground with the right tires! After about 8 tanks, on pavement, the rear tires are about shot.
Are there any of the 2.8 rear tires out yet? I love the Jato wheels, and do not want to change to another set. What do you guys reccomend, or do you know that a selection of the 2.8 tires are on the way?

I mostly run on the street, some grass, and some on a baseball infield.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Kemo

Wow, another fellow minnesotan.

Back to tower... their instock items seem to be at an all time low, and they are still losing more by the day. I am not shopping tower anymore, simple as that.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
cetme308

I just got my shirts, tires and AE parts from tower. Guess they only stock the good stuff.

Take is easy. Does any online store currently have jato parts in? If you say yes, you better have a email to prove it. Tower is honest about their stock, thats a rare thing for a online place.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
jr29

Last night I took it to the track to race last time out I had to leave it parked do to no set up time. It will take awhile to learn this style of driving first 10th scale normal a 4wd truck or truggy.

My set up last night was bowtie rear, 45 frt/35 rear 30k in frt.
Once I get the temps where I need them and the slipper set where it need to be this thing is going to fly as I was able to make a triple that can be tough for a Revo if not hit correct.
This jato is tough was running after all 4 races and yes it took some hits This thing is going to make me a better driver in the thr long run.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:04 PM
<conrad>

xtmbasher - I can not speak for the Jato being all the way rasid up and mashers on for bashing... But last sunday I went to a bash meet near Dallas TX and it heald up great. We were on a large open parking lot so I put on street tires that I had for my Rusty. I was going off jumps guys had for their MTs and I had no issues at all. The Jato is really good in flight. I did try to go off the jumps at angles a few times and fliped the truck and was very impressed that nothing broke. I would say the longest jump was well over 6 or 7 feet high and a guess at about 20 feet long landing on pavement. I jumped a few tanks full and then was in drag races ... bashed hard all day with no issues. I am extremely pleased so far
is ur jato stock?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:07 PM
<conrad>

and i was wondering did any of u guys/girls race aginst a mt2, my buddy is gettin one and im gettin the jato he says he will toast me on grass and that id only win on cement any of u guys have this experience?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Kemo

In stock: http://www.hobbytron.com/Traxxas-Jato-Nitro.html
Old 05-27-2005, 05:06 AM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

With the right tires xtmbasher you will smoke the mt2
Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 AM
<conrad>

lol thats what i thought
Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

xtmbasher - my Jato is stock... The only thing I have done was put on street tires for running in parking lots.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:50 PM
planefan1

Hey guys,

still have not heard back from any of you on the 2.8 tires. Also, does anyone notice that the frame (chassis) gets very hot after a full tank of fuel? Is this commom. I dont remember this happining on the TMax.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Unbreakable207

Yes, the chassis does get warm.. This is because of the aluminum mount that connects to the engine, since it's all aluminum the heat transfers significantly well.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:50 PM
R_man_5k

My rusty will get hot like that some times too. But I have noticed it more on the Jato. The heat will transfer and disipate that way....

I have not seen any other 2.8 tires ... just stock. Traxxas is going to put out more soon they say. Also Pro Line may too. I really hope they do.

I hope proline comes out with some Jato specific bodies soon. The stock looks great, but I have to give it the personal touch.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:16 PM
planefan1

THANKS GUYS,
I started to get worried about the heat, but now I am all better! Also, thanks for the tire info, I will just have to wait. The wheels look too nice to already replace!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: planefan1

THANKS GUYS,
I started to get worried about the heat, but now I am all better! Also, thanks for the tire info, I will just have to wait. The wheels look too nice to already replace!

Yea but waiting stinks too. Get some rpm rustler claws and some gladiators less than $60 or get road hawgs if your a street guy.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Unbreakable207

I got a full set of tires/wheels for 40 shipped off ebay. Ebay is duh shet.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Kemo

I still have never ebay'd
Old 06-01-2005, 07:00 AM
planefan1

Hey guys,

Just found out, try not to spill any fuel on the body. THe factory installed stickers are not fuel resistant. The sticker on the passenger window dried up immediatly. Some of you dont care how the truck looks, but when I spend $350 on something, I want to keep it looking good. This will also help with the future resale value.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Medrivfast

Hey guys,

Just found out, try not to spill any fuel on the body. THe factory installed stickers are not fuel resistant. The sticker on the passenger window dried up immediatly. Some of you dont care how the truck looks, but when I spend $350 on something, I want to keep it looking good. This will also help with the future resale value.
Scratching up the body is half the fun. Once you damage the body then you get another body and design it yourself.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: Medrivfast

Hey guys,

Scratching up the body is half the fun. Once you damage the body then you get another body and design it yourself.
i agree. I just ripped the whole rear end of my stock body. I am on my way to the hobbyshop right now, they just got some clear Jato bodies in. Yay
Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 AM
R_man_5k

Last night I gave my Jato a big radio upgrade... I went with a Futaba T3PK radio and added the Spektrum system. The radio does way more than I know what to do with and I can not believe how much affect it had on the control. Now I just need to upgrade the servos and will feel the affects even more!!!

I also started painting a new body. I picked up a clear jato body at the LHS...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:37 PM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

do you know how to change the rear bumper/battery holder. i put a battery pack in the center an i can't find out how to change the rear bumper. just thought it would look cooler. thanks
Old 06-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: ELMOBSTER

do you know how to change the rear bumper/battery holder. i put a battery pack in the center an i can't find out how to change the rear bumper. just thought it would look cooler. thanks
There is a screw coming from inside the diff cover to the battery box. So you remove the cover of the box, then the 2 screw inside the box, then the 2 under the chassis by lookng at the replacement bumber you can tell which ones to remove from the bottom of the chassis. Then tug on it a little and the whole assembly with the diff cover will come off. Be careful because your so your diff bearings and diff doesnt come out. You will be able to tell how to put it back together. Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 PM
R_man_5k

I have added a 3PK radio with a Spektrum to my Jato.. it rocks!!!
I have also painted a new lid. I plan to do another one soon... I kind of rushed this one... plus on the next one I am going to use the window decals on the inside durring painting so I can have clear windows...
[link]http://home.comcast.net/~jefferywross/wsb/media/310623/site1061.JPG[/link]
[link]http://home.comcast.net/~jefferywross/wsb/media/310623/site1062.JPG[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.