Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 AM
spartacuslv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Ok so I can leave the batteries where they are. I guess I will look into the up graded chasis. How do you feel about plastic vs aluminum parts? I think the aluminum looks way cooler but people say it will add weight which in turn creates more force to break said parts. I just want to build up the truck to be as bullet proof as possible and still be able tohave fun with it. I want to run it on the street the dirt and even the track.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

i vouch for rpm parts, atleast for my revo but they have some for the jato aswell.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/Jato.htm
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aluminum is good for small things like the brake linkages and shock towers. Other than that I would not use it. Personally I only have it on the brake linkages. Everything else is plastic or RPM. I also have the silver light weight chassis and love it. I use the center mounted battery location to stop the truck from popping wheelies so much. For the street I use the stock shocks and springs. I lower it all the way down and use 55wt shock oil in the front and 75wt in the back to prevent the truck from botteming out. I also use Jaco foam tires for the street. For off road I raise the truck and use ProLine Badlands tires. Since I barely run it off road I dont change the shock oil but I would recomend using 35wt in front and 45wt in back.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Mspeed

Running a alum. shock tower in the rear on a jato is a bad idea. The plastic one will flex and break if it gets hit hard, the alum. one will transfer the impact to your tranny case and crack or break that and its much harder to replace. I have a extra plastic tower in my tool box just incase, only one time out of many years have i had to replace it. The weak spots on the jato are as follows, the front plate, the tie rods pull out of front end, the roll hoop on the right side can crack off the top plate, the tranny gears are a bit weak and blow out fast on a well broken in 3.3(especially with bigger tires), brakes are a bit weak, the throttle servo casing is prone to cracking. Those are probably most common issues id work on. Good news is they all have fixes except the tranny gears, only thing i found was the hotracing metal (not alum.) gears.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
jbrobertsonjr

anyone have a mgt 8.0 i just bought one and a rc8 1/8
Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
spartacuslv

How do you raise and lower the truck?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 PM
spartacuslv

Ok thanks for the help. I found out today the the front is fragile I broke the front plate Ibelieve. As for the rest as things happen I will address them.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:30 PM
spartacuslv

What do you guys think about the roll cages you can buy? Do they work? Are they worth it?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: spartacuslv

How do you raise and lower the truck?
The shocks are threaded and have a ring around them that s you turn t clock wise it compresses the spring raising it. Kind of like a coil over shock on a real car.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
spartacuslv

Oh ok Idid not think that would make that much diiference it does not look like it would raise or lower it all that much.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
spartacuslv

What if any is the benifit of changing to a single speed transmission?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
spartacuslv

I keep seeing every one using the dish style wheels and it says they are able to be dyed. Has anyone ever done this and did it work well. I would like a set of black ones.

Also I was looking on the Traxxas site and in there some where is a break down for how to build the ultimate Jato basher. Have any of you seen this and what do you think of his set up. I really like the way that truck looks and the stance is awesome. Any advice on if it is worth it to try to get mine to look like that.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 AM
supersiz86

The way I lower my truck is, I take the springs off, unscrew the top of the shock and drain the oil (be sure to save oil you will need it). Next I take the nut, washer,and plastic plunger off. cut yourself a 1/4 inch piece (you can go smaller but I wouldn't go any bigger) of fuel tubing, by Leaving the rod inside the plastic shock housing place the fuel tubing on the rod and push it down. Next you put you brake oil back in the plastic plunger, washer, and nut go back in. Then put the top Back on the housing and the reinstall the shocks. That is how I run my jato and It hasn't flipped once with the mod, with out the mod it was always on it's top. Hope it helps
Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
quietnas1

I just use the thread on the shocks to adjust the hieght. Makes a huge differance.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
jbrobertsonjr

quietnas1 i just installed buku on my jato ,will run soon also put one one the menace, and the mgt 8.0 will soon be getting a buku outlaw muffler
Old 03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
JatoSan

I keep seeing every one using the dish style wheels and it says they are able to be dyed. Has anyone ever done this and did it work well. I would like a set of black ones.

Also I was looking on the Traxxas site and in there some where is a break down for how to build the ultimate Jato basher. Have any of you seen this and what do you think of his set up. I really like the way that truck looks and the stance is awesome. Any advice on if it is worth it to try to get mine to look like that.

Dish wheels are easy to dye all you have to do is get someRitDye fabric dye(Target or Wal Mart will have these)and follow instructions. All you do is throw wheelsin large pot and pour in solution andlet the color "cook"into them. The longer you leavethemin the waterthe darker thecolor. Check out mywheels. As faras the UltimateOff RoadJato build on the Traxxas site,there is some good info there.Bearin mind thatthis is basically an advertisement to get you to buy more Traxxasstuff but theinfo on shocks and setups is especially useful. One thing that is not on this build thatIhighly recommendare RPMarms and front bumper. I based some of the stuff on my Jato on the info from thisbuild.I recommend you start with the wheels asthis will give you the biggestbenefit for off road purposes. I would then work my way up into shock setup and other stuff. I like the Pro-Line Moabs which give me good ground clearance.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:59 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

quietnas1 i just installed buku on my jato ,will run soon also put one one the menace, and the mgt 8.0 will soon be getting a buku outlaw muffler
It is one hell of a pipe. Some don't like the fact that you also need to tune the pipe but it is a world of differance and sounds great too. I suggest you read the manuel carefully. Just follow the instructions and gou will be fine. It's not hard at all.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
quietnas1

Jatoson your Jato looks sick with all that mud on it. Love it.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
spartacuslv

I like those black wheels what kind are they??
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 PM
spartacuslv

Thanks I will try that with the wjheels. I like the moabs as well they look sick. I kind of saw into the buy every replacement piece we have but looking beyond that I can say I like the look and stance of that truck. I have already bought the RPM controls arms after breaking the stockers and I for see a bumper in my future.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
quietnas1

They are Jaco foams on Prism wheels painted with a black Sharpie marker lol.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
mertymen

Hi all. What silicone oil comes with the Hard Anodized Teflon-Coated GTR shocks for the jato 3.3??? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM
spartacuslv

I would assume those are street tires right? I like that look it is tight.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 PM
quietnas1

I would assume those are street tires right? I like that look it is tight.
They are foam so they can only be used on the street.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

bet you'd get in some great drifting with them, are they sort of like slicks are on full size cars?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.