Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

nitro evader problems need help please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro evader problems need help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:05 PM
guitrz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro evader problems need help please

I got it used, so I dont have any paperwork on it, I guess Im kinda shafted there, I was hoping I would be able to put a rippin motor on it
Old 06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: guitrz6

Well the results are in, Shes definitely blown. So is it possible to put a 21 or a 25 in an evader? or an Overdrive?
geez man... tell ya what, I've got a smallblock chevy engine in the garage, bring your evader over and we'll get 'er mounted..

if you go get yourself an OS .18 cv-rx, you'll have plenty of power, in fact probably too much power. I put one in mine now, I slow down then crack the throttle it stands up on the back tires.. it's a screaming engine.. it's cheaper than the stock DTX engine, and a direct bolt in.. check it out, you'll like it..

Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 PM
suprcop67
My Feedback: (3)

i had the same problem with mine and i put in as O.S. .15 cv x , it is a direct bolt on with no changes and it runs like a swiss watch. and is sick fast. i race gas stadium oval track with it and outrun nitro rustlers
Old 08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

OS cv .12 .15 .18 will drop right in the evader...the .18 is alotta power probably too much for dirt running if you mainly run on asphault go for the .18 on dirt I'd go for a .15 or .12....they cost like $100....I got a .18 on mine and it's a ripper...not as fast as the Jato but it's snappy...will wheelie at anytime on demand...hell of alot more durable than them duratrax engines also...those are os rejects
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
jnatale3

When I had that problem with my evader bx, my pull start would pull very easily after dying out. It turns out my compression dropped too low when the engine heat expanded the sleeve, and then after 15 minutes it would start again once the compression came back up. Maybe you should try to see if you can turn the fly wheel with one finger easily. If you have little or no resistance, try a new piston and sleeve, otherwise, sounds like a plug.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:42 PM
mizr3en

please help. After i start my nitro evader and start to applie throttle it will freak out and go full throttle with out me giving it any throttle. it will stop if i applie the break. I tried to change all the batteries in it and it still does it. what should i do?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:04 AM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

ok to the first one.. the books information is wrong
the needles should be hs 2.5 -3 and the low should be roughly 2 or less
its stalling because the low side is rich as he77 turn it in gently back it out 1.5 turns and try .. keep an eye on your temps tho

for the last post you have something metal pinging against the motor or exhaust causing it to freak out.. it happened to me
when i first built the roll cage for my evader st the metal cage was vibrating against the muffler and causeing massive radio
interference.. otherwise you may have a bunk servo internal board on the throttle that can cause irratic actions
start by checking for metal to metal contact making vibrations thatd be my guess then find a spare servo
and change that one if it persists then change the reciever .. its all it could be.."as far as a radio problem"
Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 AM
FredNitroJunk

ORIGINAL: rcfinatic

my evader did the EXACT same thing yours did and when i took to the hobby shop they tore it down and the piston/sleeve was worn out. from running to lean
same for me, can't keep it run once hot, can't keep any idle. i change the piston and sleeve. one break in later, pow! brand new rocket...