RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato vs 50mph 4WD electric?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:10 PM
infernalstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jato vs 50mph 4WD electric?

The Jato is gonna get hosed.

The dude obviously has a LOT of money in his electric. And it sounds like it's just a drag race. The electric will very likely out accelerate the Jato. The tires on the Jato are gone. I'd wager they'd probably slip. Yes, slicks work better on pavement, but we're talking very soft compound slicks. I doubt the Traxxas tires are soft compounds.

On the other side of the coin, I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone with a nitro truck with several hundred dollars would turn around and stomp the electric. We have no idea what this electric has in it. It could be running a top of the line brushless system.

And for the guy who asked to be shown a fast electric.... go look up just about any brushless electric. Heck, go check out the Micro forums. There's cars in there that'd probably whoop BOTH the vehicles in question.

But really..just race the dude for a sack of Taco Bell. It's like in poker. You don't bet unless you have a winning hand.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Medrivfast

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: yoster

ORIGINAL: Medrivfast

I don't see how you can have any traction with those tires. Now go and get some Dirt Hawgs and you will have superb grip at WOT from the start.
They are racing on the street... you don't want tread. Ever see the tires on a NASCAR or Indy Car?? You wont find tred unless its an indy race in wet conditions.
You have never used dirt hawgs have you? lol

Dirt hawgs STINK on offroad, but for some strange reason they work extremely well onroad...
I was talking about the Dirt Hawgs for onroad. My Dirt Hawgs have better grip onroad than my speedhawgs at WOT on takeoff. The only problems about Dirt Hawgs is that they balloon up going 40-50mph. I think that they are slipping a little when they do that. But it's just funny to watch them do that. They never ballooned when i was at 20%. But now that i'm at 33% they are ballooning.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Medrivfast

I have a 1/18 Mini Quake with a brushless motor, Mamba 25 Speed controller and a lithium battery. This thing can and will do 40mph. But the down fall. I can't go WOT or i will wheelie or spin out of control. Or snap something.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
BugattiFreak

about the conditions, its going to be fairly sunny, 75-80 degrees. dry pavment, black. the track is exactly a 1/10 scale quarter mile. 132 feet....
Old 07-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Medrivfast

Whe are you going to race?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:44 AM
samisnake

if you had the nitro equilivant of the other guys car, id say u would have a good chance. an r40, impulse pro, v one. just because its electric, dont underestimate it, which is what you are doing bugatti. ur racing a car which is lighter, faster off the line, and uve got a STOCK stadium truck. id put money on the electric
Old 07-06-2005, 06:56 AM
gerwen

I'm with ThunderbirdJunkie,
I would bet this isn't the first Jato that electric guy has raced. If his car is stock, you will beat him. But if he wouldn't challenge you if it was stock. With the right mods, that XXX-S can not only beat you, it can make your jato look slow.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:33 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

On that short of a raced he should smoke you if his electric is anything decent. If you want to have a shot tell him to double the distance or maybe make it an even 1/10th mile, then you should be able to crush him.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 AM
losixxx-nt

ORIGINAL: yoster

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Nothing could be further from the truth.
those are STOCK TRAXXAS TIRES. they're a very hard compound, and on most NORMAL pavement surfaces, grip is lessened by running a full slick.
you're best off with something like Road Rages (WITH tread) unless you're running on a prepared track.
You get my point tard :P. A tire of equal compound.. one a slick and the other treaded.. the slick is going to grip better every time on dry pavement. Yeah next time i go to the drags i'll try running my street tires instead of my drag slicks.. and watch my time drop a full second lol... no. I didnt read the part about it being a traxxas tire.. so that was my fault [&o]
yeah but the drag strip is a prepared surface with rubber compound on it
if there is any sand at all the slicks are going to spin more compared to some treaded tires
Old 07-06-2005, 09:01 AM
losixxx-nt

yoster what car do you have?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 AM
EdsWords

I think TBrid has hit the nail on the head with this thread.

What exactly is the bet again? If its just for fun and no money, go for it. But, if its for serious cash or something else. Forget it.

Watch a touring car race once and you'll understand.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: infernalstone
It's like in poker. You don't bet unless you have a winning hand.

Actually no, that's how you lose. I've been playing poker for years and years for money, and if you play that way you will get chewed up.

Butta- check out the dudes car, if its stock, it will only hit like 28mph, but it will accelerate much quicker.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
XDD

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

i have no clue why people think electrics are so good. please show me.... add a link or somthing, SHOW ME A FAST ELECTRIC!!!!
Wow, that statement right there answered your question.... you will get your ass BEAT!!

Run-time on electrics suck (well, at 1/10th scale size anyway, that's why I am a 1/18 guy now) but it's MUCH easier to make an electric go A LOT faster.

If you don't have a clue what your opponent is capable of with his car, I suggest you do some research. You might save yourself from buying a soda...
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
InfinitySpeed04

The electric is going to win in those conditions. the jato wont be able to accellerate fast enough. Hey if you want to go for it. I sure wouldnt
Old 07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
infernalstone

ORIGINAL: Unbreakable207

Actually no, that's how you lose. I've been playing poker for years and years for money, and if you play that way you will get chewed up.
Depending on how you play, yea. But that's beside the point, and I think everyone got the point I was making.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

I did get the point though,

Bugga, a decent brushless system will outperform a nitro easily. I've seen video of a 70mph E-MAXX!, and it was crazy.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
David D

And emaxx's weight about 10 pounds the xxx-s only wieghts about 3 pounds so think about it. Plus the r/c world speed record is held by an electric that went 111 mph.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
thekaboom

I did get the point though,

Bugga, a decent brushless system will outperform a nitro easily. I've seen video of a 70mph E-MAXX!, and it was crazy.
do u have a link or something? i would like to see that..
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
InfinitySpeed04

I'm telling you, I might be a big nitro person but, this time even I have to say that a nitro is going to be crushed in this race.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 PM
BugattiFreak

ill race him for sh*ts and giggles, then ill report back to you on who won. also, ill bring my camera along, and maybe my bro can video tape it.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:40 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: infernalstone
It's like in poker. You don't bet unless you have a winning hand.

Butta- check out the dudes car, if its stock, it will only hit like 28mph, but it will accelerate much quicker.
stock?
how is it possible to have a STOCK Losi XXX buggy of any sort? their buggies, 4wd or 2wd, have never been offered as RTR's EVER.
so if it's stock, it CAN INDEED hit whatever speed it's built for. THEY ARE ONLY KITS.
you RTR guys are so narrow minded...
i suppose my .12 TR powered, Futaba-radio'd, novak receiver'd, hitec-and-futaba servo'd XXXNT AD2 isn't stock?
I say bugatti freak should race him for $100.
he'll definitely win. oh yeah.
do it bugatti. i'll make a bet with you
IF YOU LOSE NEVER START ANOTHER THREAD AGAIN
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

how is it possible to have a STOCK Losi XXX buggy of any sort? their buggies, 4wd or 2wd, have never been offered as RTR's EVER.
I think the car hes racing is going to be a TC (XXX-S). If you look back to the very first post he put a link to the RTR version of it.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

he said 4wd buggy I thought
Old 07-07-2005, 05:30 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

where are you going to race Bugattifreak? I might want to come watch...
Old 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

he said 4wd buggy I thought
Maybe so. I didnt pay much attention to any of the posts in this thread untill he started bashing on electric cars, at which point I posted about one of mine that goes just as fast (maybe faster?) as his Jato, and one that would absolutely crush it in any kind of on-road race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.