Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato: Piece of CRAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:56 AM
cameorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato: Piece of CRAP!

ok your link for the jato with the .23 isnt working for me. and how do u know that all the gears are stock he didnt say it couldent handel it he said it couldent handel it if it was stock if u beef up everything it can.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

the .23 in question is a T-maxx drop in motor. however, it uses a different motor mount. I'd like to see this, as I barely believe it myself.
BTW, on my way to traxxas's forums now to get banned
Old 07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
EdsWords

I just did some surfing over at the Hobby People web site. For the price of a Jato ($360) you can get a RTR Excellerator $230 AND a race version (kit) $130. Thats an amazing deal. You will literaly have every spare part and an RTR for the same price as one single Jato. I'm not trading my RC10GT, but I'm curious at those prices why we don't see more Excellerators.

The second question is how is Traxxas getting away with charging almost a $100 more than any other RTR stadium truck. For $275 the Jato would be a fun alternative to a real race truck, but at $360 I would be looking for something else.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

totally agreed.
I think it's the fact that Tower doesn't sell both them, and a ton of replacement/hopup parts that's killing the x-c
the Evader ST is more or less identical and it sells like hotcakes.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

ThunderBirdJunkie, I like their forums because people aren't so many ignerant people, and there are so many helpful threads for performance and troubleshooting. They at least have control of their forums, rc universe has some of the worst moderators around. Also this place is flooded with kids who love to start defamation, if you even know what that is.

This Jato sh*t has to end. "my car is faster than yours" stfu, it's f*cken ridiculous.

"The Jato sucks, its not what it's hyped up to be" ok that's your opinion but don't drag it throughout the thread.

This forum is motivated on talking sh*t about other cars, I see hardly ANY useful threads / troubleshooting ideas.

Grow some b@lls.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: RC Prodigy

ORIGINAL: badz

I own both...XTM is crap and slow even with the O.S. .18 CV-RX which by the way took some heavy modifying to get into the XTM X-Cell...The Jato smears the xcell in longer runs...sure the xcell and duratrash are faster with os .18's on them but consider the Jato's a .15. But anyhow be please with your xtm cause I have yet to see a decent product made by xtm period. Also if it took your LHS 10 minutes to start a Jato that was brand new he's in the wrong business. Not to mention I don't know any LHS that prefers XTM's over Traxxas.
Well maybe you don't have a clue what the hell you are doing then because my O.S. .18 CV-RX with 11J Rotary Carb went right in without a single modification. Your lying here cause the OS Exhaust, Shaft and Carb linkage is way different not to mention the crap design XTM Clutch setup won't work without serious mods on ANY OS engine.And maybe you didnt put it in right and thats why the jato smears it. Another Lie....Jato's Faster plain and simple...XTM is lighter and still slower...deal with it. And just to clear this up, the engine had already been broken in, and had the better part of a gallon of fuel, I asked the guy. So, it wasn't a brand new engine.

And as for the power difference in between the XTM .18 and O.S. .18 CV-R, the O.S. was dyno'd at 1.8HP while I dunno about the XTM but I'm quite sure it wasn't over 1.5HP The OS .18cv-R(X) is dyno'd at 1.35 not 1.8

And as far as "that guy is stupid for starting a thread just to say how much a truck sucks" well then if you don't like it, don't post. End of story. Your truck is so bad, so cool lets see a video of it smearing a Jato as you say....also Radar Guns have capability of printouts to the car for record. Post the gun's results. I've had mine clocked by a friend whom is a sheriff...XTM does 46MPH...the Jato 53MPH.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Unbreakable207

ignerant people
"ignerant" people? like those that can't spell IGNORANT?

Grow some b@lls.
I have em. let's just wait for yours to descend
Old 07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
everspeed

Unbreakable wrote:

This Jato sh*t has to end. "my car is faster than yours" stfu, it's f*cken ridiculous.

"The Jato sucks, its not what it's hyped up to be" ok that's your opinion but don't drag it throughout the thread.

This forum is motivated on talking sh*t about other cars, I see hardly ANY useful threads / troubleshooting ideas.
I think arguing is fun from time to time. (lol)
Old 07-07-2005, 07:56 PM
RC Prodigy

I own both...XTM is crap and slow even with the O.S. .18 CV-RX which by the way took some heavy modifying to get into the XTM X-Cell...The Jato smears the xcell in longer runs...sure the xcell and duratrash are faster with os .18's on them but consider the Jato's a .15. But anyhow be please with your xtm cause I have yet to see a decent product made by xtm period. Also if it took your LHS 10 minutes to start a Jato that was brand new he's in the wrong business. Not to mention I don't know any LHS that prefers XTM's over Traxxas.
Well maybe you don't have a clue what the hell you are doing then because my O.S. .18 CV-RX with 11J Rotary Carb went right in without a single modification. Your lying here cause the OS Exhaust, Shaft and Carb linkage is way different not to mention the crap design XTM Clutch setup won't work without serious mods on ANY OS engine.And maybe you didnt put it in right and thats why the jato smears it. Another Lie....Jato's Faster plain and simple...XTM is lighter and still slower...deal with it. And just to clear this up, the engine had already been broken in, and had the better part of a gallon of fuel, I asked the guy. So, it wasn't a brand new engine.

And as for the power difference in between the XTM .18 and O.S. .18 CV-R, the O.S. was dyno'd at 1.8HP while I dunno about the XTM but I'm quite sure it wasn't over 1.5HP The OS .18cv-R(X) is dyno'd at 1.35 not 1.8

And as far as "that guy is stupid for starting a thread just to say how much a truck sucks" well then if you don't like it, don't post. End of story. Your truck is so bad, so cool lets see a video of it smearing a Jato as you say....also Radar Guns have capability of printouts to the car for record. Post the gun's results. I've had mine clocked by a friend whom is a sheriff...XTM does 46MPH...the Jato 53MPH.

Oh so now I'm LYING? Yea real smart dude. Maybe you are mistaken about the type of engine you have. The only thing I had to do was add the mount spacers that O.S. PROVIDES WITH THE ENGINE.

This is the engine I have:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGGP7&P=ML

Yes everything besides the engine and exaust header is stock. No modification required at all. It isn't my fault you are mistaken about the model of engine you have.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 PM
rushdude

I am tired of all the people hyping about the jato being the next big racer. If it was going to be such a good racer traxxas would of made a kit version first. Their rtr comes with an illegal engine and a 2 speed. I know the 1 speed conversion is only 10 bucks but the a competitive engine would be more. The jato is a good truck but it isn't worth $360. The most I would ever pay for it would be $300. I don't know why so many people got sucked into buying this truck. Its the t-maxx 2.5 all over again.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:52 PM
badz

Oh so now I'm LYING? Yea real smart dude. Maybe you are mistaken about the type of engine you have. The only thing I had to do was add the mount spacers that O.S. PROVIDES WITH THE ENGINE.

This is the engine I have:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGGP7&P=ML

Yes everything besides the engine and exaust header is stock. No modification required at all. It isn't my fault you are mistaken about the model of engine you have.
Hate to resort to this but dude your a f'ing idiot. PROVE you've done this engine upgrade I HAVE AND KNOW WHAT IT TAKES!!

This looks like a OS18-CV-R to me how about you?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92419.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	294796  
Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: Unbreakable207

this is why this whole forum is sh*t.

This forum is just full of bickering kids. Traxxas has much better forums.. w/e..
agreed in many ways
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM
kingtuts
Banned

what do u expect? its a traxxas traxxas sucks hard monkey cong
Old 07-07-2005, 10:05 PM
A.B.U

*** is up with everyone and Traxxas? Traxxas is one of the best of the r/c car manufacturing companies, if you can't accept that their products are some of the best than **** off, and mind your own business. Didn't your parents ever teach you? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't open your mouth.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Combatcm

The argument is about price vs car. It just hit me that the jato was 360...wow that's expensive. The T maxx is almost the same price. And the T maxx is quite expensive.

An XTM mammoth is $350

An Xcellerator RTR is $230

Xterminator 1/8th scale RTR is $320

RC10GT plus RTR is $270

Nitro evader RTR is $250

OFNA ravager RTR $350

TNX RTR $350

REVOs are $470

The main thing I believe is traxxas capitalizing off peoples ignorance. Most people who buy traxxas cars are die hard fans of them (see the people on the traxxas forums for example). They will buy anything that traxxas comes out with, even the overpriced traxxas cars and trucks. People wait for traxxas to come out with another car...and then it ends up as an race illegal 2wd stadium truck that goes 55+ mph...wait did I just say it goes 55+mph I need to buy one now because it goes so fast, though it's so expensive.

Sure it's a toy, I don't care where people spend there money on, I would'nt care if someone raced one because it does'nt have any advantages, the 2 speed would make it handle worse. I am against capitalising off of ignorance.

Now go buy a ravager or a TNX!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 PM
BugattiFreak

this thread has gone on long enough. who gives a danm about someones stupid opinion. there are two things that should be on forums, help and suggestions, even though they are pretty much the same thing. stop posting you opinions, especialy if no one cares what you think, unless they ask for it, PLEASE!!!!!!. i guess you dont care what i think so ill stop typing.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
anty

Most people who buy traxxas cars are die hard fans of them (see the people on the traxxas forums for example). They will buy anything that traxxas comes out with, even the overpriced traxxas cars and trucks.

These are called Fanboys....

Also known as the "Fool" part of the "and his money are soon seperated"

What beats me about this whole Jato thing is... If you can't race it, then what are you going to do with it?

Bash at 55MpH?

I smell parts....... Lots of parts. I am not saying that the jato is not a great truck, it's just that most places I bash at would require a self deploying parachute in order to slow down fast enough to avoid serious trouble at 50+ MpH.

But hey it's your money, and they will make all the parts you can buy!

Have fun!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 AM
RC Prodigy

Heres the pics you wanted you non believer. You can even ask thunderbird junkie. I talk to him all the time on AIM and he KNOWS that I'm not lying.

Look closely, that IS THE STOCK CLUTCHBELL, FLYWHEEL, AND SPURGEAR.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54775.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	294891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48082.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	294892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14776.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	294893   Click image for larger version

Name:	At55500.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	294894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq88766.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	294895  
Old 07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
ragamuffin

ORIGINAL: Tricksligger
I know its just your opinion, but your opinion SUCKS and thats just my opinion
LMAO!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 AM
spaks

you know what i dont wanna hear anyone talk trash about any XTM product i will take u on any day at any track with my X-Cellerator or Mammoth now im not talking trash about the jato personally ive never seen one run ever i mean stock its just a play truck but if u remove the 2 speed and put in the single and change out the tires it could be a good race truck but again let me say i dont like traxxas products but i wont talk trash about there vehicles now their fuel thats a different story thats just straight crap now how about this check out my xcell http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...1747&start=285
its the last set of pics on the page now tell me XTM is garbage because i will prove you wrong any day of the week

spaks
Old 07-08-2005, 01:10 AM
zboarder720

This thread is just pointless. All he did was post his opinion and then this happens. You guys want facts? I havent even seen any facts on here.

The only reason the Jato has a higher top speed is because it has a 2-speed. The X-Cellerator comes close with a single speed.

XTM makes affordable, quality products. That is their goal. The X-C is a full on race leagel (except for the engine, but all RTR engine need replacement) truck and the Jato has to have the single speed conversion plus other mods to even get it race ready. The X-C is a racer out of the box as well as a GREAT basher.

Those are the facts!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:12 AM
zboarder720

ORIGINAL: spaks

you know what i dont wanna hear anyone talk trash about any XTM product i will take u on any day at any track with my X-Cellerator or Mammoth now im not talking trash about the jato personally ive never seen one run ever i mean stock its just a play truck but if u remove the 2 speed and put in the single and change out the tires it could be a good race truck but again let me say i dont like traxxas products but i wont talk trash about there vehicles now their fuel thats a different story thats just straight crap now how about this check out my xcell http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...1747&start=285
its the last set of pics on the page now tell me XTM is garbage because i will prove you wrong any day of the week

spaks
Wat to go spaks, lol.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:24 AM
RC Prodigy

My opinion is that traxxas just doesn't make reliable products. I bought their temperature gauge and it stopped working 2 days later, that's damn sure gonna be that last thing I buy from them. The only traxxas product that I buy regularly is their body clips, you can't really make crappy body clips IMO unless they are plastic.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: zboarder720

This thread is just pointless. All he did was post his opinion and then this happens. You guys want facts? I havent even seen any facts on here.

The only reason the Jato has a higher top speed is because it has a 2-speed. The X-Cellerator comes close with a single speed.

XTM makes affordable, quality products. That is their goal. The X-C is a full on race leagel (except for the engine, but all RTR engine need replacement) truck and the Jato has to have the single speed conversion plus other mods to even get it race ready. The X-C is a racer out of the box as well as a GREAT basher.

Those are the facts!
here here!
BTW prodigy...you DID use the DTX header on your swap
everything else though is indeed a direct swap unless you buy the wrong crank configuration.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:05 AM
derekxec

X-C at 46mph? they must not know how to tune because i clocked my box stock x-c at 53mph after i got a good tune...the 2.5 is a piece of junk and so is the easy start if traxxas would come out with something..anything different i might be interested in it

and just think the X-C does the speed with a one speed! takes 2 for a jato

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.