Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

I hope they can handle the abuse, the next upgrade will be the rear arms in aluminum.
    Saldly, 98% of teens have switched to rap music, if you\'re part of the other 2% that like real hip-hop put this in your sig.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, no kidding huh? i actually had it in my head to go out in the garage and make myself a set of extra thick aluminum arms(front&rear) and just buy the aluminum bulk head. i dont race so weight isnt that important to me.
    My rc\'s haven\'t met a shin they didn\'t like

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a custom aluminum front shock tower, a member of the Gobal forums made it for me. Fits perfectly but it is scratched. It was his second one and I did a review on it-I got it for free.
    Saldly, 98% of teens have switched to rap music, if you\'re part of the other 2% that like real hip-hop put this in your sig.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea I know but it seems to put stress on the bulkhead, I might have to get a aluminum one, dang, too much green's being burnt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i know how you feel, its like trying to put out a fire with gas and the more (cars) you have the bigger the fire.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only have 2 cars, a Traxxas Sport and XC. I don't even drive my Sport, just a roller that I want to start a project on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi i would like more acceleration how would my engine run with this pipe

torque tuned pipe
    www.icedanimations.tk
    www.myxtmx-cellerator.tk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the ntc3 is a .15. i see alot of adds that say pipes are for .15 to .18, but i dont believe them. one day just for fun i put my stock t-maxx pipe on my x-c. that pipe just killed any type of performance or pep for that matter. yes, i know its a stock restrictive p.o.s pipe, but like i said it was all for fun. i couldnt tell you about that particular pipe because i went the opposite direction. after looking at quite a few pipes and reading alot of posts, i bought an hpi hellfire pipe from e-bay. i figured if it was made for a big block, what would it do for the xtm .18? if you consider the fact that the .18 is right under bb territory, it makes some sense. now i know alot of people are going to talk about backpressure and pulses,etc..., but in the end it worked for me. it woke up the motor, it has a more linear acceleration, and what seems like alot more torque/power. ive read of other people putting bb pipes on the x-c with great success and alot of praise over what it brings to the party. i hope that helps you a little bit in you search for more power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

after your post i have consided useing a big block pipe but still if any one has used the assciated pipe does it work well
    www.icedanimations.tk
    www.myxtmx-cellerator.tk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: maxxhavoc

the ntc3 is a .15. i see alot of adds that say pipes are for .15 to .18, but i dont believe them. one day just for fun i put my stock t-maxx pipe on my x-c. that pipe just killed any type of performance or pep for that matter. yes, i know its a stock restrictive p.o.s pipe, but like i said it was all for fun. i couldnt tell you about that particular pipe because i went the opposite direction. after looking at quite a few pipes and reading alot of posts, i bought an hpi hellfire pipe from e-bay. i figured if it was made for a big block, what would it do for the xtm .18? if you consider the fact that the .18 is right under bb territory, it makes some sense. now i know alot of people are going to talk about backpressure and pulses,etc..., but in the end it worked for me. it woke up the motor, it has a more linear acceleration, and what seems like alot more torque/power. ive read of other people putting bb pipes on the x-c with great success and alot of praise over what it brings to the party. i hope that helps you a little bit in you search for more power.
    Any small block pipe will work, and when they say ".15-.18" its true. A Hellfire pipe? Haha That makes no sense what-so-ever.I might have to try that though. mmmmm...
    A great pipe combo is the Drake header and an AE FT pipe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the AE torque-tuned pipe is great for any small block that I've run for more bottom-end punch. the top end pipe with a .12CVR in my RC10GT was enough to wheelie on command
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this is why i didnt knock the ae pipe, i dont know anything about it except for what ive read. i dont see how a bb pipe doesnt make sense.

.15=2.5
    .18=3.0
    .21=3.5
    .26=4.2
    .28=4.6

the difference in each motor is "about" +/- 5cc. almost every article ive read online or on the stand says a 2-stroke motor needs flow. now im not saying that different pipe configurations within the same size motor range are junk, most people are very happy with a pipe they have. that bb pipes do the same thing as the sb pipes, in that they cover the .21 - .28 range of motors. like i said "it woked for me". im just a basher so "skies the limit". im actually thinking about following hpi and turning my 4-tec into a 4wd stadium truck[X(]. anyways its just food for thought. havving a small fortune in different pipes is what makes no sence to me and some day ill probably be there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it needs airflow...but more important than gross airflow, is proper airflow. Just buy one $25 pipe at a time, and before you know it you can open your own head shop
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

guys i need help, i was running my xcell, and for the first tank everything was great, but then on my second tank i started it up, and it had like NO speed at all, like it would rev like mad and go rly not fast, i also noticed alot of white smoke coming out.

so i put the high speed needle back to factory, and i was tinkering with the low speed needle, and i got it started, didnt get to run it tho, but i did have a chance to do the "pinch test". so it was running and i pinched the line and i noticed that it increased a couple hundred rpm's. like it was increasing for a good 2-3 secs before it died. so i leaned it out a little (proly not the right thing to do...) and then i tried to start if up again BUT the gay pullstarter cord snapped.[:@][:@]

help....
    im a noob, this is my frist nitro and my first day running it was pretty frustrating [:@][:'(][&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sl4ppinb4ss3r

guys i need help, i was running my xcell, and for the first tank everything was great, but then on my second tank i started it up, and it had like NO speed at all, like it would rev like mad and go rly not fast, i also noticed alot of white smoke coming out.

so i put the high speed needle back to factory, and i was tinkering with the low speed needle, and i got it started, didnt get to run it tho, but i did have a chance to do the "pinch test". so it was running and i pinched the line and i noticed that it increased a couple hundred rpm's. like it was increasing for a good 2-3 secs before it died. so i leaned it out a little (proly not the right thing to do...) and then i tried to start if up again BUT the gay pullstarter cord snapped.[:@][:@]

help....
    im a noob, this is my frist nitro and my first day running it was pretty frustrating [:@][:'(][&o]
    Lean your low needle or your idle needle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok thanks, but first i gotta get a new damn starter [&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i did the same thing. 2 weeks after i got my x-c i was trying to start it and pulled a little too far. pop! i was left dtanding there with a cord in my hand and a stupid look on my face.

as far as the bb pipe goes, all i can say is if you got a few extra bucks give it a try. you might likey! in which case i say welcome to the dark side.[sm=devious.gif]

man! they should have a little darth vader smiley.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heh. i fixed the starter.. i just opened it up and like got the string back and yeeah..

anyways, can someone tell me what the low speed needle is for like factory settings? my engine is still being gay and i wanna fix it asap heh.

i know the high speed setting is, tighten all the way, and then turn it back 3 turns.. does anyone know what the low speed setting is?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Look in your manual, Id take a peek but my XC is all over my table as I installed aluminum hubs and got a new solder and crap.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont have the manual heh... thats why i asked, but PM me if you get around to checking yours.. i hope i dont have to mess with the idle screw, cuz i dont know how to take off the carb, and if i do i have a feeling im gunna mess my truck up more then it already is..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i did some researching, and i came upon this

http://www.rc411.com/reviews/xtmxcel/specifics.pdf

Im going to try it out sometime tomorrow after school and ill let you know how it goes, btw, what is 242 degrees in celsius?

in this time where im at the temperature is like (last 2 weeks) in the 0-7 celsius range

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I might be getting off topic with the questions being asked, but will the HPI MT2 rims fit the X-Cellerator?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive decided to go with the assiciated pipe thanks for your help
    www.icedanimations.tk
    www.myxtmx-cellerator.tk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BAMF90

I might be getting off topic with the questions being asked, but will the HPI MT2 rims fit the X-Cellerator?
    most of HPI's rims will fit...but make sure you get rears AND fronts. they come with adaptors to run with Associated and Losi trucks, and the XC uses Losi style wheels

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast