Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Nik.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

The electric has a clone associated t4 rear end and a t3 front end. The nitro has a losi rear end with a t3 front. All parts should fit.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
rcdriv3r

ah thats nice to know, knew losi parts fit but didnt know it was the entire back end. ...see these forums are great =)
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM
rclynx

ORIGINAL: Nik.

The electric has a clone associated t4 rear end and a t3 front end. The nitro has a losi rear end with a t3 front. All parts should fit.
Please by all means tell us rookies how that all works and how many have you converted [:'(]
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Nik.

XTM......Team Associated. Im pretty sure parts would fit.

see http://www.hobbypeople.net/review1/145612.htm rccaraction- "X-cellerator borrows freely from current racing designs"

I couldn't find any good pictures of the nitro, but it looks similar to one of the Team Losi 1/10 trucks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84947.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1338610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51243.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1338611  
Old 12-22-2009, 07:01 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

I've got an electric one..and am looking to set it up for SS class(13.5/19T) any way I was wondering if anyone knows if a T4 spur will fit? I am looking to put a 75 spur/25 pinion as a base point..also do you guys think 32.5 front/27.5 rear would be a good combo? and some different springs other than the stockers?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
traxxas85

hey guys ive got the electric one and the bearing on the inside of the hub that is on the cva wont come off. how do i get it off?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 AM
XTM P

ORIGINAL: traxxas85

hey guys ive got the electric one and the bearing on the inside of the hub that is on the cva wont come off. how do i get it off?
HAMMER .

I just got a good deal on 2 xcels and i will be needing some help with them
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
XTM P

No one has these no more ?

well mine came in i kept one and gave one too my father in law we both put our BLITZ aside and started working on these it's kind of fun cause it's more of a hunt finding parts but the challenge is good and entertaining.

Well this is what i got so far and these 2 modifications made it run extremely fast took it to the track and it pretty much kept up if not exceeded most trucks on the track very fun to drive with more power and speed .

All i did so far was changed:

1. Motor : tossed the old slow poke one and went with the traxxas 12t 550 motor i'm planning on going with a rebuildable motor in the future maybe brushless but for now this motor is EXCELLENT !

2. switch up the stock pinion gear with a 20t pinion gear and this mod made the car extremely fast .

thats about i got a traxxas esc coming in the mail can't wait for that and also 2 losi 6 cell 3600 mah battery packs

here are a few pictures .

Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
rcdriv3r

Are you saying that no one has the x-cell electrics anymore? if that's what you meant then check out Hobbypeople.net, it's their "store brand" cars. I got a nitro x-cell and it rips it up at the track. (and that's stock, i haven't changed anything on it) but ya if you need parts for it i recommend the site i mentioned. happy rc-ing.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:58 AM
XTM P

ORIGINAL: Nik.

XTM......Team Associated. Im pretty sure parts would fit.

see http://www.hobbypeople.net/review1/145612.htm rccaraction- "X-cellerator borrows freely from current racing designs"

I couldn't find any good pictures of the nitro, but it looks similar to one of the Team Losi 1/10 trucks.

What Losi truck is that ?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 AM
XTM P

bump for the answer
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
XTM P

bump for the answer
Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
XTM P

So this thread is dead now ?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 PM
kill_xtm_xcellerator

well people i need some ideas for a good working servo for the xcell nitro the orignal servo went out it fricken burnt up....so i have no idea what to replace it with...i want some thing in the 40 dollar range but i will never buy cirrus crap again[:@]
Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
flores_j

Oh how convennient! a forum dedicated strictly to the x cellerator. For nitros as well! oh, well isn't today my lucky day. Now it would only get better if I could only find somewhere to race the 1/10th scale nitro truck in socal.... Does anyone have ANY suggestions? It would really help, it really would.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM
rcdriv3r

it depends on where you live. i know some hobby shops out in the I.E. have some tracks. my suggestion would to google for tracks near to where you live.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
flores_j

I tried google.... Nothing showed. I mean nothing. I live in the I.E. but am willing to go anywhere within 25 miles of where i live. I just thought askin around might be more effective than using the computer which didn't really help too much.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
rcdriv3r

it looks like this track is more for 1/8th scale but you could contact them and they would know of other places to race. This is out in Beaumont.

http://www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com/
Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Kenster362

Hi, Ifound these wheels on eBay and was curious if they fit my XTMX-Cellerator. www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx

Ive read that team losi wheels (and most other parts for that matter)are compatible with the x-cellerator. Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:20 PM
camarored98ls1

hey guys i m a newbe and read all 87 pages after getting my x-cellerator nitro and blowing the plastic diff gear so i bought the rrp aluminum gear #1513 put it in and i did not forget the grease and inabout 5 minutes it stripped the new gear. do you guys know why this happened thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM
markanator

hey i need a new spur gear and i dont know which size to get a 45 or 47..but does it matter about the size of the clutch bell..if so do i just count the teeth lol
Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
RCUSEE

hey everybody,

anyone still driving the x-cell ?
i just did about a week ago, havent had alot time... for the hobby

im a bit upset cause my 18tz isnt workin how i want it to. first of all its eating the gaskets between engine and pipe i really dont know why... but this way the car looks like a mess everytime i drive it+ the performance goes down.

and still its eating my spurgears, cant help that.

so i removed the tz and put in my old engine but thats not really what i wanted :P

been workin on my g4 for a while, hope to drive that one this summer
Old 05-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Firewire4

I have the electric Xcellerator and im upgrading to different a spur gear and pinion gear, got any good ratios?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 AM
rfxcasey

I have the Nitro version. I've run about 2 quarts through it and It's really a great truck. I had this problem though ever since I first got it though. I could only get about 100 ft of radio distance. Checked all the threads, even got new crystals. Funny thing about the crystals though I got some Venoms FM 27.195Mhz to replace the number 2 set the truck came with. They were supposed to be 5s with I think a green tag. Instead these say 10 with a yellow tag. I don't understand what the difference is as they say 27.195 on them and they appear to be the same type crystal, but they don't work in the truck. Are these European or something?

Any ways I put the original crystal set back in and tried tuning the receiver coils (they are coils but most people think they are potentiometers) to  get max distance which helped a bit but not nearly enough. So I went inside and opened up the transmitter. I hooked the antenna up to my O scope and saw the signal seemed very low. I didn't know what it should be but .2 volts seems very low for any kind of radio transmission. While messing around with the guts I noticed the signal suddenly jump to 1 volt and then go away again. I was like "Oh crap!" so I started examining the board closely to discover that one of the leads on the op amp (wihch amplifies the signal) was almost totally dry of solder. So I pulled out my iron and bridged the gap.

Man, I can take this thing out of my sight now. I sent it down the block so far I couldn't even see it anymore. So happy I didn't have to buy a new radio I will probably celebrate by buying a trainer plane instead. My truck came with a Cirrus controller and I have to say from looking inside the quality of manufacture is crap. Looks like a lot of things are hand soldered inside by someone who knows nothing. The traces weren't even cleaned of the fingerprints.

The other thing is my steering servo has crapped out so I ordered a replacement. Before I bough a Venom failsafe and fixed the TX it ran away from my son and smashed into a concrete block busting the front suspension arm. I think this is what eventually lead to the servos demise.

Great little truck though have to say. Anyone know how well these motors hold up?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 AM
rfxcasey

ORIGINAL: camarored98ls1

hey guys i m a newbe and read all 87 pages after getting my x-cellerator nitro and blowing the plastic diff gear so i bought the rrp aluminum gear #1513 put it in and i did not forget the grease and inabout 5 minutes it stripped the new gear. do you guys know why this happened thanks
I think maybe something is too tight like the clutch or something. Ihave a friend with a Nitro Rustler which is very simular to the Xcel and he had this problem before IIRC. May be that the clutch is not slipping enough. Hope tha helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.